Chapter 32 - A Hard Time

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

It’s not easy for Erika watching Dana and Lei together, but it’s not easy for Dana either. Erika had been giving her a hard time. Jeril and Anika is worried her dislike might be too obvious.

“Did I do something wrong?” Dana asked them and they share a glance.

“Uhm…no? What makes you think that?” Anika innocently said.

“I have a feeling that your leader doesn’t really like me.”

“She doesn’t really like anyone other than herself, so don’t take offence in that.” Jeril say and Anika softly hit her side. “I mean, she’s just a…moody person so you didn’t do wrong.”

“Okay?” Dana looks like she doesn’t believe it but let it go anyways. “Well, I’m going to Lei’s room so just find me there if you need anything.” she was about to leave but Jeril stops her.

“Why are you heading to Lei’s room?”

“We’re going to play videogames, is that wrong too?”

“No, no.” Anika interrupts as she gently takes off Jeril’s hold from Dana’s arm. “Chase is just curious, you two have fun.” Dana gave them another confused look before she walks away.

“You should have stopped her.”

“From what? Being best friends with Lei?”

“From flirting with the girl inlove with Ked unnie!”

“WHO DOESN’T EVEN CARE!” Anika exclaims. “If she did care, do you think she would have wasted three years being together with Lei? FOUR YEARS, including before our idol career.”

“She doesn’t know how she feels.”

“And you do? You think she feels the same way?”

“I know she feels the same way.” Jeril says intently. “She’s our bestfriend, our leader, she sacrified a lot for us. I’m not going to turn my back on her, I’ll support her until the end.”

“I feel the same, Chase.” Anika sighs. “But Lei is our bestfriend too, our baby, and being inlove with Ked unnie hurt her. If she can find a new love, I’ll support that until the end.”

“Both of their happiness matters to me, and I think they can find that with each other.”

“But I don’t want to see Lei hurting again, so leave those two alone for now.”

There’s a pause before Jeril nods. She turned around and walk away. Anika lets out a deep sigh as she ran a hand through her hair. Grabbing her phone, she calls Erika for a serious talk.

--

Erika’s pride had always been in the way with a lot of things. But now, this is probaly the worst one among the collection of memories she has. Seeing Lei and Dana together…hurts.

But she couldn’t bear herself to admit it out loud.

Her pride wouldn’t allow her.

And she’s scared that maybe that’s how she’ll lose the person she loves the most. Because she couldn’t bear to lower her pride and admit that she can feel something inside; jealousy.

“Here’s your request.” Dana’s voice interrupts her train of thoughts. “There’s only one place here in Korea that sells that kind of dessert so I had to travel a little far from here.” I know.

“Yeah, sorry, I didn’t know.” Erika lied. “I’m kind of use having these around in New York.”

“No problem. We had fun with the roadtrip, anyways.” Dana says with a chuckle.

“We?” Erika has an idea who she meant, but she just need to confirm it.

“Lei and I.” or maybe she just want to hurt herself. “She said she wants to come buy your favorite dessert so I gave in, she was pretty excited and made the long trip worthwhile.”

I see.” Erika had to bite her lips to prevent the bitterness from spilling. “Well, I’m glad.”

“Yeah, me too.” Dana chuckles again and Erika felt like that is mocking her…

“Then, you don’t mind going back there for more?” Erika jokes.

“If it’s with Lei, then I wouldn’t mind even a little.”

Huh.Erika’s fist are clenched, luckily it’s under the table. “Okay, then. You can go now. Thanks.” Dana says you’re welcome before leaving and Erika could slam her fist on the table but Lei would worry and so will the others so she just ran her hand through her hair instead.

Ignoring her feelings is not easy.

But ignoring the jealousy and anger is harder.

Especially if Lei is involve. That’s what Lei’s effect on her…

Maybe Anika’s right. Maybe she needs to admit her feelings out. Maybe Jeril’s right that she needs to lower her pride and admit defeat. But will it be really defeat? If being with Lei is the prize of lowering her pride, then it’s consider as a victory. She needs to confront her girl now.

 

Calling…Clingy Babu!

 

(Hey, babe.)

“Where are you?”

========================================================================