Chapter 22 - Plan B

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

Christian walked back inside the meeting room and smiled apologetically at the staffs before he went back to his seat beside Anika, the vocalist looked at her curiously but he just smiled.

“So, I’ve decided to end the show after 5 more episodes. It’s almost been a month now.”

“Uhm, director.” Christian raised his hand. “Can we film all of those episodes in two days?”

“Why the rush?” the director chuckled. “I guess we could do it in a day and a half if you want to. Is TRON having a comeback this month?” Chrisitan shook his head with a laugh.

“It’s not for TRON.” he said. “But I need this week to be vacant for something else.”

“I see. I could work with that.” the director nodded. “Is it okay, Ms. Choi?” Anika nodded.

“Okay, then. Meeting is adjourned. We’ll film as soon as possible for the final episodes.” the producer said and all the staffs leave one by one, leaving Christian and Anika alone.

“Why the rush, Chris? Just earlier you told me to wait, now you want it to end sooner.”

“Sorry, there’s a change of plan. I’m only following what I’ve been told to do.”

“From your management?” Christian laugh and stared to walk out.

“Enough questions, we need to go.” he said playfully. “I had fun with you these couple of weeks, you’re a good wife material. I think you two will be a great match.” he mumbled.

“With who?”

“Not telling you, come on!”

Anika just rolled her eyes and playfully pushed Christian out of the room as they walk back to the filming site together. She’s glad that they’ll end the show soon, she can’t wait to see Jeril.

--

After the filming had ended, the staffs were supposed to have a farewell party but Anika didn’t bother to attend. She packed her staffs and headed back to their house immediately.

“I’m home--” when she opened the door, the scene in the living surprised her. “What the--”

“It’s not what you think!”

“We were playing and I tripped, okay?”

“Oh…kay.” Anika glanced suspiciously as Erika and Lei stood up hastily. “Whatever. Anyways, I’m home. The filming already ended so I’m back home again, but we need to find Chase.”

“Alright.”

“I’m serious.”

“I know you are…”

“So…we need to go now.”

“Oh, you mean right now, right now.” Anika nodded and Lei immediately grab the hoodie on the couch and throw it on Erika, who was only wearing a tank top, which is normal at home.

The leader grabbed her car keys and they headed out. Instead of driving around, Anika was confused why Erika just kept on driving without saying the destination. Lei is on her phone.

“Do you know where to find her?”

“I have a guess…I guess?”

“You serious?”

“Yep.”

And that was it, Erika didn’t said another word and Anika just let it be. She just went to try and contact Jeril, sending her a thread of messages and leaving her a couple of voicemails.

After a few more minutes, the car finally pulled over and when Anika looked up, she was surprised to see that they were in Sae Young Dormitories. Erika parked the car and looked at Anika through the rear view mirror, giving her a nod as a sign for her to get off the car.

“I think you already know where to find her.”

“So, you’re telling me…she’s been here the whole time?”

“She didn’t want you to know, so we didn’t said anything about it.”

“That’s comforting to hear.” Anika sarcastically mumble as she got down the car. “Are you just going to wait here?” the two looked at each other and shrugged. “Okay, you decide.”

With that, she headed inside and walked past the 4D’s old dorm, and headed to the rooftop. Before she opened it, she took a deep breath. You can do this, this is what she felt before too.

Letting out a long exhale, she finally opened the door and found who she’s looking for. Jeril is laying down on the ground with her eyes closed and headphones on her ears. Anika walked towards her and gently tap her arm. The younger girl opened her eyes and looked at her…

“Hey…we need to talk.”

=========================================================================