Third Mission: Protect The Princess - Part 14

How To Steal A First Kiss

"F-Flamingo?"

 

Brent said in disbelief as he looked at Hebe. Hebe look as if she had no idea what they are talking about. Brent knelt in front of her, and held her hand. "Hebe jie..."  he called her. Hebe became agitated. "I... I don't know who you are..." she said. 

 

Sean tapped Brent, and he looked back at his senior. "She doesn't remember anything." he said. "But..."

"I know you're going to ask about your brother, but at this point, she doesn't know anything about him."

"She is my last chance to know where my brother is."

"I understand. But now is not the right time, and Hebe is not the right person."

 

Brent lowered his head, dejected at what Sean said. "But there's still hope..." Sean said. Brent gave him a confused look. "If you're willing to wait for a while. I know you have a party to attend, but if you could wait..." Sean said. Brent nodded his head. "I can wait. I can wait until I find the answer to where my brother is." Brent said. Sean just nodded his head. 

 

--

 

"But, you're looking forward to this party, Brent!" Sunnee told Brent. He just announced to everyone that he will have to stay behind, and he will follow at a later time. "But I needed to wait for something." Brent said. Wes furrowed his brow as he looked at him. "What is it?" he asked. Brent took a deep breath as he looked at Wes. "An answer." 

 

Wes instantly knew what it was. He heard from Sean that Hebe came to their house, and that Chun and Calvin are on their way here to pick her up. "Then, I hope you get your answer. Don't worry, we'll look after Eunice." Wes said. "And we won't let any guy dance with her." Lin Yi said. All of them just let out a sigh. "Just finish what you have to finish, we'll wait for you at the party." Wes said. Brent just nodded his head. 

 

Brent sent off his brothers to the party, and shortly after, Qin Yang, Chun and Calvin came. "Where is Hebe?" Qin Yang asked. "She's resting at the guest room, dad." Brent said. "Wait, don't you have a party to attend, son?" Qin Yang asked. 

 

Brent then looked at the two men beside him. "But first, I have questions to Sabertooth and Viper..." Brent said. Chun and Calvin looked at each other. "About my brother, Chameleon..."

 

--

 

The party was about to start. 

 

Dylan was standing by the punch table as he looked at the people around him. "This is such a good party. Eunice's father invited a lot of VIP too..." he thought. He sipped his drink, and his eyes wandered to the entrance. There was nothing unusual, just guests coming in to the party. 

 

Then, he saw Wes, Lin Yi and Evan come inside the venue. "Weird, where is Brent and that panda bear?" he thought. Shortly after they went in, Sunnee followed them.

 

His eyes became locked on her. She was in her blue, sweetheart printed gown. Her hair had pearl hairclip on the side. Tonight, she wasn't the boyish Sunnee that she knew from school. Tonight, she's a beautiful lady attending this party. He found himself smiling as she watched her move. He felt his heart beating fast as she walks slowly towards him. 

 

As she looked at him and smiled, his heart began to pound against his chest. "Hello." Sunnee finally said. He was still in awe. His jaw dropped upon seeing her in front of him. "H-h-h-h-hi..." he said. "Do you know where Eunice is?" Sunnee asked. Dylan pointed behind her. "I-i-i-i-in h-h-h-her r-r-r-room..." Dylan said. 

 

Then, Evan joined them, pouting at him. "A-a-a-a-a-are y-y-y-y-you i-i-i-i-imitating m-m-m-me?" he stuttered. Dylan sweat dropped in embarrassment. "O-of course not!" he said in his defense. Evan let out a smile. "Just kidding. I don't really stutter. That's my cover. But don't tell anyone or I'll kill you." Evan said. Dylan sweat dropped again. "These guys are so weird..." he thought. 

 

"Hey, you guys are missing someone..." Dylan said. "Ah, yeah... Brent said he'll catch up. He had to attend to something." Evan said. "But he'll be here soon. Why? Do you miss him?" Sunnee . An angry tick formed in his head. "Panda bear..." he hissed. Then, she let out a laugh, and at that moment, he stopped being mad at her. He found himself smiling at her. 

