Second Mission: Twin Necklace Part 6

How To Steal A First Kiss

A/N: The second mission might take longer than the first mission, so apologies for now.

--

 

Cammie was walking home, when she felt that someone is following her. She looked behind her, and saw a van tailing her, She ignored it at first, but she felt something's wrong. 

 

As she was walking, her head began to ache. Then, flashes of memories came to her. She saw herself being taken by masked men, while Wes was desperately running to save her. 

 

"Zhan! Help me!"

"Qiu Yue! I'm going to save you!"

"Zhan!"

 

Then, she heard a gunshot in her head. She stopped walking, and looked back at the van. It opened, and the men in Mickey Mouse masks walked towards her. She clutched her bag, and began to run towards her apartment. As she was running, another flash of memory came to her. 

 

"Qiu Yue, you must remember to take care of the necklace."

"If you're in danger, find T-Rex. They'll be after you, after what you know."

 

She ran as fast as she could, with one thing in mind. "I have to protect the necklace!" she thought. She got inside her apartment, and to her room. There, she pulled out her drawer, and saw the Trouvaille necklace. 

 

"Isn't this is your most prized necklace?"

"Because you're the most precious person for me."

"I will never let go of this hand."

 

"I'm just a mission for you, right?"

"You're not just a mission. I love you."

 

She looked at it for moment with a sudden realization. "I... I am an Qiu Yue... I..."

 

She heard someone bang the door. She looked up, and saw the men in Mickey Mouse men standing before her. 

 

"Stop struggling, or I will kill him!"

"No!"

In her memory, she saw a man  aim his gun at Wes, who was desperately running after them. She pushed the hand of the man, and it fired, shooting her in the head. 

 

She looked at the Mickey Mouse gang in fear. "I won't let that happen again..." she thought. She clutched tightly onto her necklace, and once she saw an opening, she pushed the man, and ran away from her apartment. 

 

She ran and ran with memories flashing before her - her childhood, her teenage year, until that accident. She was too weak and her head was aching so bad, when she reached in front of the familiar door. "T-Rex..." she called in a weak voice. 

 

She pressed on the door bell and as the door opened, all of her energy was drained. Though the figure before her was blurry, she knew who it was. 

 

"Zhan...." 

 

Cammie called Wes in her weakest voice. Then, she closed her eyes before collapsing. Wes immediatel caught her, and let her lay on his arms. "Qiu Yue!" he said in a panicked voice. 

 

He was worried for her. He didn't know how she had remembered him, and why she ran to their house. "Qiu Yue!" he called again, shaking her. Then, she looked down on her hands, and saw another Trouvaille necklace. 

 

He took it from her hand, and looked at it. "She had another necklace?" he thought. Fearing for her safety, Wes carried her inside their house.  As he got her inside, the four saw him, and was surprised to see Cammie in his arms. 

 

"You... kidnapped her?" Brent asked. With that, Lin Yi hit his head. "What happened to her?" Sunnee asked worried. "I just saw her outside, then she fainted." Wes explained. "Oh, then take her to the guest room." Sunnee told him. 

 

Wes went upstairs, and settled Cammie inside the empty guest room. "Why would she run here? How does she know where we live?" Lin Yi asked. Wes just stared at Cammie. "I don't know. All I know is that she called me Zhan before she fainted." Wes said. 

 

Lin Yi and Sunnee looked at each other in surprise. "So, the memory-erasing pill..." Panda asked. "Must have lost it's effect." Wes said. Then, he turned to them. "Also, she got another Trouvaille necklace." Wes said, showing them the necklace Cammie was holding. 

 

Evan walked to him to look at the necklace. "This seems similar to the necklace you had, Wes." Evan said. Wes furrowed his brow as he looked at him. "What do you mean?" he asked. "The Trouvaille necklace released back then didn't have a combination. The necklace you had, and this necklace had a combination." Evan said. 

 

"Then, what's the passcode for that?" Brent asked. "I don't know..." Wes said. "The day you said you love me..." they heard Cammie say. They all looked at her as she sat up. "Cammie!" Wes said as he helped her. "The day you we got together... was the passcode...." Cammie said. 

