Chapter 35 - Better

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

Everyone is silent in the living room as Jeril and Anika seems to process what Erika had just told them. Lei is sitting beside her girlfriend, holding her hand in assurance that she got her. She doesn’t have to worry about anything because Lei will always be there for her, only her.

“I don’t get why you’re so worried when Lei is this inlove with you.”

“Because I want her just for myself, Jeon! You’re in a relationship, you understand it.”

“Well…yeah. I mean, who would want the love of their life to be with someone else? And I’m glad you told us now, I would have let Dana be with Lei if you still won’t make a move.”

“As if I’ll allow anyone other than me be with Lei.” Erika says, scoffing bitterly.

“And as if I’ll choose anyone other than Ked unnie to be with me.”

Erika blush and the two are genuinely suprise to see that look on their leader’s face. It’s a look of pure love. And maybe that’s why the two hide their relationship, to keep the new feeling of being inlove just among themselves for a short while before telling the world.

“So that’s the reason you two became close again?”

“Well, I guess in a way, it is the reason.”

“No, you are the reason.”

“Shut it, Kim.”

“But yeah, that’s how we mend our friendship and took it one level up into a relationship.” Erika says with a chuckle and Lei playfully punched her for the lame attempt at joking. “We didn’t told you nor anyone else about us because we wanted to wait. For the right time.”

“But haven’t you waited enough?”

“She will always be worth the wait, Anika unnie.”

“Well, I’m still upset that you hid this from us for FOUR months.” Anika sighs. “But I’m really happy that you two got together now. You deserve each other, congratulations.”

“Yeah, congratulations. I’ve always been on your side, right from the start, even though you two are annoyingly cute together. Annoying to look at, but cute. Perfect, actually.”

“Thanks, both of you.” Erika smiles with relief. “I’m glad you’re supporting us.”

“Yeah, we haven’t told anyone yet so it’s kind of nice to receive positiveness now.”

“Ofcourse. But now that you’ve admitted this to us, are you going to tell everyone too?”

There’s a pause as Erika and Lei shared a glance. A short pause felt like forever for them, though. There’s something wrong in there and the other two could feel it’s a bad thing.

“She’s not ready yet.” Lei smiles. “And I understand, I’m willing to wait. Because like I said, she’s worth the wait. Now, tomorrow, and forever, she will always be the only one for me.”

“I’m sorry, Lei.”

“Don’t be. It’s fine, trust me.”

“No, it’s not. You deserve better than this.”

“And you’re the best that I could have, Erin Kail Danielle.”

“Damn. You’re one lucky bastard, leader-nim.” Jeril punches Erika’s arm and they all laugh. But deep inside, Erika felt guilty. Lei deserves the best. She should do a lot more than this…

=========================================================================