Chapter 40 - Love is Love

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

[Seoul, South Korea…December 30, 2030]

It’s Lei and Erika’s fifth month together and they’re out for a double date with Jeril and Anika. The latter had always been insisting the two to go on a double date with her and Jeril, saying that it’s a must now that they’re both couples in the same group. Lei and Erika just complied.

They went to eat brunch together, which is a coupley thing to do. If it was before, Jeril would have complained, but now she’s just happy being with Anika, doing couple-y stuffs together.

“Chase, say ‘aahh’.” Jeril hesitantly opens and Anika happily feeds her ice cream.

“You’re whipped!” Erika exclaims in English as she laughs while Jeril glares at her.

“Ha. Ha. Ha. Like you’re not.” she shots back at her and motion to Lei.

“Babe, say ‘aahh’.” Lei feeds Erika ice cream and the older girls pouts but eats the food anyway, she was never good at saying no to Lei, and Jeril laughs at her. Karma’s a btch.

After their brunch, they headed to the park. They were going to have picnic there but they just had eaten so they just sat on the grass instead, watching families have their picnics. Lei suddenly stood up and pat Jeril’s arm before running away. Jeril jumps up and ran after her.

The two girls shakes their head at their girlfriend’s childish behavior but watches them with a smile. Suddenly, Lei was running back to Erika and hide behind her so Jeril taps Erika instead.

“You’re it.”

“Oh, you’re on!”

Jeril runs away as Erika went to chase after her. Anika laughs, thinking that Erika had just said that it was childish of Lei and Jeril to chase around but here she was now, chasing after Jeril.

“Anika, come help me!”

“Sorry, Chase, you’re on your own.”

Jeril pouts and ran back to Anika’s side, effortlessly carrying her small body up in bridal style and running away from Erika. Lei laughs but Erika did the same with her and they ran until they reach the fountain. They counted to three before gently putting their girlfriends down.

Erika and Jeril puts Lei and Anika down on the fountain, causing them to get soaked wet. They both laugh but stopped when the vocalists pulled them towards the water. With that, all of them are soaked now. Erika smiles as she tucks a hair from Lei’s forehead to her ear.

“You’re so beautiful.”

“So are you--”

“Are you single?” she jokes and Lei playfully slaps her arm. They two of them laughs before Anika’s shriek interrupts their moments and they saw Jeril splashing water at her girlfriend.

“Sorry, I’m already taken.” Lei answers as she splash water at Erika too.

“Dork.” Erika says fondly as she shields the water away.

People were looking at them and some were taking pictures because who wouldn’t? It’s the famous group members of 4D playing around like children. And then, they got scolded by the park’s security guard. Erika and Jeril laughs while Lei and Anika apologizes to the securities.

They all got out of the fountain and went to the bathroom to change. Luckily, Anika had bring extra clothes for them. It wasn’t in her plan for this but she always bring clothes…like a mom.

“Change immediately so you don’t get sick.”

“I’ll be fine, Anika. I have a strong immune system, okay?”

“I remember you getting sick for two weeks because we ran in the rain.”

“I told you, it wasn’t cause of the rain, it was because of the expired soup we ate after.”

“Whatever, I’m not risking it.” Anika throws the extra clothes she brought to Jeril and hands Lei and Erika, who were holding their laughs, an extra too. Luckily, Jeril and the two seems to be just the same size. Only Anika is a bit smaller than them, considering her short height.

The four of them got change and went out of the park to see that there were a band setting up in the middle. Maybe that’s the reason why so many people are out at the park right now.

Suddenly, Erika took Lei’s hand and drag her towards the band. Jeril and Anika following after them. They heard their leader talking to one of the members and told them to let 4D sing.

“4D, huh?” he chuckles. “Well, you two inspired me and my boyfriend after you came out as a couple so I’ll be glad to give the stage to you.” he says and motioned for his bandmates.

After they set up, the band introduces themselves and welcome 4D as the opening act. Erika puts her hand out and so did the members before they climbed up the stage just as the band leader had finished his speech about him and his boyfriend, about how 4D had inspired him.

“Let’s welcome Ked, L, Chase and Anika!” he announces. “Clap your hands for 4D!”

The crowd claps as the four girls went out to the stage. Erika already prepared the song they have in mind and the band is going to take care of the instrumental. They just need to sing.

 

It was a hard day, wasn’t it?

It hurts my heart just looking at you

There’s not much I can do for you except being next to you, I’m sorry

 

Jeril remembered how the old couples in that restaurant had whispers into themselves about how two girls shouldn’t be together, how it was against everything in the world, and she felt sorry because it seems like it affected Anika. Seeing how a soft-hearted girl like her talk back.

“God loves all people, and that includes us. So don’t you dare say loving someone in a sin.”

 

You’re so beautiful when you smile

So whenever I see you’ve lost your smile,

I want to give it back to you whatever it takes..

 

Lei also couldn’t help herself and stood up for her and Erika. The girl would have just let it go, considering it was some old people and their opinion doesn’t matter, but Lei wouldn’t. The moment they gossips about them, her smile turns to frown and she stood up immediately.

“When you love someone, you don’t look at their appearance. You listen to your heart. And my heart speaks for her.” she points to Erika. “If you can’t accept it, then atleast respect us.”

 

I’d rather cry instead of letting you cry,

I want to be hurt rather than letting you be hurt

I don’t want you to get hurt ever again

 

Loving someone more than I can take

It’s so strange when you love someone

 

It may be strange, it may be unusual, but it’s love. When you love someone, nothing else matters. All that matters is your feelings for that person, no matter what they look like or what they are. When you fall inlove with someone, you can’t help your heart from loving them. And loving someone is never a sin. No matter how unusual it is, love is always love.

========================================================================