Chapter 18 - Inhale, Exhale

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

Jeril gently dragged Anika away from the park and into Erika’s car. Without a word, she opened the passenger seat for her and went to the driver’s seat once Anika got inside.

“Where are we going?”

“Somewhere private, I guess.”

The dancer drove and didn’t said another word to Anika. She turn on the radio to avoid the awkward silence surrounding them, with her being nervous and Anika being confused…

 

I look at her and have a smile as we go driving for a while

Her hair blowing in the open window of my car and…

 

Jeril turned the volume up, loving the song that’s playing, and continued to drive in silence. Anika didn’t bother insisting her and just listen to the song while looking out in the window.

 

And I’ve got all that I need right here in the passenger seat

Oh, and I can’t keep my eyes on the road, knowing that she’s inches from me

 

The song really describes Jeril’s feelings right now, and she couldn’t help but be more nervous. Just a few more minutes… she thought inside her head to comfort herself.

 

We stop to get something to drink,

my mind clouds and I can’t think, scared to death to say I love her…

 

Then a moon peeks from the clouds,

hear my heart that beats so loud try to tell her simply…

 

Jeril turned to face Anika at the start of the chorus, and saw that she was already staring back. She was flustered for a second, but Anika’s soft smile calmed her and she smiled back.

No matter what happens, I’ll confess to you today…

--

Erika and Lei were doing chores in their house when a news interrupted the drama show that they were watching. Their eyes widened seeing what…or who…was featured in the news.

 

‘The main dancer of 4D, Chase, found in the filming set of We Got Married. It was said that the filming was cancelled when the dancer appeared and take away their female lead, Anika.’

 

“Well…that’s…” Lei didn’t know what to say, and Erika just burst out in laughter.

“That idiot!” Erika called out with a smile. “She really is spontaneous, huh?”

“Uhm…Aren’t you worried she’ll get scolded or will affect the group?”

“Nah, I got her covered. She can do what she wants, I’ll take care of her mess.” Erika said with a fond chuckle. “I’m just glad that she’s finally making a move, it’s been far too long.”

The leader turned around and walked back to the kitchen, Lei stared at her back and softly smiled. Erika just showed how much she cared for her members rather than the group itself. She didn’t want the fame, fortune, or anything else. All she wants is her ‘family’ to be happy.

“I love you, Ked unnie!”

“I love you too!”

--

Lei and Erika weren’t the only one who heard the news, it was also featured in the radio. Jeril rolled her eyes while Anika is laughing beside her. Ofcourse, they’ll report it on the news…

“Dad is going to scold you for this…”

“Yeah, I know. And probably my mother too.”

“Well, it’s not like we’re going to elope and leave town…”

“You’ll never know…” Anika turned to face Jeril with an incredulous expression, making the latter laugh. “I’m kidding, Choi. We’re not going anywhere, just somewhere. Calm down.”

“Not that I don’t want to escape everything with you, it’s just that we’re not ready yet.”

“I’m not proposing to you, Anika…” not yet… “Like I said, calm down.”

“Just tell me where we’re going and why…”

“We’re going to a place where we’re alone so that I could tell you something important.” Jeril said as she took a turn and continued driving without glancing at the girl beside her.

“Wait a minute, this is the way to--”

“That’s right, I have duplicate keys made…”

Anika scoffed playfully and just sat in silence as Jeril continue to drive until they arrived at the destination they both have in mind. The dancer parked the car in the parking lot and went out first to open the door for her bestfriend, the girl thanked her and got out of the car.

“So, where to?”

“Sae Young Dormitories?”

The school is being repaired so Jeril couldn’t go in the rooftop. There’s a cafeteria in the dormitories so she opted to go there instead. There were only a few students, perfect!

They choose the seat in the side and stared at each other for a second before Anika chuckled and got her phone, knowing Jeril needs to have some time in gathering her thoughts to say.  Jeril also got her phone out and started asking help from someone...

That someone is Erika who can’t help but laugh at how Jeril is acting like this is some mission based on her texts.

 

 Childish Leader (Bro)

 

Send help, I’m about to confess.

We’re in Sae Young Dormitories, the cafeteria.

Hurry up, please. I can’t do this on my own, I need back up.

Stop reading this and just come here, don’t bother replying. COME ON!

 

Can’t do that, Jeon.

I’m busy here with L.

Do it on your own :P

 

Seriously? I thought we’re friends! Help me out here!

 

We’re not friends, we’re bros…

And as your bro, I’d rather not interfere…

 

Jeril let out a sigh and rolled her eyes, she should have expected that. She should have just texted Lei or Ivan. But then again, her brother won’t help too and Lei would stay with Erika.

Screw this! I’ll do it on my own! It’s just confessing, right? What could go wrong? Alright…

“Are you okay?”

“Hmm? Oh, yeah. I’m fine.”

“Do you think you’re ready to tell me?”

“I think I am.” Jeril nodded and Anika smile reassuringly at her. “Anika…” she started as she clasped her hands together to stop it from shaking. “I have something to confess to you…”

==========================================================================