Chapter 42 - Blessings

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

[Manila, Philippines…July 31, 2034]

Jeril is wandering around the streets of Manila, not knowing which way is the Choi mansion. She only remember vaguely about the direction but it would be no use because they were riding the helicopter that time. After that, they hadn’t been to Anika’s place even once.

So, now she’s just hoping that the Ramirez Family is known in Manila so that she could have an address to follow. It’s hard roaming around in this crowded place, it’s so hot and noisy.

“Excuse me.”she called out of the security guard in a mall. “Do you know where I could find the Ramirez Law Office? They’re famous lawyers, I think.”the security guard rubs his nape.

“Ma’am, I’m Cebuano. I don’t memorize all places in Manila, I’m sorry.” Jeril sighs and nods her head in defeat. “But there is Ramirez Law Office in Cebu too, maybe you can go there.”

“Cebu? Is that far from here? Do I need to ride a taxi or something?”the guard laughs.

“No, ma’am. It’s located in Visayas. You have to ride airplane or barko (ship).

“O-Oh, on the other island?”he nodded. “Okay, thank you.” Jeril walks away from him and grabs her phone out to call Erika. It took a few rings before the girl answered. “Hey, busy?”

(Nah, it’s fine. What’s going on?)

“I’m lost here, I think I need to go to another island.”

(What? I thought Anika’s family is in Manila. Wait, you’re in Manila, right?)

“Yes, but a guard told me that there’s a Ramirez Law Office in Cebu, which is on the other island called Visayas so I have to ride an airplane or a…barko? I don’t know what that is.”

(Alright, wait a second.)there’s shuffling on the other side and Jeril heard a door opened, there’s a soft voice on the other side, different from Erika. (It’s Jeril, she’s in the Philippines.)

(Hey, Jeril unnie!) Lei’s voice appeared on the other line and Jeril chuckled. Ofcourse, they’re together. (So, how are you doing? Did you found Anika unnie’s family already?) Lei asked.

“No, I’m actually a bit lost. Do you know the address of the Ramirez Law Office?”

(I do, but…Anika unnie mentioned that her family’s going to a vacation in Cebu for a week.)

“So, I have to go to the other island either way.” Jeril sighs. “So do you know the address of the Ramirez Law Office in Cebu too?” Lei hums. “Text me, then. I have to go to the airport.”

(Alright, take care. Call us when you get there.) Erika didn’t wait for an answer and hang up.

“I’m on my own now.”she mumbled under her breathe as she called a taxi cab.

--

After a 45-minutes plane ride, Jeril finally arrived in Cebu. She’s currently at Lapu-Lapu City, which is an extension? To Cebu? She’s not sure, so she decided to call Erika and Lei again.

“I’m in Lapu-Lapu now, where do I go next?”

(Ride a taxi to get to Cebu City, you’ll have to cross a bridge.)

“Alright.”Jeril says, already calling for a taxi. “When I get there, where to next?”

(The Ramirez Law Office is located in Pardo, but their mansion is located in Talisay, so just choose which one you want to go. I already sent the address. Just ride a taxi to get there.)

“Okay, thanks…”

(You’re welcome, and goodluck!)

(Goodluck, Jeon! Hope you don’t get their blessing--)

Jeril ended the call before Erika could finish her teasing. She got into the taxi and instructed the driver to head to the address in Talisay. She’s going to the mansion because if she’s going to do this, then she’s going to do this right. She will get the blessing from the whole family…

The taxi ride was a long one and along the way, Jeril is scrolling down through her phone’s gallery, looking at the pictures of her and Anika, encouraging her that this is the right thing.

Yup, I’m marrying this girl.

The taxi stopped, signaling that they had arrived. Jeril looked up and saw the mansion of her girlfriend’s family and felt nervous again. But she remind herself she’s doing this for Anika.

“Alright, then. Let’s do this.”

She paid the taxi and rang the doorbell of the mansion. It took a minute before the gates are opened by a maid, she looked at Jeril for a second before letting her inside without a word.

“U-Uhm, I’m Jeon Jeril Chase--”

“Yes, miss. I know who you are, please come in.”

“Y-You know who I am? Do you also know why I’m here right now?”

“Not really. But I’m sure it’s about our young miss.” Jeril slowly nods and follows after her.

They went inside the huge house and the girl asked her to sit while she calls for Anika’s mom.

Jeril decided to text Anika to calm herself, but she’s careful about the topic to avoid this visit from being find out, she wanted this to be a surprise. She wanted everything to be perfect.

“Jeon Jeril?” she looked up at the familiar voice and saw Mrs. Choi. “Why…are you here?”

Jeril opened to answer but then Mr. Ramirez, Anika’s grandfather, came inside with Mrs. Ramirez. Okay, so Jeril may have faced a lot of mafias and gangster…but seeing Anika’s family actually made her nervous. Get a grip! She took a deep breath and started.

========================================================================