 

Wes's eyes widened upon hearing that. "Qiu Yue?" he called. Cammie looked at him. "Zhan... they're after me now." she said. He could sense the fear in her voice. Wes put his arms around her, and let her rest on his shoulder. "So... when is it?" Evan asked. "May 20, 2013." Wes said. 

 

Evan turned the combination to 5, 2 and 0, and finally, the locket opened. "I wonder if it's the same for the other locket..." Panda asked. "It... It should be... 025" Cammie said. "Then, we have to check on this first. Wes, look after Qiu Yue first while we investigate the lockets." Evan said. Wes just nodded his head. 

 

--

 

Wes went back inside the guest room with  a glass of water in his hand. "Here, Qiu Yue. Drink water first." he said as he handed the glass to her. Cammie took the glass, and drank the water. 

 

"What happened?" he finally asked. Cammie took a deep breath before telling him what happened. "I was on my way back home, when I saw a van following me. I don't know why, but I kinda remembered what happened five years ago. So I rushed back to my apartment, but they still followed me." she said. 

 

"They followed you?" Wes asked. Cammie nodded her head. "I don't know why everything came back to me.  I was so scared that they'll try to kill me again, so when I got inside the apartment, the first thing I did was to get the necklace and the address of mom's friend, T-Rex. When I was about to go out of the apartment, those Mickey Mouse guys were looking for me. I ran all the way here, and they were shooting at me. Those gunshots and those masked men must have triggered my old memories. And here I am..." Cammie said. 

 

Wes feared for her life. He was scared of what could have happened to her. But he was glad that she's safe and sound in their home. "Don't worry, Qiu Yue. I promise to protect you from danger." he said. Cammie looked up at him. "Then... your mission before was... to protect me?" she asked. Wes nodded his head. 

 

Cammie lowered her head. "I'm sorry... I should have listened to you first. I should have not jumped into conclusion..." she said. "I know why you were mad. You thought I lied to you. But everything I showed to you before is real, including my feelings for you. It was only my name that I changed that time." Wes said. Cammie let out a sigh before speaking again. "I wonder... I wonder if all these years you still..."

 

Wes pulled her into a hug. Cammie was surprised at what he did, but she was happy. "I never stopped loving you." he told her. Then, he cupped her cheeks, and looked into her eyes. "But, if staying away from you would make you live. If forgetting me is all it takes for you to live happily, I'll do it. I can't risk your life. So... so I asked T-Rex to give you the memory-erasing pill so you can forget about me." he said. 

 

Cammie looked at him for a long time. "Wes..." she called. Wes looked at her, and saw her smiling. "I'm glad the pill never fully worked, and I got to remember you again."

 

--

 

Meanwhile in the laboratory. 

 

Evan began to open the necklaces. First, he opened the necklace that they Wes had. One it opened, they took a look inside the contents. 

 

"Isn't that supposed to play a music?" Sunnee asked him. "This seems to be a different Trouvaille necklace, or a Trouvaille necklace that has a specific purpose." Evan said. He opened the part where the picture is supposed to be, and saw a series of chemical equations and chemical symbols. 

 

Evan put it under his magnifying glass to look at it. "I know this formula... it's the one for WTD, except for one missing component, which  is in this necklace." he explained. "Then, the antidote should be there as well?" Brent asked. 

 

Evan shook his head. "It must be on the other necklace." he said. He began to open the necklace Cammie had. This time, there was no chemical formula - just a microchip. "That looks familiar..." Lin Yi said. 

 

He ran out for a while, and when he got back, he showed them the micro chip they got from Kun Da during their first mission. "What do you think is this?" Brent asked. "Must be a controlling chip. So they can trigger the super soldier anytime." Evan said. 

 

"But why would Cammie give Wes the necklace that contains the formula?" Sunnee asked. "Because Wes looks the safest that time." Lin Yi explained. "He was a newcomer. It would be easier to hide this with him. Unless Calla Lily told her daughter to give him the necklace to protect it." Lin Yi said. 

 

"Then, where is the antidote for the WTD?" Sunnee asked. The four of them just looked at each other. 

 

--

 

A disfigured man sat alone at the edge of the rooftop. He took a deep breath before he took out the Trouvaille necklace he had. He opened it, and stared at it for a long time. 

 

The picture was him 10 years ago with his younger brother. 

 

"Little brother..." he whispered. Then, he closed the locket, and looked at the mansion below him. "One day, we'll finally be together."