Chapter 44 - Venue

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

Jeril paced inside her mother’s office, waiting for her to finish the meeting of the Sae Young’s staff. She’s here because of an important mission and to deliver an important message to her.

After a few more minutes, the door finally opened and her mother enters. She apologize for the delay and went to sit down in her chair while Jeril occupied the seat infront of her mom.

“So, why the sudden visit? I doubt you’re here just to check up on me.” Mrs. Jeon chuckles.

“You made me sound bad…but, I am here for something. I was hoping dad would be too.”

“Oh, he is here.” her mother informs as she sent her husband a text. “He came to visit me.”

“Alright, I’ll wait for him then.”she said and they both waited for the door to open, which didn’t exactly took long. Mr. Jeon was just strolling around the academy to wait for his wife.

“Lj? What are you doing here?”

“Hey, dad. It’s good to see you too.”Mr. Jeon smirks.

“Ofcourse, it’s good to see you. I’m just surprised with your sudden visit.”

“Didn’t you also surprise your visit?”he chuckles and shakes his head as he sat down in the other vacant seat infront of Jeril and Mrs. Jeon. “Anyways, I’m here to tell you something.”

“Go ahead--”

“I’m getting married.”

Mr. and Mrs. Jeon’s eyes widened as they stare at Jeril in shock. How come they didn’t know about this? Why did Jeril inform them just know? What happened? Who proposed? How--?

“I…haven’t proposed yet, but I’m a bit confident she wouldn’t say no. So, I’m informing you in advance.” the couple finally let out the breath they’re holding. “Is it too fast for us?”

“No, no.” Mrs. Jeon chuckles. “Not at all. I think you two have waited enough.”

“We were just shocked at the sudden information, I thought you’ve already proposed.”

“Actually, that’s one of the reasons why I’m here.”Jeril scratches her nape awkwardly. “I was hoping I could use Sae Young’s rooftop to propose.”Mr. Jeon looks at her confusedly.

“Why Sae Young’s rooftop?”

“Uhm, it’s kind of a sacred place for both of us.”

“That’s where you first interacted, I suppose?” Mrs. Jeon asked.

“Yes. Do you remember when 4D just got paired up? It was years ago, I doubt you still remembers, but anyways…we first interacted in that rooftop, she taught me the dance.”

“Is that the time where you asked to borrow the rooftop’s key to practice for the first time since you entered in the academy?” Jeril looks surprised but nodded. “Yeah, I remember.”

“Right. So, yeah, I was hoping it would be vacant for a day.”

“When are you going to propose to her?”

“Well, she came back to the Philippines just yesterday because of a family reunion and she said that maybe she’ll be there for awhile so probably the last week of August or the first week of September.” Mrs. Jeon hum in understanding as she went to grab a big notebook.

“Last week of August is the Intramurals, but we can held it in an arena. The first week of September, I guess I could just close the school for a day. Just tell me the date when.”

“Really? Is that okay to do so? You’re not going to get fired?”

“How many years have I worked here? Ofcourse, it’s okay. They won’t fire me.”

“More like, they can’t.” Mr. Jeon interrupts. “Because if they do, then I will fire them off…”

“Geez, dad. There’s no need for violence.” Mrs. Jeon laughs as Jeril chuckles, making Mr. Jeon smiles as well.“Uhm, so…you’re okay with this? You really are supportive about us?”

“We have always been, Lj. Taking these steps prove you’ve matured.”

“Yes, and Anika is the perfect one for you. Don’t hesitate to take the next step with her.”

“Thank you so much, mom. Dad.” Jeril stood up and hugs her both of her parents. She’s glad that even though she rebel against them so much before, they’ve always been here for her.

==========================================================================