A Peek In Their Lives

How To Steal A First Kiss

[Flashback]

 

She got out just in time of a loud explosion. She looked back with her eyes widened in surprise. "No..." she whispered. "They're still inside... No!"

 

She ran towards the flaming building, but their leader stopped her. "Stop! We can no longer save them." he said. Tears fell from her eyes as she helplessly look at the fire before her. "Let me save him..."

"We can't. We can't risk losing you too."

"But..."

"This is an order!"

 

He shouted to assert his authority. He knew how much she wanted to save them, especially him. But it's too late now. Even if they survive, they will never be the same again. 

 

As she broke down, all she could do is let her cry on his shoulder. 

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

--

 

Sunnee was getting ready to sleep, when she heard a knock on the door. "Come in." she said. The door opened, and Lin Yi went inside her room. "I just wanted to check on you." he said worriedly. Sunnee let out a smile. "I'm OK. Don't worry about me." she told him. 

 

Lin Yi let out a sigh as he sat beside her. "I'm sorry, I wasn't there to protect you..." he said sincerely. "I would want you to help Wes and Brent instead of trying to protect me."

"But I promised you."

"We have a mission to carry on. It should come first."

 

Lin Yi looked at her for a long time, and then pulled her into a hug. "I want to protect you." he said. Then, he hugged her tighter. "I promised since we were young that I will protect you. I won't forgive myself if something happened to you." he told her.

 

Sunnee smiled as he patted his back. "Nothing happened to me, right? And you did your best to protect me. We're both safe, and our mission is a success. That's what matters." she told him. Lin Yi took a deep breath as he held her closer to him. "I can't bear to lose you, my panda. Because I love you..." he wanted to tell her. 

 

She broke their hug, and gave him a smile. "It's all right. Don't blame yourself. And, we should get some rest because we have a lot of things to do tomorrow, OK?" she said. Lin Yi smiled, and nodded her head. "Goodnight, my panda bear." he said. Then, he kissed him on her forehead. "Goodnight, my mighty eagle." she told him. 

 

--

 

Qin Yang and Wes walked through the cemetery. Both of them were  holding a bouquet of white lilies on his hand as they stopped at the tomb of Wes' biological parents. 

 

"Jack, Pauline, we're here...." Qin Yang said as they laid the flowers on their grave. They offered a small prayer for them for a while. 

 

"I can't believe it's been 10 years since they have been gone..." Wes said. "10 long years..." Qin Yang said. "10 years, and I have not gotten my justice." Wes said. He looked at him, and saw the anger in his face. Wes clenched his fist, trying to suppress his tears. 

 

"Justice will come your way, Wes. Believe it." Qin Yang said. "Until when will I search for my parents' murderer?" he asked. Qin Yang put his hand on his shoulder. He looked at him, and saw him smile. "As long as I am alive, we will not stop looking for who did this to your parents." he assured him. Wes just nodded his head. 

 

--

 

"Good morning!"

 

Sunnee greeted as she went to the dining room. She saw Lin Yi, Brent and Evan at the dining table. Wes and her father was missing. "Where's dad and Wes?" she asked as she sat down. "You know what day it is. It's the death anniversary of the original Red Dragon." Brent reminded her. Sunnee just nodded her head. 

 

"Wait, it's been 10 years since his parents got murdered, right?" Lin Yi asked. Brent nodded his head. "Until now, we still don't know why Red Dragon got killed. I also need answers, since before he died, Ge disappeared." Brent said. 

 

Sunnee looked at Brent, and saw the sad look in his face. She felt sorry for him, because she knew he longs to see his big brother once again. "Hey, I promised I will find him, right? I'm not called Eagle for nothing." Lin Yi said proudly. Brent looked up at him, and let out a smile. "I will help too!" Evan said. "I trust Evan and Lin Yi. If I have to help to find Jiro Ge, I will." Sunnee said. 

 

The moment Brent smiled, Sunnee felt at ease. It's rare to see Brent sad, and it's only the thought of his brother that makes him feel that way. 

 

"Good morning kiddos!"

 

Qin Yang greeted them. Sunnee smiled the moment she saw her father. "Daddy!" she said. She stood up, and ran up to him. Wes looked at them, and smiled. Sunnee may be tough when it comes to their mission, but when it comes to her dad, she's like a little girl. 

 

"Aiyo, Qing Er Mei Mei missed me?" Qin Yang . Sunnee let out a pout. "Because we're so busy an you're making us busy, I don't have time to spend with you." she said. Qin Yang let out a laugh, and hugged her again. "All right, all right. Let's eat. Who cooked the breakfast?" Qin Yan asked. "Lin Yi did!" Brent said. 

 

"Ah, finally something edible!" Wes said excitedly as he sat on his seat. Sunnee gave him a pout. "Are you saying my cooking is not edible?" Sunnee asked him in an annoyed tone. "No. But between your cooking and Xiong Ge's cooking, I'll still eat yours." Wes said. All of them laughed, except for Sunnee. She pouted as she hit his arm. 

