Chapter 30 - Tell the Whole World

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

[Choi Entertainment Japan HQ…November 11, 2030]

Jeril taps her finger on the table as they wait for the videocall to connect, she’s obviously nervous. Anika is also nervous but she’s taking deep breaths to calm herself down. Seconds later, the call connected and Mr. Choi’s face comes in view. He looks confused but smiling.

(Hey, girls. Where’s Ked and Lei?) Mr. Choi asked, looking around the meeting room.

"Uhm, it’s just us.” Jeril says with a force smile. “We have something to say to you, Mr. C…”

(Oh, okay. What is it?) the two girls paused and Mr. Choi waited for them. (Is there anything wrong? Is Ked and Lei okay? Are you two okay? What’s wrong?) he asked them in concern.

“No, dad. It’s not anything bad, it’s actually…good. It’s something good, dad.” Anika stated.

(Well, then. Go on with it, don’t make me die in suspense.) Mr. Choi says with a chuckle.

“Okay, okay.” Anika took a deep breath, glanced at Jeril, before facing her dad. “Dad, I’m in a relationship.” she says, taking Jeril’s hand and intertwining it. “Jeril and I are together now.”

There’s a pause. Jeril and Anika held their breath while they wait for Mr. Choi to answer. It was only a few seconds pause but it felt like hours. Finally, Anika’s dad smiles at them softly.

(I know someday it’ll happen.) Mr. Choi chuckles. (Take care of my daughter, Jeril. I trust you, I’ve always trust you to take care of her. And now, it’s official, huh? I’m actually glad.)

“You’re not mad?”

(No. Like I said, I’m glad. Trust me.)

“Thank you, Mr. C. I’ll take care of her, swear.”

“There’s actually a favor we’re hoping you’ll consider, dad.”

(Uhm, sure. What is it?) Mr. Choi asks gently with the same soft smile. He really is happy for his daughter, and he would do anything if it’s for these two. He shipped them since day one.

“We’re having a VLive later for Ked unnie’s birthday and we wanted to tell the world about us, if that’s okay.” Jeril pause. “But it’s okay if we can’t tell anyone, though. I understand--”

(It’s okay, you don’t have to worry about it.) Mr. Choi chuckle again. (Tell the whole world.)

--

Lei lights up the candles on the cake and carried it towards the room Erika is occupying, where she’s doing the VLive recording alone. Jeril and Anika is waiting outside the room, both are holding party poppers. The managers are holding balloons, banner and foods.

“In 3…2…1…” Lei opened the door with the cake while Jeril and Anika pops the confetti as they enter the room. Erika turns around and smiled at them. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEADER!”

“Wow. Thank you, guys.” the leader says and with that, Erika’s birthday celebration starts.

The VLive lasted for an hour and they were going to turn it off in 15 minutes. But Erika felt that Jeril and Anika has something to say, call it ‘Leader Instinct’ but she knows these two.

“Is there anything you wanted to say, Iriel?” she gently asked with an encouraging smile.

“Nah, we don’t want to take the spotlight from you. It can wait, don’t worry.”

“I think I’d like it if you’ll say it with the four of us here right now.”

“Yeah, consider that as a birthday gift for Ked unnie…”

“Are you sure?” Erika chuckles and nodded. “Well, it’s a big news.” Anika glances at Jeril and the latter smiles encouragingly at her. With that, she nodded at her and took a deep breath. “So, we just wanted everyone to know that Jeril and I had been dating for a week now…”

“We confessed our feelings for each other after the Tokyo Concert and I asked her to be my girlfriend. We hope you continue to support us.” Jeril held Anika’s hand.”Even if you don’t, then just respect our relationship. Because what we have is real, it’s not going anywhere.”

The two girls smile at the couple. Erika is proud of Jeril and how she’s handling herself. This is the Jeon Jeril Chase they know: strong, proud, and doesn’t ever care what anybody else says.

“It’s love, guys.” Erika added with a soft smile. “You can’t do anything if they’re inlove.”

“And you can’t do anything when you’re inlove, anything else don’t matter.”

"Well said. Now, remember; at the end of the day, love is love…”

==========================================================================