Chapter 46 - A Little Inconvenience

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

(I love you too. Take care, alright?)

“I will, and you too.”

The door of her room opens and Mrs. Choi went inside. She told her that they’re going to check out the case files in the library and Anika answered that she would follow after her.

“I have to go now, case investigation and all.” she said with a sigh, she didn’t really want to leave Jeril. And she could feel something’s up. “Is there anything else you want to tell me?”

(No.) Jeril lied to her. (Just call me when you’re free, and tell me when you’ll come home.)

“Yes, I’ll call you once I’m done. Pick me up at the airport when I’m back, okay?”

(Ofcourse, I promise.) with that, the call ended. Anika let out a sigh once more as she ran her hand through her hair. She thought it’s just a family reunion, then it turns to a case lawsuit.

All she wanted is to spend time with the Ramirez family cause she spends most of her time with the Choi in South Korea, but then their lawyer blood just ran in their veins and included Anika into one of their case. She just have to help them if they all trust in her lawyer genes.

But she really wants to get back to Jeril soon, she knows how long a lawsuit could be. It could even last a year. She hopes it’ll be over faster than she expects, though. This isn’t her thing…

“Anika! Halika na!” (Anika, come on!)

“Yeah, teka lang, ma.” (Yeah, just wait, mom.)

Anika ran out of her room and into the library just across the hall. Her mom and brother were already there, reading through some case files. She went towards them and starts…

“Your grandfather wants to see you in the courtroom, he said you should do the defense.”

“No, I couldn’t do that. I can help with the investigation, but not in the courtroom.”

“Come on, mom. Don’t force Anika, this isn’t her lifestyle.” Anika’s brother says, and Mrs. Choi nods in her head. “Salamat nalang sa tulong, bunso.” (Thanks for the help, little sis.)

“Ofcourse, kuya.” the three of them went back to the case files, enough to gather evidence and create a defense. Anika helped create the approach but let them to do the lawyer things.

When they’re done, it was enough for the first trial of the case. Anika would come with them to watch how it turns out, but she wouldn’t participate. Being a lawyer just isn’t in her skills.

After making the approach, the three of them ate dinner together with the family of Anika’s brothers. Anika played with her nephew as her mother and brother continues their research for more back up to their approach while her sister-in-law also went to finish her own works. She doesn’t have anything to do, anyways. She had helped her mom and washed the dishes.

“Tita, do you have a special someone?”

“Uhm, why’d you ask?” Anika questioned with a chuckle.

“Because you smile at your phone a lot. Papa says it’s a sign of being inlove.”

“You’re too young to be talked about love, Nico. I’m going to talk to your dad about that.” Anika laughs. “But since you asked, the answer is yes. I do have a special someone I love.”

“Can I meet him?”

“It’s…her.”

“Huh?” the kid genuinely looks confused and Anika doesn’t want to say anything about this kind of love yet, but she also wants to her nephew to know about Jeril. “It’s a girl po, tita?”

“Yes, Nicolai. It’s a girl.” Anika took a deep breath before she grabs her phone in the table and went to the gallery, opening a picture of Jeril. “This is her. The special someone I love.”

“She looks like a wolf po…”

“Yeah, well, she’s a gangster from Japan.”

“She’s from Japan? Wow, so cool. I love watching anime.”

“Really? I’ll take you there sometimes, then. Maybe you’ll meet her soon.”

“What’s her name, tita?” Anika smiles at her nephew’s interest in knowing her girlfriend.

“Chase.” she answers the kid, glancing back at Jeril’s picture. “Jeon Jeril Chase, my girlfriend.” she says softly but proudly. Her nephew smiles at her too, seeing the look on his aunt’s face.

“I hope I get to see her soon, she makes you so happy, tita.” Anika was surprised that even a seven years old could guess how much she loves Jeril. “You are so inlove with her po, right?”

“Right.” Anika nods her head with a chuckle. “I really love her…and ofcourse, you too.” she tackles the kids and starts tickling him, making Nicolai laughs as he rolls around the floor.

“Anika?” they both stopped when Nicolai’s mother came in view. “Is everything okay here?”

“We’re just having fun, ate.” Anika answered. “Where’s Kuya Inigo?”

“He’s still with your mother in the library…”

“Tapos na po ba kayo sa gawain niyo?” (Are you done with your works?) her sister-in-law nods. “Then, Nicolai, tita has to go now. I’ll check up with your papa, later naman ah.”

“Okay, tita.” Nicolai smiles at her before he ran towards his mother. “Tell Papa about Chase.”

“Oh, he already knows her.” Anika chuckles. “But I’ll talk to him about our trip to Japan.”

“Yey! Thank you po, tita!” he runs to Anika and hugs her before going back to his mom.

“Salamat sa pagbantay sakanya, Anika.” (Thanks for taking care of him.) his mom said.

“Anytime, ate.” with that, she waves goodbye to Nicolai and went up to her mother and brother while thinking what it would be if Jeril and her had a family and a child. “Soon…”

=======================================================================