Third Mission: Protect The Princess - Part 4

How To Steal A First Kiss

A/N: I forgot to mention all goons here is wearing a face mask, so Sunnee was not able to recognize Hades here.

 

--

 

"..." Sunnee muttered under her breath as her mask came off. She blew her cover, and now Dylan knew she's a Red Dragon. "W-What are you doing here? This is dangerous!" Dylan scolded her. There was another gunshot, and Sunnee ducked down to protect herself and Dylan. "Are you a criminal?" Dylan asked. "Shut up, OK? This is not the right time to explain things!" she told him. 

 

They both stood up and ceased the opportunity to escape. "Lao Sun!" Dylan called his driver. He opened the door, and the old driver ducked and moved away from safety. "You should go." Dylan told him. "You two should go." Sunnee reiterated. "But young master..." the old driver hesitated. "Go now!" Dylan shouted at him.

 

The old man was able to run away before guns were fired at them again. Good thing Dylan and Sunnee was able to run and hide behind a wall. "You should go too. This is not a place for you." Sunnee told him. Dylan looked sternly at her. "And this is not a place for a girl like you." he told her. Guns were fired at their direction again, but good thing they were still in hiding. 

 

"Are we going to argue in a middle of a gun fight?!" Sunnee told him. "Yes. Unless you make me understand." he said. "Come out, little girl..." she heard the driver call her. "We're still going to play life and death!" he added, followed by a sinister laugh. "Who is that?" Dylan asked. "A bad guy." Sunnee said. 

 

She had no other choice. It's either she kill him or they get killed. 

 

--

 

Brent, Wes and Lin Yi were doing their best to fight off the goons and get the evidences they needed. However, the goons were too many and too strong for them to fight off by themselves. "We need back up!" Wes shouted through his earpiece as he fought off the goons. 

 

"I don't think I can last anymore in this fight..." Lin Yi said as he kicked the goon in front of him. Wes looked at Brent, and saw that he's holding up with the fight. "They beat me. Literally." Wes said, as he threw a punch at the guy in front of him. 

 

Brent managed to fought off the goons going after him. "I'm amazing, am I?" he said as he put down 10 of the goons. "Show off!" Lin Yi shouted at him. What he didn't know is that a goon was about attack him from behind. 

 

The goon hit his back, making him fall on the ground. Brent looked back, and saw the goon was about to shoot him with his gun. He shielded himself with his arm, but then, he noticed the goon fell on his knees. Behind him, a hooded man with a mask stood still in front of him. 

 

The hooded man helped Brent up. "Go and help your brothers." he told them. This made Brent confused. "Go!" he commanded him. Brent went to the other side where Lin Yi and Wes are, and helped them fight off the goons. The hooded man, on the other hand, fought off the goons who  wanted to attack Brent.

 

--

 

"I have no choice." 

 

Sunnee said as she pulled her sleeves, revealing her mini crossbow. "You have a weapon?!" Dylan exclaimed. "Stop blabbering or I'll hit you with my arrow!" she hissed at him. She took a mini arrow, and put it on her crossbow. She looked behind the wall to see how far the goon/driver is from them. Once he's almost near, she let out a smirk. "It's show time. In 3... 2..."

 

She got out of hiding, and aimed the arrow on the goon/driver to shoot him. She was able to shoot him, but he was still standing and walking up to her. "What?! You should be down now with the tranquilizer on my arrow!" she shouted at the goon/driver. "Those have no effects on me!" the driver shouted at her. Then, he let out another evil smile. "You're dead now, pink girl!" he said. 

 

Just as he was about to shoot Sunnee, Dylan came out, and kicked his hand, making him flinch and let go of the gun. Because of what he did, Sunnee was able to make her move against the goon. She kicked his shin, and then hit his head, making him finally fall on the ground unconscious. 

 

"I thought my tranquilizer arrows had no use for him." Sunnee said as she looked at his crossbow. "He's a big man. It will take time, but it did knock him down. I just hope it's not for good." he said. The two looked at each other, and laughed. 

