Chapter 49 - Proposal pt.1

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

Erika opened the door of Sae Young Academy’s main building and they were immediately greeted by Mrs. Jeon. She smiles brightly at them before approaching Anika while Erika and Lei lets go of her and starts to walk away first. Anika is confused but Mrs. Jeon guided her.

“Where are we going?”

“Well, to see Jeril, ofcourse.”

“O-Oh, you’re taking me there…”

“Yes, because I have a lot to say to you.” Mrs. Jeon gently says as they slowly walk forward. “I never got to say this before but…I’m really glad you’re the one that Jeril ended up with.”

“I think your calm personality matches well with her reckless one.” Jeril’s mom chuckled. “I know you’ll be able to handle her and take care of her well. Please love her always, Anika.”

Before Anika could answer, Mrs. Jeon lets go of her hand and handed it to the person infront of her. When she looked up, she was surprised to see Mr. Jeon. Atleast, he doesn’t look scary.

“I’ll be taking over here, I guess.” he chuckles and Mrs. Jeon nodded, leaving the two of them alone. “I’m sure she gave you some emotional speech, so I’ll go straight to the point.” like always. “Come to me if ever Lj causes you trouble and I’ll knock some sense into her.”

“Uhm…what?”

“I know how stubborn she can be.”

“O-Oh…well…thank you, uncle.” Mr. Jeon smiles at her.

“Alright, then. I’ll be handing you to my son, I know about your history so I’ll be right behind you.” Anika looks forward and saw Ivan waiting at the staircase of the first floor.

“May I, dad?”

“I’m watching you, Lance.”

“Yes, sir.” Ivan shakes her head before gesturing for Anika to climb up and following after her while Mr. Jeon follows behind. “So…I just wanted to say thank you for staying by my sister’s side, she can be a headache. And even though we didn’t work out, I’m glad you’re happy.”

“That’s…actually mature of you.”

“Well, we all made mistakes. It might be late, but I’m sorry.”

“I’ve already forgiven you years ago, what happened with us is all in the past now. Don’t dwell on it.” Anika puts a comforting hand in his shoulder. “But thanks for your apology.”

Ivan smiles back at her before he turns around and nods at his father. Mr. Jeon smirks and pats Anika before the two of them walks ahead first. Anika knows someone’s coming soon.

“Hey, there, gorgeous.” Anika looks back at the speed of light and her eyes widened at seeing who’s infront of her. “It’s been a while since I last saw you, but you’re still beautiful.”

“Always with the flatter, Christian Kang.” Anika hugs him and he hugs back. After We Got Married, the two kept in touch until Christian went back to his hometown in Los Angeles after the disbandment of TRON and stayed there to take care of the Kang’s family business.

“I’ve missed you.” Christian chuckles. “And I’m glad I came back to see this moment.”

“Is this surprise really that important for you all to be here now?”

“Yes.” he answers with a smile…and that’s all.

“...no other context?”

“Nope.”

“So, are you going to give me some speeches too?” Christian laughs and shakes his head, surprising Anika once more. “Then…what are you doing here? Not that I don’t want to.”

“I’m just here to see you off. Your girlfriend can be romantic despite her scary looks.”

“So you’re just here to guide me through the corridor of Sae Young?”

“Yeah, there wasn’t enough people to do that.”

“There’s only 4 floors.”

“I know. Enough questions, Choi. Just walk with me and let’s catch up.” he said with a laugh and Anika just shrug as they continued to walk the second floor of the main building until they reached the staircase where Dana is waiting. “Here’s my stop, I’ll see you soon, okay?”

“Yeah, thanks for coming.”

“Always, Anika.”

With that, Christian left and Dana takes Anika up the stairs to the third floor. Anika tried to get information from their former manager, but Dana wouldn’t let a word slip from her.

“I can’t spoil the ending, you just have to wait and see it.”

As they reached the third floor, Anika was surprised once more at seeing her brother.

“Choi Alexander Inigo, what the hell are you doing here?” her brother laughs as she went to take Anika from Dana’s side and gently drags her away. “Seriously, kuya, why are you here?”

“Kasi hindi ko to kayang palampasin.” (Because I can’t let this one pass.) Inigo cryptically answers with a teasing smile. “This is a very important moment for you, I should be here.”

“Okay, I’m really curious about this now. Ano bang surprise na to?” (What is this surprise?)

“I’m ordered not to let a word about it out, you’ll have to wait till we get there.”

