Chapter 39 - Conference

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

 

3rd Person’s POV

Erika’s spontaneous VLive cause the Choi Entertainment’s PR team to have a field trip, the bad one. All media outlets seem to focus on the Kim’s heiress’ new relationship, creating more and more articles about Erika and Lei. So, Mr. Choi decided to hold a conference.

Even Anika and Jeril were there to finalize their relationship. The main hall they’re currently at are filled with reporters and paparazzi, hoping to get every little detail about the couples.

“When and where did you get together?”

“August 30, in New York City.”

“Who asked it?”

“I did.”

The questions were redirected at Anika and Jeril too and they did their best to answer the questions while the reporters wrote down at their notepad. Anything that goes out of line goes unanswered. Well, not really. If it goes out of line, Erika and Jeril’s glare are enough.

“Have you kissed?” glares.

“Are you guys sleeping together?” glares.

“U-Uhm, where did you go on your first date?” glares--wait...

“Our first date was in New York, I won’t go into details but…it was romantic.”

“Chase surprised me on our first date with the help from Ked unnie and Lei. It was very romantic, especially coming from her.” the crowd couldn’t help but laugh as Jeril pouts.

“I want to know how the PR reacted about Ked’s Serenading Ceremony.”

“They weren’t happy about it, but the Kim Company’s PR helped them out so it’s fine.”

“How about your parents? Or Lei’s parents?” one of the reporter interrupted. “How did they react when they found out about you two? Did they know before that ceremony?”

“Uhm, my parents didn’t. But her parents did.” Erika nods. “After the VLive, my parents called me and told me congratulations, they also told me to talk with them in person.”

“Are you going back to China for the mean time?”

“No, the comeback’s near so I can’t. They will come here.”

“Your parents are coming here?” Erika asks with panic in her voice.

“Don’t worry, babe, they love you.” Lei comforts. “Atleast, I think they do.” Erika pouts and Lei chuckles before pinching her cheeks. “I love you anyway, and that’s all that matters.”

The crowd can’t help but smile, finally seeing how Lei and Erika acts as a couple. It wasn’t much a change from their usual interaction with each other but now that they’re together, it definitely change the atmosphere in their conversation. It’s less friendly and more sweetly.

“So, Ked is meeting your parents. But are you ready to meet hers, Lei?”

“Well, she told me that her parents supports us so I don’t think I’m that nervous meet--”

Lei cut herself off when the door opened and Erika’s parents walked inside the conference hall. Erika’s eyes widened in surprise and so did everyone in the room. This is unexpected.

“What are you doing here, mom? Dad?”

“We came to watch the conference and to check up on you.”

“Yes, how are you doing?” her father asks, approaching their side, glancing at Lei with his usual smile that doesn’t really tell you what he’s thinking. “Lei, it’s good to see you again.”

“Good to see you again too, Mr. Kim.”

“You’re my child’s girlfriend, you can call me dad.”

“DAD!” Mr. Kim laughs at Erika and Mrs. Kim gently slaps his arm.

“Oh, too early for that? Well, anyway, you don’t need to be formal. You’re dating my daughter, there’s no need for that.” Lei nods her head in understanding and he smiles.

“By the way, Lei Min.” Mrs. Kim interrupts, taking Lei’s attention. “We saw your parents on the way up here. We were going to go in together but we wanted to give Erika a heads up.”

“Geez. Thanks, mom--” Erika was cut off too when the door opened again and this time, it was Lei’s parents that came in together with Mr. Choi and Mrs. Jeon. “A bit too late, though.”

“We tried.” her mom says sheepishly as she turns to greet the other parents, so did Mr. Kim.

“Lei.” Mr. Son looks at his daughter then to Erika. “Ked.” she smiled awkwardly at him.

“I-I didn’t know you’d be here in South Korea soon, dad. We just talked.”

“Your mom wants to see you soon so we left immediately.”

“I know you’re having a conference for now so we’ll be waiting at a restaurant near here. You and Erika should come after this.” Mrs. Son says then turns to Erika’s parents. “Let’s go.”

“We’ll be waiting for you two there.” Mrs. Kim said before they turned around and left.

The room finally seems to went back to their discussion after a few seconds of staying still. The reporters bombard them with questions regarding their parents but Erika is too tired to answer them. So, she just let Jeril and Anika took over for the mean time as she cools down.

“Is Mr. Choi supportive of your relationship regarding the fact that you’re groupmates?”

“Well, my dad actually ships us so I don’t see why being groupmates is a problem.”

“And my mom actually thinks it’s great, considering she can take care of me.”

==========================================================================