 

"Ah, Dylan... you look like a pretty man!" Wes said as he joined the three. "Thanks. You look dapper yourself." Dylan said. Then, Wes looked at Sunnee and gave a playful smile. "Isn't our Sunnee so pretty today?" he asked. Dylan just smiled as she stared at Sunnee. "She's not pretty. She's beautiful. There's a difference. Pretty, means you look good outside. Beautiful means don't just look good outside, you radiate your grace from the inside." he answered. 

 

Sunnee furrowed his brow as she looked at him. "Why do I have a feeling someone already said what he said just now?" she thought. "Hey, be original. Someone already said that line." Wes scolded Dylan. Dylan let out a sigh. "All right. Sunnee looks wonderful tonight." he said. Evan and Wes looked at each other. "Isnt' that from a song?" Evan asked. Wes nodded her head. 

 

"All right, stop it. I know I look ridiculous right now, thank you very much. If you excuse me, I'll head over the desserts table." Sunnee said before leaving the three boys behind. Dylan could only watch her as she walked towards the desserts table. "Panda can't be away from her dearly beloved sweets." Wes said. Evan nodded in agreement. They looked at Dylan, and saw him smiling while blushing. "Aiya, our Sakura Council Head has a crush on our Panda Bear?" Wes . Dylan glared at him, and gave him an evil smile. "Should I give you two some demerits?" he asked. 

 

--

 

"Ah, panda bear!"

 

Addie said as she hugged Sunnee. Sunnee looked at her, and smiled. "Hello Addie!" she greeted her. "Ah, you're already eating the dessert, huh?" Addie commented. "Well, you know me. I love sweets the most." she said. Then, both of the girls giggled. "Then, let's empty the dessert table?" Addie asked. Sunnee nodded her head. 

 

As they were putting food on their plate, Yi Tian approached them. "Sunnee, you look pretty today..."  Yi Tian told her. Sunnee stopped what she was doing, and turned to face him. "Yi Tian..." she said in a low voice. Yi Tian let out a smile. "You've been avoiding me the past few days..." he said. 

 

Sunnee looked away from him, while Addie gave him a pout. "Is there something wrong, Sunnee? Are we OK?" Yi Tian asked. He reached for her hand, but before she could, Addie took her hand. "Ah, panda bear. I remember Eunice want to talk to you. Let's go and see her at her room, OK?" Addie told her. Sunnee just nodded her head. Without looking back at Yi Tian, Sunnee followed Addie's lead. Yi Tian could only watch as Sunnee leaves her. 

 

Then, he let out a smirk. "Don't worry, you'll beg for me soon. I'll make you mine tonight, little pink girl..." he thought. 

 

--

 

Eunice paced back and forth in her room, while Ian watched her. "Aiyo, Eunice. Stop worrying. We'll be able to find a new dance partner for Dylan, OK?" Ian said. "But I want this party to be perfect..." she said worriedly. "Eunice, you're party's already perfect as it is." Dylan assured her. "But you don't have a partner for the cotillion..."

"Then, I won't dance then." 

"But.. I don't want an incomplete people for the cotillion..."

 

Dylan and Ian looked at each other, and let out a sigh. Just then, Addie entered the room, pulling Sunnee with her. "Eunice! I think I found a solution for your problem." Addie announced. The three looked at them. "What do you mean?" Eunice asked her. "Panda bear can be Polar Bear's dance partner!" she said with a smile. 

 

Dylan gulped hard as heblushed. "S-S-Sunnee?" he asked. "Why not? I think she can dance." Addie said. Ian looked at Dylan. "Are you sure you want her to be her partner?" he asked. "Why not? Or are you going to be jealous?" Addie asked. The two of them glared at each other. "Aiyo... stop fighting..." Sunnee told them. "Yes, please... not on my party, guys." Eunice said. 

 

Then, Eunice turned to Sunnee, and held both of her hands. "Will you be Dylan's partner at the cotillion?" she asked. Sunnee looked at Dylan, but Dylan looked away, both of them were blushing. "I... I don't know the steps..." she said. "Hey, I've seen you dance before, and you can pick up dance steps real quick. Dylan will teach you the steps for the dance." Eunice encouraged her. 

