Chapter 25 - Rehearsal

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

The girls are gathered infront of Tokyo Tower for the concert rehearsal. The place is already set up and a lot of people kept looking at them, wondering what they’re going to do. It’s only the rehearsal because the concert will start in November 4 but it’s a way of gathering fans.

“4 different person, 4 different character, 4D! Konnichiwa, we are 4D.” they introduce.

“Today we’re going to have our rehearsal for the open concert in November 4 in this exact same place. You don’t have to pay to watch us perform, it’s for free. Consider it as a gift.”

“And we’ll be giving give aways during the concert, so be here on November 4.”

“Once again, we’re 4D. Please continue to support us always, thank you.”

“And now, we’ll start our rehearsal but wouldn’t spoil anything.”

“That’s right. Even the members don’t know the complete setlist yet.” Erika smirked. “We’ll only show you some snippet of the performance. If you’re curious, then you should come.”

With that, the girls positioned themselves in the stage. Their latest song played on the speaker and the people passing stopped to watch the group perform their song ‘Really’

 

If you really, really love me, tell me…

…that you can’t go a day without me, really really

…that you want me so much that you obsess over me, really

 

If you really, really want me, tell me…

…that your eyes don’t wander for a second, really really

…that you’re different from other guys, really

 

They performed the first stanza and the chorus but the song was cut off before it could start in the second stanza, making the fans whine and the members laugh. It was on purpose…

“Like I said, we’ll only show snippets so…next song, please.” the fans were still whining but eventually stopped when the next song starts to play and focus on the group’s performance.

 

This garden is filled with blossoming loneliness

I lied myself to this sand castle filled with thorns…

 

What is your name? Do you even have a place to go?

Oh, could you tell me?

I saw you hiding in this garden…

 

The fans doesn’t know how the group can move from a funky song to a ballad in split second. Even their expressions were on point with the song, ‘The Truth Untold’, which is a sad song.

4D sang until the chorus before it changed to another. This time, it’s the vocal line’s turn to sing together, so Erika and Jeril went down as Lei and Anika sings Attention by Charlie Puth. After that, the rapperline exchanged with them and performed Finesse by Bruno Mars…

Two group performance followed after both songs were cut off after the chorus. Then, Erika and Anika’s duet, Jeril and Lei’s, then group performance again. Finally, it’s the main ship’s…

A lot of fans have already gathered and they cheered hard when Lei and Erika walked up the stage together. They glanced over Anika and Jeril, who’s standing a few feet apart from each other, before facing each other and sharing a playful smile as the instrumental starts to play.

 

Tell her a story, tell her the honest truth…

You treat her better, make sure to see it through…

Don’t be just everything she wants, be everything she needs…

When she says she loves you, tell her you love her too…

 

Erika subtly glanced at Anika, who was stealing a glance from Jeril, who’s acting nonchalant. But deep inside she knows what the song is trying to tell them both, they could relate to it…

 

Give her a reason, reason to love all you do…

She’ll tell you secrets, you’ll tell her secrets too…

She’ll tell you all her hopes and dreams, you’ll tell them too…

When she says she loves you, tell her you love her too…

Tell her you love her too…but don’t you…

 

Run away, run away, when you get tired…cause this will…

Slip away, slip away, and start a fire…that can never put out…

Oh, hurry, time is running out…but don’t you…

Run away, run away before you tell her…

You love her…

 

The song was cut off after that but the fans felt satisfied with the feelings that Erika and Lei poured out during the song, unknown to them, they were dedicating it for Anika and Jeril…

After Paprika is…ofcourse, Iriel…but they don’t know what they were going to sing, Erika didn’t mentioned it to them during their practicees because she reasoned that it doesn’t need a choreography, and they can just pull it out without needing to rehearse about it.

“So, what’s our song?”

“Oh, I think you’ll love what we chose.”

“Here you go.” Lei said as she handed the music sheets to both Anika and Jeril, who took their time in reading the lyrics of the song, while Erika and Lei waited for their reactions…

“Well, this is…definitely something else.”

“Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me.”

========================================================================