Chapter 16 - Need You Now

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

[4D House…October 4, 2030]

Jeril is staring at the photo frame on her study table, a picture of her and Anika at New York. She miss her. The last time they saw each other was during Christian’s engagement proposal. After that…there’s nothing. No phone calls, no text message, no contact at all. Anika’s busy…

“Why are you being so needy? You’re a Jeon, damn it!”

“If you’re keeping a badass reputation, you should stop talking to yourself.”

Jeril turned around and rolled her eyes at their leader. Erika just chuckled before coming inside the room with Lei and closed the door before approaching the lonely main dancer.

“We’re literally outside if you need someone to talk to, unnie.”

“I don’t need someone to talk to, I’m fine.”

“You’re not. L, take a pic.”

Lei raised her camera and took a picture of Jeril then showed it to Erika, who nodded her head in acknowledgement before passing it to Jeril, who shook her head at their antics.

“Just because I’m sad doesn’t mean I want to talk.”

“But talking to someone lessen the pain in your heart, you told me that.”

“I appreaciate the concern, Lei. Seriously, I do. But…” Jeril glanced at Erika. “…I think I’ll talk about this when we’re all together again. This is kind of a ‘black coffee’ serious problem.”

“Just when I thought Ked unnie is weird, you’re reminding me that you are too.”

“Actually, everyone in 4D is weird. That’s why our group name is 4D.”

“Back with the dad jokes again, Erin Kail Danielle sshi?”

“There’s no need to call my whole name.”

“See? You should always talk to us, we can make you laugh.” Lei insisted with her bright grin. “You shouldn’t be hiding in your room, it’ll only make you depress, understood?”

“Ked is the appa, and now you’re the eomma?” Jeril said with a teasing smirk. “But anyway, I’m seriously fine. You don’t need to worry about me, I’m just missing a friend…that’s all.”

Erika and Lei nodded their head in defeat and walked out of Jeril’s room. Once they’re gone, she took out the ice cream she hid under table and started eating it while gazing out at the window with a pout in her face. If someone says Jeril is pouting, she’ll deny it till the end.

--

“You think she’ll isolate herself again?”

“Let’s just give her some time…”

They continued watching the movie and had fallen asleep before it ends. They woke up and looked around, deciding to check up on Jeril because it’s already night. But when they open the door to the dancer’s room, they didn’t find Jeon Jeril Chase around. Just a note saying…

 

Lei’s right, I shouldn’t just hide in my room. I’ll be out for awhile…actually, a few days I guess. There’s someone I need to talk to. Don’t look for me, I’ll be back in one whole. See ya.  -JC.

 

“Uhm…you did say to give her some time.”

“I said time…not days. Where the hell is she going?!”

--

Jeril took a deep breath before knocking on the door. There wasn’t any noises on the other side so she knocked again. She opened her phone and texted him to inform she’s outside. A few more minutes later, the door finally opened and he greeted her with an irritated look.

“I was sleeping, what are you doing here?”

“I need to talk to you, let me in.”

“My house is a mess.”

“You think I care?” she pushed past him and enter the apartment, which actually is clean, making her roll her eyes at him. “Just say that you still hate me and go.” she mumbled.

“You know I don’t hate you.”

“Yeah, whatever.”

“Why’d you come here, Jeril?” he asked directly as he sat on the couch, motioning for Jeril to sat on the other one and she complied. “What do you want to talk about? Is it the clan?”

“No, it’s about your ex.” Jeril answered straightly. “I think I’m inlove with her.”

“And you’re telling me this because…I’m your brother or because it’s my ex-girlfriend?”

“I’m telling you because I need your advise, you dated her.” Jeril let out a sigh. “I’m missing her and I don’t know what to do. Should I go visit her or should I just continue to wait?”

“Anika likes simple things, dear sister.”

“Yeah, I know about that already. That’s not what I asked--”

“A simple gestures is enough to warm her heart. You miss her, then go see her…”

“I…don’t know if I’m ready to confront her yet. That’s why I’m here, I’m staying for awhile.” before Ivan could say something, Jeril already ran to his room. “Sleep in the couch tonight!”

==========================================================================