 

Sunnee looked at her with hesitation, but Eunice and Addie gave her puppy eyes. "All right, all right. I'll do it." she finally gave in. Addie and Eunice looked at each other happily, and gave each other a high five. Then, Eunice turned to Dylan. "Dylan, I'lll leave it up to you, OK? Make sure to teach Sunnee all the steps." Eunice told him. Dylan just nodded his head, "We'll go out for a while to greet the steps. Dylan, don't forget to teach her!" Eunice said. Addie and Eunice went out of the room, pulling the reluctant Ian with them. Then, it was just the two of them inside the room. 

 

"So... I need to teach you the steps." Dylan said. Sunnee nodded her head. "Let's start practicing because the cotillion would start soon." Dylan told her. "OK. What should I do?" Sunnee asked. Dylan held her hand, and put on his shoulder. Then, he held her other hand while his other hand held her waist. "Just follow my lead." Dylan said. Sunnee nodded her head. 

 

The two of the started to dance, but Sunnee was too nervous around him that she ends up stepping on his foot. "Ouch!" Dylan flinched in pain. "Sorry... sorry..." she apologized. "It's OK, let's try again. One... two... three..."

 

With the whole practice, both of them end up stepping on each other's foot because they were jittery around each other. "Relax..." Dylan told her. "I'm sorry, I'm nervous..."

"Then, is there anything that can take away your nervousness?"

 

Sunnee paused to think for a while. "Maybe.... maybe  I'm still not used with you being this nice to me..." she said. Dylan looked at her for a long time, and then laughed. "What?" she asked. "Why would Eunice choose you to be my partner. You don't even know how to dance..." he commented. An angry tick formed on her head. "Why am I so unlucky to be your dance partner?" she said. "I'm the unfortunate one, because you keep stepping on my foot." he told her. 

 

Sunnee let out a pout, and then she stepped on his foot again, making him flinch again. "Stop stepping on my foot, Panda!" he told her. "I'll step on your ugly face if I have to!" she told him. "You don't dance well." he insulted her again. "Let's see about that!" Sunnee told her. Then, Dylan let out a smile as they started again. This time, their practice went well, and Sunnee was able to get the steps. 

 

"So, I should just be mean to you so that you won't be nervous around me?" Dylan asked as they danced. Sunnee pouted at him. "You're a meanie..." she told him. Dylan just left out laugh. Then, he let her go, and looked at his watch. "It's about time. Let's go out now. The cotillion will start anytime soon." he told her. Then, he held her hand as they went out of the room. 

 

--

 

Addie was waiting for the cotillion to start, and was sitting on the table together with Cammie, Evan, Wes and Lin Yi. "You're not scared of me anymore?" Wes asked Addie. "You look like a prince tonight, not a scary lion." Addie said. Wes just let out a laugh. "How about me, Addie?" Lin Yi asked. Addie rolled her eyes at him. "You still look like a ert." she said. Wes and Evan laughed, while Lin Yi pouted. 

 

Then, Addie started to look around. Cammie noticed this. "Are you looking for someone?" she asked her. "Oh... Sam said he'll be here too." she said. Cammie let out a smile. "Don't worry, he will be here soon." Cammie told her. Addie nodded her head. "Speaking of a cute devil..." Evan said, pointing behind Addie. 

 

Addie looked back, and saw Sam walking up to her. He was holding a long stemmed red rose as he smiled her way. He looked dashing in his suit, and Addie could only admire him. "Sorry for being late..." Sam said as he approached Addie. "Oh, it's OK..." Addie said as she blushed. Then, Sam handed her the rose. "For you, my beautiful princess..." Sam said. 

 

Addie's cheeks turned redder as the boys . She saw Cammie trying to silence the guys, but they can't stop teasing the two of them. "T-thank you..." she said to Sam. Then, he sat next to her as the cotillion began. 

