Chapter 48 - A Very Friendly Advice

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

It’s not that Anika doesn’t want to see Erika and Lei.

It’s just that she’s hoping to see Jeril first before anyone else once she come home.

But right now, the person she’s looking for isn’t even anywhere near them. She was hoping for a romantic reunion in the airport, but now she’s with the couple at Erika’s apartment…

“You two really don’t know where Jeril is?”

“Nope. And if we do know, do you really think we’d hide it from you?”

“Yes.” Anika answered quickly. “Remember that time I looked for her everywhere but she was only in Sae Young’s Academy--Wait, don’t tell me she’s there right now?” Erika laughs.

“Ofcourse not! What would she be doing there?” Erika says, shaking her head. “Anyways, just spend some time with us for now. You’ve been gone for too long. Aren’t I right, Lei?”

“Yep, you’re right.” Lei chuckles. “Come on, unnie. You’ll be spending your whole life with Jeril unnie, just spend this day with us.” Anika blushed at the implication but nods anyways.

“Fine, you convinced me.” Anika sighs. “But you’re sure she’s not there? It’s like Deja Vu.”

“We won’t lie to you for no reason, unnie. Just enjoy our time today, okay?”

“Okay.” Anika shakes her head and follows them to Erika’s office.

Erika had taken over her parent’s company after 4D disbanded. She has her own office in their building but also has one in their apartment. The office has all the things to remind her about 4D. Their costumes, their albums, even the posters and photocards are all around.

This is where Erika works most of the time because she doesn’t want to leave Lei alone, but then her fiancée had also start to work at a hospital. Lei had always wanted to be a doctor. So, she would go to the company after driving Lei to her workplace. They’re so domestic…

“This feels like a time capsule, where all of our things are treasured.”

“Yeah, that’s what I like about this place.” Erika smiles.

“I’m glad you kept most of our stuffs.”

“Ofcourse, 4D is…special.”

“Please don’t get sentimental right now, I’m gonna cry.” Lei teases. “We should be happy right now, we should celebrate. Come on, let’s go watch a movie in Erika’s laptop now.”

“Alright, alright.” Erika chuckles, getting her laptop on the drawer and hands it to Lei. “I’m just going to go get us some snacks, you two get comfortable at the couch.” she instructs.

Lei takes the laptop to the table and connects it to a speaker while Anika sits on the couch, feeling comfortable at its softness. Lei follows her and not too long, Erika gets back in. She’s carrying popcorns, chocolates, and ice cream, then sat beside Lei, who’s choosing a movie.

“Horror? Romance? Comedy?”

“Horror.”

“Romance.”

“Comedy, then.”

Lei plays a movie and sat back on the couch. She immediately lean on Erika’s side and the latter automatically wraps an arm around her shoulder. Anika felt like a third wheel now.

“I miss Chase.”

“She misses you too.”

“Did I do something wrong?” the two snaps their head at her and looks at her confusedly. “She didn’t reply to me and left me on voicemail. Is she mad I couldn’t get home early?”

“No, she’s not mad.”

“She’s just busy about something.”

“Right. And you’ll know about it soon enough.”

“Yep, but for now, let’s enjoy this movie and a few hours.”

Anika shrugs her shoulder and continue to watch the movie. It was a hilarious movie, but at the end, it got them tearing up. Pitch Perfect 3’s ending just always gets them, it’s about a team and singing, it reminded them of 4D. Lei and Anika starts tearing while Erika just smiles.

“Alright, that’s enough.” she chuckles. “We should be happy now, right? Let’s move on…”

“What are we going to do next?” Anika asks, wiping her tears with tissues.

“We’re going out. I need to show you something.”

“Let’s take a picture first.”

Lei ran out of the office to grab her digital camera in their room and went back in. She puts it in a tripod and starts a timer before running to the desk and posing for the picture. After that, she went to examine it and hums in approval seeing that it captures their memories.

“Alright, let’s go now.”

--

They headed out of the apartment and rode Erika’s car, which what they used when they pick up Anika in the airport, and headed to a familiar road. Anika totally know this road…

“We’re heading to Sae Young?”

“Yeah. I told you, I need to show you something.”

“Is this one of Chase’s surprises again? You told me she wasn’t there.”

“We did tell you but I also said that we don’t lie for no reason so…it’ll be great, swear.”

“Anything is great with Chase.” Anika mumbles. “But you could have told me earlier, I could have…maybe asked her mom how she is.” Erika just chuckles while Lei smiles sheepishly.

“Sorry. But you wouldn’t want this to be ruined.”

“Jeril unnie spent a lot of effort in this.”

“I know you would love it.” Erika’s voice suddenly sounds husky. “And I’m happy too that it had come down to this, you two had always been perfect despite being opposite with each other. But I guess that’s what compliments you two, an angel and a devil. Such love story.”

“I never say this often but…I’m glad you two ended up together. Not with Ivan, not with Christian.” Erika clears . “And I’m happier that I get to see all of this happen.”

“You’re being sentimental.”

“It’s fine, she has every right to be.”

“Yup, and now it’s Lei’s turn. Don’t cry, baby.”

“Right, yeah.” Lei took a deep breath and turn around, holding Anika’s hand. “Be happy with Jeril unnie, no matter how hard the challenges you have to face. Kept holding onto each other, you travelled a long and hard road to get where you are right now. Don’t waste it.”

“I know you wouldn’t because you love her so much, but you never know what would happen in this world.” Lei chuckles. “If it gets hard, lean on her and lean on us. Okay?”

“That sounds like a speech to someone going through pregnancy.”

“I’m divorcing you if you kept on teasing me, Erin.”

“But we’re not even married yet.”

“We’ll get there.” Erika chuckles as Lei smiles. “For now, we’ll witness this historical moment. What she said is right, I’m also glad I get to see your love story unfold…”

“Why are you guys being so emotional?”

“Because…” Lei stops. “We’re here, you’ll know soon.”

“That was just our advice, a very friendly advice for our dear eomma.”

Erika parked the car and opened the door for Anika. She held the girl’s hand and guided her inside with Lei following behind, holding her digital camera to capture every single moment.

===========================================================================