Chapter 36 - A Big Decision

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

 

3rd Person’s POV

[Choi Entertainment…December 21, 2030]

Even though the confrontation between Lei and Erika already happened, it didn’t really have any effect on Dana’s side. The DanLei moments continued even with the members knowing about Paprika’s relationship, and they really couldn’t blame Dana cause she doesn’t know.

“So, King’s Raid is definitely the one I wanted to recommend to you.” Dana says as she goes to Google Play and searched for the game she kept on talking about and showed it to Lei.

“Wow, it does look like a good game.” Lei commented, seeing the teaser of the game with a song from a KPOP girlgroup. [Stream Dreamcatcher’s Deja Vu! I mean, they are 4D, right? :D]

“It’s the best! Seriously, you won’t regret it.”

“That sounds great, I’ll give it a try.”

The two of them continued to talk about games and more things they have in common, and Erika could just watch there in silence. It’s not like she can go ahead and steal Lei away, right?

And Erika knows that it’s her fault, anyways. She’s a coward. She had always knew that Lei is worth the risk, but she couldn’t force herself to take a leap, always afraid of consequences…

“Ked unnie!” Anika’s voice broke her train of thoughts, and she stared at the girl confusedly. “Your phone’s been ringing for awhile now.” and that’s when she finally felt the vibration.

Erika pulled her phone from her pocket and was surprised to see that it’s her mother calling. She answered the call after putting her earphones on, in case this is a business call for her.

“Mom?”

(Hello, dear.)

“Uhm, what’s up?”

(Nothing much. It’s just that your father and I are in South Korea right now and we wanted to know if you’re not too busy, so maybe you could have dinner with us while we’re here.)

“O-Oh…well…” Erika was a bit taken aback, she’s still not used to having her parents around for her. “Yeah, sure. That sounds great. Just tell me when and where, I’ll be there.” she said.

(Alright. We’ll text you.)

“Yeah, okay…Is that all you have to say?”

(We also wanted to know how you are so…we’ll see you soon.)

“Looking forward to it, mom.” she says with a chuckle before the call disconnected and the members looked at her curiously. “My parents are here and they wanted to have dinner.”

“Seriously?”

“Yes, Jeril, seriously.”

“Wow, that’s a big progress.”

“I know. It’s weird but…I feel happy.”

“I’m glad.” Lei smiles that heartfluttering smile of hers and Erika’s heart skip a beat. “After years of neglecting you, they deserve to repay it now.” and you deserve the world, my love.

“Thanks, L.”

“You’re welcome.”

Now that Jeril and Anika knows their relationship, it was actually pretty obvious… They look at each other differently since they had returned from New York. How didn’t they noticed it?

--

Erika came early at the restaurant where she’s meeting her parents. She’s wearing a black longsleeves, blue jeans, holding a jacket together with her bag with a black cap on her head. (Picture for reference to see how hot she is :P)

She’s nervous for some reason, probably because of the thing that she had decided upon coming here. On the way, she had thought about things with her parents and with Lei. And after the forty-five minutes drive, she had decided to finally have these two cross path now.

So, today, she’s going to have dinner with her parents to tell them about her relationship with Lei. She knows that the girl should be here, but she had another thing prepared for her.

“Erika.” she looks to her side and saw her parents approaching the table she’s sitting at.

“Hey, mom.” she smiles. “Hey, dad.” she stood up to hug them both.

“Did you wait long?” her father asked in concern.

“Not really. It wasn’t too long.”

“You’re nervous.”

“Y-You could see that?” her father smirks, a replica of hers, before nodding his head proudly. Erika lets out a chuckle. “Well, there is something I want to say…but I’m gonna need wine.”

The couple is confused about their daughter’s behavior but let it go for now, they’re going to learn about what’s been making Erika nervous anyway. So, the wine arrives along with their dinner and they started to eat while catching up about Erika’s life. Until they got to the last.

“Are you seeing anyone?” her father asked, out of curiosity.

“That’s…actually what I want to tell you.” Erika admitted, gulping down a glass of wine.

“Well, out with it then.” her mother gently says. “I’m curious who’s the person that got your heart.” Erika is still not used being like this with her parents, so she got more nervous.

“Uhm…it’s Lei.” there’s a pause as they process what she said but she continued. “We’ve been dating for four months now. I-I’m not asking you to support us, I just want you to know that I love her and we’re together and the whole world will know about us soon.”

“Isn’t that a big decision, Erin?”

“She’s…” Erika chuckles. “…the risk I’m willing to take…”

“Then…” her father interrupt. “…we fully support you. If she makes you happy.”

“Seriously?” her mother glances at her father before she nods her head in agreement. “OH MY GOD! THANK YOU!” Erika jumps from her seat and rush over to hug both of her parents.

==========================================================================