 

"You should go. I need to help my brothers first." she said. "But you can't go. You're endangering yourself!" Dylan told her. Sunnee let out a sigh. "This is my job, and you wouldn't understand. Just go, all right?"

"Then, make me understand..."

"Dylan Xiong, we're in a middle of a fight right now, and I can't explain things to you."

"If only you start explaining, then -"

 

Their discussion was interrupted by another gun shot. Both of them looked back and saw the tall guy again aiming a gun at them. "I told you to leave." Sunnee said. "And let you get killed? No way!" Dylan told her. "We're both going to get killed if you won't listen to me!" she shouted at him. 

 

"Hey! Are you two going to fight me or..." the tall guy asked. "Shut up!" Both Dylan and Sunnee shouted at him. The tall guy sweat dropped at them. "Listen to me..." Dylan told her. "No, you listen to me, ugly stupid polar bear ice monster. If you love your life, you're going to run away here, and deal with us tomorrow. Now, if you want to get killed, the go ahead and follow me around like a stray dog." 

"Then, give me an explanation."

"I will give you an explanation tomorrow, ice monster!"

"You shouldn't be doing this because you're a girl and -"

"Just because I'm a girl, doesn't mean I can fight. I almost killed you because of a cookie, remember?!"

"That's not the same as this situation!"

"I can handle this myself, believe me."

"But this is a very dangerous situation! I won't let a Dong San student get hurt because of this."

"Why are you so annoying?"

"Why are you so hard headed?"

"Why don't you just listen to me?"

 

The tall guy could only watch them as the two of them argue. "Hey!" he shouted at the two. He aimed his gun upwards, and made another shot to get their attention. "Excuse me, I'm still here. I still need to kill the two of you." he said. The two glared at him again. "I said, shut up!" they both shouted angrily at him. 

 

--

 

Almost all the goons are down now. Brent, Lin Yi, Wes and the hooded man remains standing up after that fight. "Wow, we did that? Without Panda?" Wes said. "Where's Panda?" Lin Yi asked. "That's not important..." the hooded man said as he approached them. 

 

Lin Yi and Wes were on their guard as he approached them. "You need evidence against them, right? Unfortunately, you cannot arrest Johann Ver Deen since this is a decoy. He left earlier than expected." he said. "Who are you and what do you want?" Wes asked him. 

 

The hooded man handed Wes a USB, and some Micro SD cards. "Unfortunately, the transaction is successful and WTD is on their way somewhere. But these are evidences. One of the micro sd contains the video of the actual transaction. Others contains important materials and documents for this case. I leave it up to your hands." he said.

 

"Were you tailing this case from the start?" Lin Yi asked. "I know about this from the start and so I have them. I'm also the one who informed Chief Tang about this case." he said. "So you're on our side...." Brent said. He nodded his head. Then, he looked at Brent. "I've always been on your side...." he said. 

 

Brent was caught off guard at what he said. "It's all up to you. And you... you should always be careful." he said. Then, he left the three alone. "Who is he?" Lin Yi asked. "I don't know..." Wes said. Brent watched as the man leaves until he's out of sight.  "But why do I feel he's so familiar?" he said. 

 

--

 

"Will you stop fighting?!"

 

The tall guy finally shouted at Sunnee and Dylan. The two gave him a deadly glare this time, and he felt scared. "Will you stop interrupting us?!" Sunnee told him. "Can you see we're so busy arguing here?" Dylan said. 

 

"Well, I have no choice but to kill the two of you, right?" the tall guy said, aiming the gun at them. "I'll kill you first, little girl, then I'll kill your annoying boyfriend here." he said. "He's not my boyfriend!" Sunnee told him. "Who would want to be your boyfriend?" Dylan said, rolling his eyes at her. "I don't ing care if you two have a relationship or not. The point is, it's your last day today, so better say your last prayer." he said. 

