Chapter 31 - Her New One

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

[Choi Entertainment…December 02, 2030]

The 4D members are called early in the Monday morning. They’re currently in a break after their Japan concert, while also preparing for the upcoming 4D final comeback for year 2030.

It couldn’t be a new schedule, they have it all arrange until the end of December, so the girls are confused on what this meeting is all about. Mr. Choi isn’t telling anything, and it looks like Erika doesn’t know either. Finally, their questions will be answered when a girl walks in.

“You’re here.”

“Sorry, am I late?”

“No, not really. But the girls had been waiting for awhile and someone here isn’t known to be patient.” Erika rolled her eyes. “Anyways, why don’t you introduce yourself to the girls?”

“Hey, girls. My name is Im Dana Soo, but you can just call me Dana.” she flashed a charming smile to them before continuing. “I’m your new manager starting today, nice to meet you.”

“I’m confused.”

“Did one of our managers left?”

“Why the hell am I not informed about any of this?”

“Okay, calm down.” Mr. Choi interrupts. “No one left, I just thought that you should have an extra help now that things happened like…relationships and stuff.” Anika finally gets it.

“You’re being overprotective, dad.”

“Well, I just thought it would be better if you’re safe.”

“Yes, and I am trained for any type of combat so you don’t have to worry. Also, I’m a good manager. That’s why Mr. Choi hired me.” Dana says. “I got your back and your schedules.”

“Alright, then.” Lei comments and face Dana with a bright smile. “Welcome to the family.”

--

Like Dana said, she really is trained for combat. Jeril asked her for a sparring match and it’s fair to say that they’re almost on par. Erika also joined in with them, and Dana managed to handle her too. It puts out Mr. Choi’s worries and Erika’s doubt, so she’s officially approved.

There’s just one problem. DanLei. The new ship going around Twitter world, which irritates Erika to the ends of her nerves. People are actually shipping the two together as a couple.

“Well, they do look cute together.”

“Did I ask for your opinion?”

“I’m just saying.” Jeril struck her tongue out, loving that Erika is being annoyed. “You should have made your move back then, before Dana came in the picture. It’s your problem now.”

“You don’t need to remind me, I get it.”

“Well, to be honest, I still think you and Lei are perfect together.”

Jeril walks away after saying that, making Erika chuckle. But then her smile fades as she thought about what the dancer had said. At some point, she’s right. She should have done something before Dana came and now everyone are shipping her Lei with someone else.

“Hey, leader.” Anika calls out from the door. “It’s time to go, the van is waiting downstairs.”

“Yeah, I’m coming.” Erika stood up, grabs her cap and walks out of her room. “Where’s Lei?”

“She’s with Dana, they’re already inside the van with Chase and the other managers.” Erika scoffed unconsciously, making Anika looks at her in concern. “Is there…something wrong?”

“What? No, no. Nothing.” Damn, I should be careful. “I just have an itchy nose, that’s all.”

“Oh…kay?” Anika obviously doesn’t believe her but lets it go, she already knows it anyways.

Erika’s jealousy isn’t exactly subtle. Every single time that Dana and Lei has a moment, she consciously or unconsciously glares at their new manager. Anika is actually the first one to points it out, being the observant one among them, and asked Jeril to talk to their leader.

Just like now, Erika is glaring behind her glasses because Lei is leaning her head on Dana’s shoulder as the manager plays a game on Lei’s phone. And their maknae looks amazed.

“You should teach me how to do those combos.”

“Sure, just come to me whenever you’re free from your schedules.”

“Really? Wow! Thank you in advance, Dana unnie!” Lei hugs Dana as she chuckle.

“I’m actually younger than you by a few months.” she informed her with humor in her tone.

“WHAT? NO WAY!” Lei exclaimed. “Not that you don’t look young, I just thought that I’m a little bit younger than you. Wait, that means I’m not the maknae now? WHAAAAAAAAT?”

“You will always be 4D’s maknae, Lei.” Dana says as she pat Lei’s head, like how Erika does.

“Aren’t you going to stop that?” Jeril says, seriousness is actually evident in her voice.

“What makes you think I want to?” Erika scoffs and roll her eyes to look away.

“You know, your jealousy won’t go away unless you lower your pride and admit that you’re actually jealous.” she shook her head. “And nothing would happen if you just push it away.”

Anika puts a hand on top of Jeril’s, silently comforting her by saying it may be a bumpy road but atleast we got here and she knows her message came across when Jeril held her hand.

“No…not now.”

==========================================================================

 

Im Dana Soo

Known in the Showbiz World for being an amazing manager. She has a nickname of ‘Prince’ because of her boyish charm and perfection, she can do a lot of things. She’s like a different version of Erika if the girl had became a manager instead of an idol.