Anika groaned in frustration, making Inigo laugh again. But then he stops and stares at her with that soft brotherly look in his face that made Anika stops and stares confusedly at him.

“What is it?”

“I’m…just proud of you.”

“...huh? Why are you all being cryptic?”

“I just wanted to say that. I always wanted to.” Inigo says and then gently hands over her hand to the person infront, which is Mrs. Choi. “Alright, it’s your time to shine, mother.”

“Stop being childish, Alexander.” their mother chuckles and Inigo laughs before walking away. “Shall we, my dear daughter?” okay, this is weird. “It may be weird but we’re here for a reason.” damn, she read my mind. “I’m not reading your mind, you’re saying it out loud.”

“Damn it.” Mrs. Choi laughs as she guided her daughter forward. “I suppose you’re not going to tell me anything about the surprise either?” her mother nods her head. “Then, aren’t you going to tell me some emotional speech? Something that’ll make me cry?”

“I think your brother already said what I wanted to.” Mrs. Choi smiles softly. “I’m proud of you, Anika. For what you had been, what you are now, and what you will be in the future. I hope you always follow what your heart says and wouldn’t care about other’s opinion.”

“Was that a jab?”

“No, it’s a mother’s advice.”

“...thank you, mom. And I’m sorry…”

“Everything is in the past, let’s move on, dear.”

Anika smiles and looks forward to see her dad waiting for them at the stairs. He greets them both and offers her hand out to Anika. Mrs. Choi handed it to her husband and walks away.

“You’ll see her again.” Mr. Choi says as they starts to climb up. “So, did they make you cry?”

“Well…not really, but I’m getting emotional over their speech without knowing why.”

“I see. Well, you’ll know soon. Don’t worry about it. For now, let’s just move forward.” he says as they slowly walks the stairs. “You deserve this, Anika. This happiness…everything.”

“Not you too, dad.”

“I just wanted to say that.”

“I’m not going to cry today, okay?”

“Are you sure about that? Want to bet?”

“...Sure? I know I’m not going to cry, anyway.”

“You’ll be taking that back later.” Mr. Choi mumbles and stops when they reach the fourth floor and Lei is waiting for them. “I’ll see you again, sweetie. Enjoy Lei Min’s speech first.”

“Yeah, I’m gonna make you cry.”

“Not going to happen.”

“...I’ll try.”

Mr. Choi bids them both farewell and disappears. Lei smiles and takes Anika’s hand then the two of them starts walking across the main building’s fourth floor. Lei just kept on humming.

“I thought you’re going to have a speech.”

“Yeah, I’m just keeping my emotion inside. I can’t cry in the middle.”

“I thought you’ve graduated from being our crybaby maknae years ago, Lei?” Anika teases.

“I did. It’s just that…this is a very emotional time.” Lei chuckles and took a deep breath. “I was there. Throughout Sae Young, trainee days, debut, even with you got together, I was there.” she says with a smile. “And because of that, I got to witness the beautiful love story you two created. I always know someday that you’d reach your happy ending…with her.”

Something clicked inside of Anika’s mind at what Lei said. It was quite an implication and she thought that maybe…just maybe…that’s why they’re all here right now. My family and hers.

“Did L spill it?” Erika’s voice interrupted Anika’s train of thoughts.

“Ofcourse not!” Lei defended with a pout. “I just gave her a very encouraging speech.”

“Alright, then.” Erika chuckles and faces Anika. “I guess you’re ready? I’m not going to say anything because you’ve received a lot of messages and I think I just can’t say everything.”

“I…” Anika blurted out fast, surprising the two. “I’d like to hear your message, Ked unnie.”

“I would like to hear it too, babe.” Lei says with a teasing smile, making Erika sighs.

“Fine, if you say so.” she took a deep breath first. “Choi, you and Jeril are perfect together. I know you two are going to last forever…if not, until the end. What you have…is infinite. This love you have for each other will last infinity, so I don’t have any worries about it.”

“You’ll take care of her, and she’ll take care of you despite how rough she usually is. I know how much she loves you, and I know I can trust you to her. I also know how you love her, so I could confidently say that…” Erika smirks. “Okay. This is far too long, let’s just do this.”

Before Anika could say something, Erika takes her hand and gently pulls her up the stairs to the rooftop. The last staircase. The one that would lead her to Jeril. And when Erika opened the door, she still got surprised even though a part of her expected what this is all about…

“Hey, love.”

========================================================================