 

"Says who?" Sunnee asked. The tall guy gave him a confused look. "Says me." he said. Sunnee folded her arms, and walked towards him, not afraid of the gun he's holding. "A guy like you is all talk, no work. You said you're going to kill me, and I'm still alive. Should I believe what you say?" she said. 

 

Dylan was getting nervous about Sunnee. He is scared the guy would do something bad to him. "Sunnee..." he called her. "I -" the guy said. The moment Sunnee got near him, she kicked his shin again, and held his hand which was holding the gun, She twisted his arm, making the gun fall from his grip.  The tall guy could only flinch in pain with what Sunnee is doing to him.

 

"Who's gonna get killed now, huh?" Sunnnee told him. Then, she punched him several times, until he fell unconscious. As she fought off the guy singlehandedly, Dylan felt so proud of her. "That's my girl!" Dylan cheered on her. Good thing, Sunnee was too busy beating up the guy that she was not able to hear it. 

 

Once she's done beating him up, she turned to Dylan. "I don't want to be beaten up next. Thank you very much." he said. 

 

--

 

Wes handed the evidences to Chief Tang the moment he and his men arrived. "We missed the transaction." he told him. Danson let out a sigh. "We didn't know they would do it earlier and this is a decoy. I'm sorry for getting you in trouble." he said. Wes shook his head. "This is our duty as Red Dragons. As long as you need our help, we'll be there to assist." he said. 

 

Danson let out a smile at him. "At least, finally, I'm able to meet you. I just thought it was still -"

"Primrose?"

"No. Sabertooth."

 

Wes gave him a confused look. "Sabertooth, Chameleon, Phoenix, Flamingo, Viper. The second generation Red Dragons. When I was a young officer, I remember working closely with them. Until that accident happened." Danson said. Wes furrowed his brows. "Accident?" he asked. Danson nodded his head. "A fire during their last mission killed Phoenix and Chameleon. I know, because it was my last case before I was sent to another town to be stationed. Since then, I never got to work with the Red Dragons again. But you are equally as good as them." Danson. 

 

"Thank you for the compliment, Chief Tang. It was great working with you as well." he said. Then, he looked at Brent, who was helping Sunnee with her injury. "I'm pretty sure wherever Phoenix and Chameleon are, they'll be proud of you. Of what you are doing. Those two had the most sense of justice among the five." Danson said. Wes let out a smile as he stared at Brent. "I hope they are..." he said. "I hope Chameleon is proud of his younger brother too..." he added in his thoughts. 

 

From afar, the hooded man watched the Red Dragons. His eyes locked on one of them - Brent. "Little brother..." he said as he clutched onto his pendant. Then, he let out a sad smile. "I'll always be beside you. And I'm so proud of you..." 

 

--

 

[Flashback]

 

The door was forcefully opened, revealing a man with a scar. He put his gun out, and aimed at the man before him. "Aaron..." Jack called. The scar-faced man just looked at him lifelessly. "You're alive? I thought you died at the fire?" he said. 

 

Aaron walked closer to his mentor. He locked the gun, ready to kill him anytime. "I died once. And now, it's your turn to die." he said lifelessly.He pulled the trigger, killing his mentor in front of him. 

 

Then, he turned to his wife, who was crying all these time. He showed no mercy as he pulled the trigger to kill him as well. As soon as his business is done, he left the crime scene.

 

What he didn't know is there is one survivor - Jack's only son, Wes. 

 

[End of Flashback]

 

--

 

"Good night!" Brent said wearily as he opened his room. He turned the lights on, and then plopped on his bed. "Such a tiring day..." he thought. Then, he turned to his night table, and saw a bar of chocolate on it. Curious, he took it, and realized it was the chocolate his brother always gives him before and after his mission. 

 

"Ge!" he shouted as he stood up and ran downstairs. He was hoping to find his brother, finally. But who he saw surprised him even more.

 

"Hello, Brent." the man said before him. Brent just looked at him for a long time. "You...."