Chapter 28.1 (Special Chapter) - Jeon Clan pt.2

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

After the mini Q and A in the living room, they headed to the dining room for dinner. To say that the table is long will be an understatement because the table is very, very long, probably enough to fit all family members, which are around 30, including Jeril’s nephews and nieces.

“Excuse the chaos in our family, dear.” Grandma Jeon says. “It’s always like this when we eat together. Jeon Clan is one big happy family despite the fact that we are a yakuza clan.”

Anika had later found out that everyone in the Jeon family are part of the clan and have a reputation of being troublemakers, on the good side of the police though, they help maintain ordain and peace in Japan and all of the family members are professional at their field of job.

Jeril’s grandfather used to be a police too, her grandmother was the owner of the hospital that is now being handle by their oldest daughter, Jeril’s father is a chief of police, Kent is a famous businessman, and the youngest daughter is a successful lawyer, who works in Kyoto.

The Jeon Clan often consisted of police, businessman, doctors, lawyers, and basically all the kinds of people who can help the economy. No wonder why they’re famous all around Japan.

The oldest daughter has two sons, who are doctors that are helping in the hospital. Mr. Jeon has two; Jeril and Ivan. Kent has three; two girls and one boy, who grew up with Jeril. And the youngest among the siblings has one daughter who’s also studying law to follow her.

The oldest daughter’s sons already have a family, Kent’s daughters also have theirs, leaving out Jeril, Ivan, Kent’s son and the youngest’s daughter. And that’s what led them to this topic.

“So, are you planning on having kids?”

“Auntie! We just got together!” Jeril scoldingly says.

Onee-san is just asking you, no need to be offended.” Kent teases.

“It’s too early to joke about that.” the youngest Jeon says, a light blush on her cheeks. “Like I said, we just got together. We haven’t even had our first date yet, kids can wait for awhile.”

“Not too long, though.” Jeril’s grandfather interrupted. “I want to see your children, Jeril. It would be a shame to leave this earth without seeing your offsprings.” Jeril let out a groan.

“Please don’t use the word offspring ever again.” she says, which made Anika chuckle. “I’m really sorry about them. They’re a bunch of weirdos, please don’t mind them too much.”

“Nah, it’s alright.” Anika assured, holding Jeril’s hand under the table. “I love your family.”

“And we love you too.” Jeril’s youngest aunt says, glancing at Anika and Jeril’s joined hands.

“Yeah, how could an angel like you fell inlove with this demonic cousin of mine?” Kent’s son teases, grinning like a replica of his father, and Jeril wants to swipe that smirk off his face.

“No fighting while eating.” the oldest cousin scolded. “Finish dinner, then start your fight.”

Anika’s eyes widened, she thought that he would stop his two younger cousins from fighting, but he just actually don’t want them to fight infront of the food. Well-mannered but weird.

After the dinner, Jeril and her cousin went down to the basement, which looks like a huge dojo, the one that’s used to teach a huge class of karate or taekwondo and stuffs. Anika is amaze, but she already expected them to have this. Hearing Jeon’s riches, who wouldn’t?

“First to knock down three times on the floors loses.” the second son of Jeril’s aunt said. “In 5 minutes, cause there’s still desserts, one round only. Fighters, position. 3…2…1…FIGHT!”

Kurt ran to Jeril and starts throwing punches but the girl easily dodge those. However, she was backed up against a wall and Kurt swiftly kicked her feet when she tried to escape. She got down on the floor, giving him a point. With a chuckle, Jeril rose up and starts attacking.

Jeril continuously throw punches just like how Kurt did but when she swiftly kicked his feet, he jumped up but Jeril just timed it to punch him directly in the stomach, causing him to fall.

“1-1!” Kurt’s sister excitedly announces before facing Anika. “They’re not even serious yet.”

“Oh, I know. Chase still has that teasing glint in her eyes, it’s obvious she’s holding back.”

“Wait, you’re calling Jeril ‘Chase’?” Anika hesitantly nods. “Wow, she did became soft.”

“True.” the two of them shares a laugh before facing back to the two Jeons sharing a punch, and are now starting to become serious. The score is 2-2 now, Jeril is on defense though.

“My, oh, my. You’ve gone soft, Jeril.”

“You wish, Kurt.” Jeril chuckles then smirks.

And Anika knows right there that her girlfriend would win. That evil smirk is the warning. Jeril roundhouse kicked her cousin, and he couldn’t even dodged it even with his Jeon instinct.

“Damn, that hurts!”

“Oh? I thought I’ve gone soft?”

“Whatever.” Kurt rolled his eyes and stood up. “You still got it after all this years, no wonder you’re the heir of Jeon Clan.” he chuckles and pat Jeril’s shoulder. “Welcome home, cousin.”

===========================================================================

I wanted to write a chapter dedicating to the Jeon Clan cause I feel like they’re a cool family if introduced. And I think that this is the right chapter for it, though it’s still too short for me.