 

There were ten pairs of dancers in the cotillion, including Eunice and Ian, and Dylan and Sunnee. "Whoa, I didn't know Panda will dance..." Wes commented. "Eunice just asked her a while ago to replace Dylan's partner." Addie said. "Who was supposed to be Dylan's partner?" Evan asked. "Me!" Addie said. Cammie, Wes, Lin Yi and Evan looked at each other, and then looked at Addie. "You backed out?!" the three asked. Addie nodded her head. Then, she looked at Sam as she held on to his arm. "I want to spend this night with my prince charming." she said, smiling at him. "Aww....." Cammie, Evan and Wes cooed. 

 

Lin Yi let out a sigh as he looked at Sunnee and Dylan as they danced. He felt hurt with what just happened, and he felt jealous. Cammie made a quick glance at him, and saw a flash of blue light at the corner of his eye. "What's happening to Lin Yi? Why is there a blue light in his eyes?" she thought. 

 

--

 

Yi Tian took a glass of punch, and held it as he approached Sunnee. "Sunnee.." he called. Sunnee paused, and looked at him. "Why are you avoiding me?" he asked sadly. Sunnee looked away from him. "Since I've been absent for days, you stopped hanging out with me. Did I do anything to make you upset?" he asked. 

 

Sunnee let out a sigh. "Yi Tian, I didn't know you had a girlfriend..." she said. Yi Tian gave her a confused look. "When you got back after your long absence, I saw you meet up with a girl by te school gates. I saw you kissing her." she explained. 

 

"Oh..." Yi Tian muttered. "Yi Tian, I like you. I thought you like me too, but I hate it when you lead me on, thinking you're still single. I don't want to be someone's side chick..." she said. "OK, I admit. I did have a girlfriend before. But I already broke up with her. You know why? Because I realized I like you more than I like her."

"But still..."

"Sunnee, please..."

 

Yi Tian held her hand as he pleaded. "Give me one more chance, please? This time, I won't lie to you anymore." he said. Sunnee just looked at him for a long time. "Please, Sunnee...." he pleaded.

 

--

 

"Ooops!'

 

Addie eclaimed as plate of cake slipped from his hand and fell on Dylan's shirt. "Qi Qi... I'm sorry..." she said. Dylan sighed as he tried to wipe it. "I knew this would happen, knowing how clumsy you are..." he said. Addie just gave him puppy eyes. 

 

"It's all right. Good thing I brought an extra shirt. I'll just change for a while, OK?" he said. Addie nodded her head. 

 

--

 

"I'm sorry, Yi Tian. Maybe, we can be just friends?" Sunnee asked. Yi Tian let out a sigh. "I understand. I'll accept whatever it is that you can give me, even if it's just friendship." he said. Then, he handed her the glass on his hand. "As a token of friendship, will you accept this drink?" he asked. 

 

Sunnee nodded her head. She took the drink, and gulped it down. As she drank it, Yi Tian let out a smirk. "Anytime now..." he said. Sunnee handed the glass back to Yi Tian, and smiled. "Thanks, Yi Tian." he said. Then, she left him alone. Yi Tian just watched her, eyeing her every movement. "I'll take her once she felt dizzy..." he thought. 

 

--

 

Dylan was back in the room, and just took off his shift. Just then, he heard the door behind him open. He looked back and saw Sunnee walking in, as if she was drunk. He immediately took his coat to cover himself. "P-Panda bear?" he asked. 

 

"Hello..." she said as she giggled uncontrollably. She walked towards him, while Dylan was still confused at what happened to her. "Hey, don't you know how to knock?" he asked. Sunnee then held him by his shoulder, and let out a smiled. For her look, it looks like she drank something that made her be in her drunken state. "P-panda... don't hurt me, OK?" he said. "I won't hurt you, polar bear... don't worry..." she said. 

 

Then, she put his arms around his neck. She stared into his eyes for a long time, and then she smiled at him. "Do you know, you look so handsome tonight..." she said. Dylan could only blush at what she said. "T-thanks..." he said nervously. He could feel his heart beating loudly as she gets closer to him. "You make me want to do something..." she said. Dylan gave her a confused look. "What?" he asked. Then, she let out a playful smile. "This." She pulled him towards her, and gave him a long kiss on the lips. Dylan, on the other hand, was shocked at what she did.