Chapter 12 - Anika and Mr.What's-His-Name

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

Anika had been busy for the past few days, preparing for her appearance in We Got Married. And today, she’s finally going to meet her fake husband with the other 4D members. Erika and Lei were betting on who it’ll be while Jeril is still quiet, had been for the past few days.

“Are you okay?”

“No, this just doesn’t feel right.”

“Trust me, I know. But it’s just for show, Chase.”

“Yeah, maybe I’m just feeling overprotective. I’ll be handing you to a stranger.” Jeril’s dark eyes squinted, making her look scarier but Anika could only laugh fondly for her concern.

“In case you forgot, I’m older than you. I can take care of myself, don’t worry about me.”

“Even if you say that, I’ll still worry about you.” Jeril mumbled under her breath.

“I’ll miss you, unnie.” Lei interrupted, pouting cutely at the main vocalist. “We won’t have any delicious homecooked food without you around.” she whined, making Anika chuckle.

“Ked unnie knows how to cook.”

“Yeah, but she loves takeout more so…”

“Now that you’ve mentioned it…” Anika turned to their leader, who had her head down on the table, and softly patted her shoulder. Erika looked up. “Don’t eat only takeouts, okay?”

“I’ll try not to.”

“Erin Kail!”

“Okay, fine. I won’t.” Erika chuckled amusedly, finding it funny how the members started to use her real name nowadays. But they still call her Ked most of the time. “Jeril can cook too.”

“She’s a scientist in the kitchen.” Lei commented. “And I don’t mean that in a good way, all of her experiments always look weird…” she added with a deeper pout on her cute face…

“Yet edible.Jeril defended. “And I’m not experimenting anything, it’s just that everytime I cooked…it always turned out to be different than how it’s supposed to look.” she reasoned.

“Maybe because you look weird.”

“Don’t provoke me, Kim.”

“Fight me, Jeon--”

“Is it a bad time?” a deep male voice interrupted, causing all attention to turn towards the person and they saw that it was an idol they know. Christian Kang from the group, TRON.

“Are you…my partner?”

“Your future husband? Yeah.”

Anika chuckled, making him smile brightly, before she invited him to sit with them. Christian thanked her and took a seat then…it’s awkward. Luckily, he’s still smiling at her even though.

“Should we start getting to know each other?”

“I guess. We could play 20 questions?”

“Alright. Ladies first, Ms. Choi.”

“Such a gentleman.” Anika teased. And with that, they started playing 20 questions with Lei and Erika interrupting to add their own questions and Christian doesn’t seems to mind it.

“So, did I pass?” Christian teasingly asked and they showed different reactions. Lei nodded her head, Anika chuckled, while Erika just shrugged her shoulder with a playful smirk. Jeril didn’t participated in the 20 questions bit Christian still looked at her for her own answer.

“No good-looking person is loyal.” Erika’s eyes widened in surprised, she said that before. It was her motto. She’s shocked that Jeril remembered. “But since it’s for show, go ahead. But just so you know, I’m going to hurt you if Anika ever feel any pain from you. Understand?”

“Totally.” he still had a bright smile in his face, but Lei and Erika saw him shuddered at her threat. Jeon Jeril Chase is not someone to mess with, especially if it’s overprotective Chase.

“Good. Now, I guess it’s time for the filming to start. We’ll leave you two alone.” Jeril said and they stood up. Today is the start of episode one and the crew are now coming inside.

“Have fun, we’ll see you soon.”

“Bye, Anika unnie! Nice meeting you, Christian oppa!”

With that, the rest of 4D walked out. Before leaving, they watched how Anika and Christian are doing. Well, they look great together, smiling and laughing as they talk with each other.

“Are you okay?”

“Why wouldn’t I be, idiot?”

“I’m just worried, stop being mean!”

“I’m always mean, what are you talking about?”

“Alright, enough!” Lei interrupted. “Geez, can you two last a day without fighting?” both rappers immediately shook their head no. “Then, try to. I’m not going to scold you everyday until Anika unnie comes back to the dorm, I’ll grow older fast if I would. Be mature, okay?”

“I’m mature, it’s Jeril--”

“Unnie…” Erika sighed and nodded.

“Whipped.” Jeril mumbled under her breath.

“I’m going to kill you!” their leader was about to jump on the dancer’s back when their van pulled up and their manager gestured them to come in. “This is far from over, Jeon. We’ll talk later.” she said before riding the front seat of the car and the maknaes also entered.

Jeril glance one last look at the inside of the coffee shop and smiled when she saw Anika is, atleast, having fun even though she was forced in this. She hopes it won’t be too long before she could see the girl again, she’ll miss her surely. She became used to having her around…

“Cheer up, she’ll be home soon.”

“Yeah. Thanks, Lei.”

“WHAT THE FUGDE?!” Erika exclaimed from the front seat. “How come you’re soft with Lei if she’s concern? But if I’m concerned, you’re making it sounds like I have ulterior motives.”

“Stop whining, big baby.”

“LEI IS THE BABY!”

“She’s mature…unlike you.” Jeril smirked. And with that, Erika jumped from the front seat to the back just to strangle the main dancer. Lei could only shook her head at their childishness.

But deep inside her knows that the rapperline is closer than they seems. They always run to each other if they need advice and right now, their fighting seems to be a way of cheering Jeril up. Based on the soft smile in Erika’s face, Lei’s suspicion is right. Definitely a love-hate.

=========================================================================

 

Christian Kang

The ace of TRON. He’s the main vocalist, lead dancer, visual, and face of the group. He’s a perfect ideal type, good at everything. He loves martial arts, taekwondo is his favorite. He can speak Chinese, and he’s one year and fifteen days older than Anika.