 

Qin Yang let out a smile as he watched them. All of them were here by destiny, and by reasons. Sunnee is her real daughter, and since she was young, he had trained her to join the Red Dragons. Her desire to fight off criminals stemmed off from her being kidnapped when she was young. 

 

Lin Yi was the orphan kid who saved Sunnee from being kidnapped before. And since he took him in as a sign of gratitude, he joined Sunnee in the Red Dragons, and started training. 

 

Brent was the little brother of a former Red Dragon, Jiro. Since he was young, he looks up to his brother so much. He wanted to be as strong and as brave as he is. After a failed mission, causing his brother to disappear, he took the younger one in and trained him. 

 

Wes is the son of his partner in crime, Jack. His parents got murdered 10 years ago, and became an orphan. Since he is his godson, he took him in. Wanting to avenge his parents death, he trained him to be the strong leader thathe is right now. 

 

While everyone had their reasons, Evan is a different case. He is the son of two spies who are currently in a mission, and they asked Qin Yang to take care of him while they are gone. 

 

"I started the Red Dragons to fight of the criminals and investigate the cases the police can't handle. I started this group because we can no longer believe in the authority. And now, we're still continuing this to protect everyone..." Qin Yang thought. Then, he let out a smile. "Once they graduate from college, they will be free from this group. But I know their sense of justice will prevail. Seeing I've raised and trained them well, it makes me more contented." he thought. 

 

"Wes, look at my dad, he's smiling for no reason." Sunnee . Qin Yang let out a laugh. "I'm smiling because I'm proud of what you kids have become." he said. "Dad, should we start crying now?" Brent asked. Qin Yang let out a laugh. "No, but if you don't start eating, I'll finish all of these food." he said. 

 

The five looked at the plates, and saw it empty. They looked at Qin Yang's plate, and it's full of food. "Dad!" they all shouted. 

 

--

 

The Fearless Four entered the school gates, but as he saw a familiar figure walking towards the school, Wes paused. "Wes, what's wrong?" Sunnee asked him. Brent looked at the girl in front of them, he let out a smile. "Ah, I remember your favorite song. What's the title again? 'Silent Love'?" Brent . 

 

Wes glared at him as Lin Yi and Sunnee laughed. "Shut up." he said. He let out a sigh, and looked at her again. The girl looked back at him, and caught Wes staring at her. Wes saw her, and put his head down as he blushed. "Aiyo, Wes, you're turning red!" Sunnee said. "Wes, I didn't know you..."

 

Wes turned to them angrily. "Stop teasing me or I won't cook you dinner later." he told them. Then, he marched off away from them. "Love sure is in the air." Brent commented. Sunnee and Lin Yi nodded in agreement. 

 

-- 

 

Dylan leaned on his chair after he did his last paper work. It's early in the morning, and he felt like all of his energy has been drained out. He closed his eyes to rest it for a while.

 

Then, a memory flashed before him. He remembered the girl he met at the club. He can't forget her, especially her eyes. She had the most beautiful pair of eyes he had ever seen. And he remembered when she kissed him. 

 

They only met that night, but it felt like she stole something from him - his heart. He slowly opened his eyes, and a smile formed in his lips. "Will I ever see her again?" he thought. He wanted to smack himself in the head, because he wasn't able to catch her name or even ask for her number. Then, she let out a sigh. "I guess I won't see her again. Stupid Dylan..." he thought. 

 

Then, he heard a noise outside. He looked outside the office, and saw Sunnee and Lin Yi goofing around. He furrowed his brow as he looked at them. "This little troublemaker is here again..." he thought. He didn't know why, but he kept staring on Sunnee's face. Then, he looked at her eyes. "Why does it look familiar? Why does her eyes and that girl's eyes look the same. Ugh, it's going to be hard for me the forget about that girl!" he thought. 

 

--

 

Eunice entered the Sakura Council office, and as she got to her table, she noticed a red rose on it. "A rose?" she thought. She took it, and inhaled its scent. Then, she looked at Dylan, who seem to be lost in his thoughts.

 

"Dylan? Did you give me this rose?" she asked. Dylan looked at her, and shook his head. "Not me. Maybe Ian?" Dylan said. Eunice gave him a confused look. "Why would Ian give me a rose?" she thought. 

 

From the top of the building, Penguin sat by the edge with a binoculars on his hand. He was observing the Sakura council office, particularly the only girl of the council. Then, he let out a smile. "A rose, by any other name, is still a rose." he said. 

 

"So cheesy of our Penguin." he heard Lion say on the other line. "Shut up!" he said. Lion let out a laugh, now it's his chance to . "You know, we should be using the Imperial Guards uniform when we're on duty, and not for looking after the girl we like, right?" Lion said. Brent let out a pout. "I hate you!" he said, making Lion laugh again. 

 

Seeing that he made Eunice happy, it made Brent smile.