Chapter 13 - Bodyguard

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

Even though the 4D already said their goodbyes for Anika, Jeril just couldn’t help but stay in the vocalist’s side. Since they don’t have any schedules, she decided to be Anika’s bodyguard.

The show is still new, so they were still preparing for the actual marriage show. They haven’t been engaged yet so they’re still living separately, so Jeril would take care of Anika. The older girl didn’t mind, she love her bestfriend and having her around is lessening her nervousness.

"Aren’t Ked unnie and Lei looking for you?”

“I texted them. Besides, they’re so busy with each other.”

“I’m really glad they made up, I like it better when they’re together.”

“Yeah. I may not admit it most of the times but…they belong with each other.”

Anika chuckled before leaning in to Jeril’s shoulder. They were currently sitting in the living room of the apartment that the show provided for Anika before she move in with Christian.

“Are you going to be okay living with him?”

“I’m getting comfortable with him, actually. I’ll be fine.”

“Don’t trust easily. And if he does something bad to you, he’ll get this.” Jeril raised her fist, making Anika chuckle again. She reached for the dancer’s hand and lowered it down again.

“Don’t worry, I can handle myself. Stop worrying about me, you’re getting tired.” Anika traced the bags on Jeril’s eyes with a teasing smile. “You’ll look older if you keep it up.”

“Well, if I could just pull you out of the show…”

“You don’t need to do that, this is for a friend of my father.”

“But I think I can convince him if I really try, do you want me to do that?”

“As much as I don’t want to get married at this age, no. Don’t trouble yourself, Chase. It’s just for a month or two, only a few weeks. Christian is a good person, he won’t hurt me.”

Jerili was about to say something when someone knocked on the door. She stood up and went to open it up, not surprised seeing Christian on the other side. It’s probably time…

“Are you going to propose now?”

“Uhm…no, not yet. We’re having a meeting first.”

“Well, come in for a while. I’ll just grab our coats then we can leave.”

“You’re coming with us?” Christian asked and Jeril just stared at her with a look that says ‘What do you think?’ and that shut him up. “Okay, I guess I’ll just wait her outside then.”

“Whatever suits you.” Jeril closed the door and went back to the living room. “We need to go, you’re having a meeting.” she reached for the coats in the rack and handed one to Anika. “I think you’re getting engaged today.” Anika stopped wearing her coat at what Jeril said…

“I’ll miss you…”

“Do you really have to go?”

Anika smiled sadly as she finally wore her coat and linked her arms with Jeril, guiding her to the door. The dancer didn’t forgot to grab the umbrella before they walked out of the door.

“Good morning, Anika!”

“Hey, Christian.”

“Let’s go?”

“Yeah.” but Anika didn’t let go of Jeril’s arm as they walked towards the elevator and went down to the parking lot, where their car is waiting. “Can you come with us till the venue?”

“Well, if you want me to…”

“Ofcourse, I do. Makes me less nervous.”

“Then, I’ll come.” Jeril smiled, squeezing Anika’s hand gently.

They rode the car and drove to the venue where the meeting, and probably the engagement, will happen. Anika looked nervous on the way while Jeril is just wasn’t feeling the mood, but she still managed to comfort her. She imagines if this will happen at the actual engagement.

“Am I nervous because of the engagement or that fact that I won’t see you again?”

“What do you mean? You’ll see me again, once this is all done. I’ll wait…”

“Thanks for everything this past few days. You’re the best.”

“Ofcourse I am, you can tell Ked unnie about it.”

“You just want to brag at her, right?”

“Now that you mentioned it, yeah. And you know, I actually miss her.” both of them shared a laugh. “I guess she does have a spot in my heart. Oh, but don’t tell her about it, though.”

“You’re such a tsundere.”

“Well, so are you…”

Their moment was interrupted once more as the car stopped. This is itboth of them said inside their head. Jeril forced a smile as she offered her hand to Anika and they got down the car together. The dancer opened the umbrella and shield both of them from the falling snow.

Jeril walk Anika to the building but stopped when they reached the door. After the meeting, Christian will probably ask Anika to marry her virtually so she’ll have to move in with him and start the actual marriage show, so Jeril won’t be able to visit her anymore. This is goodbye…

“I’ll see you soon?”

“Take care.”

Anika hugged Jeril tightly before letting go and giving her one last smile. The dancer smiled back as she watch her bestfriend turn around and walked inside until she disappeared out of her sight. Once she’s gone, Jeril let out a deep sigh and closed her umbrella. She turn around and walked, not minding the coldness of the air as the snow continues falling down on her.

=========================================================================