Second Mission: Twin Necklace Part 2

How To Steal A First Kiss

The Imperial Guards gathered again at the conference room. "We have 10 students to guard." Lion told them. "Each of us need to look after two students." he explained. 

 

Lion wrote the names of the students on the board, and look at it for the moment. "Penguin, you look after Eunice and Sam. Eagle, you'll look after Dylan and Ao Juan. Stallion, you'll look after Ian and Teddy. Panda, you'll look after Hu Yi Tian and Winnie. I will look after Cammie and Emily." 

 

Stallion gave Lion a confused and annoyed look while he sweat dropped. "Why him?" he asked. Penguin patted his shoulder, and smiled at him. "I told you!" he said. Stallion glared at him. "You will not sleep tonight, I swear." he said.

 

"I got my cookie monster!" Panda said happily. Eagle folded his arms, and rolled his eyes at her. "It's not just him you'll have to look after to..." he said. Panda stuck out a tongue at him. "But, the list is weird. I don't think Cammie An is from a political or rich family. Why is she on the list?" Penguin asked. 

 

Eagle and Lion looked at each other. "I guess we have to  tell them everything." Eagle urged him. Lion gave him a hesitating look. "Do you guys know something we don't know?" Panda asked. Lion took a deep breath, and looked at Eagle again. Then, he nodded his head. 

 

"Back in second year high school, Eagle and I were assigned a critical mission, wherein we had to transfer schools..." Lion started. "Yes, I remember that. You two transferred all of a sudden!" Panda said. Lion nodded his head. "Our mission is to protect the scientist, Dr. Louis An, and his daughter, Qiu Yue. They were creating a pill that will help the soldiers be stronger." Eagle explained. 

 

"Ah, similar to the Super Soldier project?" Penguin asked. Lion nodded his head. "If the formula fell into the wrong hands, it can cause chaos. So, we had to protect them. And part of it is being undercover to look after Qiu Yue, the one who discovered the formula for both the drug and its antidote." Lion explained. 

 

"What does Qiu Yue had to do with Cammie?" Panda asked. Eagle looked at her, and smiled. "Just listen to Lion first, OK?" Eagle said. Panda nodded her head. "I was put in the same class as Qiu Yue. It made my job easier to look after her and protect her. Even if she is the smartest student in class, she is very popular with other students as well, because she was nice, kind and funny. She was the first to befriend me when I first came into our class." Lion explained. 

 

Then, he let out a sad smile as he remembered the pass. "I intentionally became close to her because of my mission. We became closest friends, best friends, until I found myself falling in love with her. T-Rex wanted me out of the mission, but I insisted. If there's someone who should protect Qiu Yue, it should be me. I'll give my life for her, if I could." Lion said. 

 

Then, he let out a sigh. "We got together, and she became my girlfriend. We were both happy and in love, until the day she found out about my real identity." Lion said. "Actually my fault. I had to talk to Lion about the update on our mission, because T-Rex wanted us to do something. We didn't know Qiu Yue was behind us at the hallway, and heard about it." Eagle continued the story. 

 

"She got mad at me and broke up with me. Shortly after we broke up, she was abducted by the same men that abducted Ao Juan. I tried to save her, but they ended up hurting her. They..."

 

Lion paused for a while as a tear fell from his eyes. "They shot her in the head." Eagle continued. There was a collective gasp in the room. "She was in comatose for a few days. When she woke up, she was given a medicine to forget about Wes, and what had happened. In order for her to continue living, she was given a  new identity. What we didn't know was that, the day Qiu Yue was abducted, her father was also abducted and got killed. Since then, Lion swore to stay away from Qiu Yue to not remind her of the past, and so that she will not be in danger anymore. Lion blames himself for not being able to save her." Eagle said. 

 

Panda looked sadly at Wes. "Then, Qiu Yue is... Cammie?" she asked. Eagle nodded her head. "We didn't know that she will also enroll in Dong San. Given her past, that she actually forgot, she is still a high profile student because she had the key to the formula of the Super Soldier pill and its antidote." Eagle said. 

 

"So, that's why the mighty Lion is like a kitty cat when he looks at that girl... it is full of love." Penguin said. "But, would it be all right for Lion to look after Cammie?" Panda asked. "I have to." Lion said. Then, he faced the four. "This time, I'll protect her with all my life." he told them. 

 

--

 

Sunnee was sitting alone on the living room, thinking about things. Seeing her in her deep thoughts, Lin Yi went to approach her. "What is my panda bear thinking of right now?" he asked he sat beside her. Sunnee looked at him. "I feel bad for Wes. Imagine, he had to sacrifice the girl he loves for a mission..." she said. "More like, he sacrifices his heart to make sure the girl he loves will still live." Lin Yi said. 

 

"But, if Wes knew who she is,, then why won't he approach her?" Sunnee asked him. "He made a promise, to never bother Cammie again as long as she lives. And he will hold on to that promise as long a he can keep her safe and sound." Lin Yi said. Sunnee let out a sigh as she leaned on her hands. 

 

"Is there really such a medicine that can help you forget your memories?" she asked again. "There is. Qiu Yue, or Cammie took one. And it worked."

"Is she the only one who took it?"

"I think there's another person before her. But it was during the experimental stage."

 

Sunnee gave him a confused look. "Who?" she asked. Lin Yi let out a smile "Flamingo." he said. Sunnee's eyes widened upon hearing that. "She took the medicine? But why?" she asked. "Because she regret not being able to save Phoenix before. So, she took that medicine to forget her regret." Lin Yi explained. 

 

Sunnee let out a sigh. "Can I take the medicine too?" she asked, looking at him. Lin Yi looked at her. He knew why she was asking about the memory-erasing medicine. It was to forget her childhood memories of being kidnapped before. "I don't think dad would want you to take that medicine. Flamingo, during that time,  stole the medicine from your dad. And I don't think it was made again after Cammie. The formula had been with Viper, but he was unsuccessful in recreating it the last time." Lin Yi explained. 

 

Sunnee let out another sigh. Lin Yi smiled at her as he put his arms around her. "If it was me, I wouldn't want to forget the time you were kidnapped. You know why?" Lin Yi said. Sunnee gave him a curious look. "Because you proved to those kidnappers you're no princess. You can fight with them. And, if I didn't save you that day, your dad won't adopt me, and we won't be best of friends, right?" Lin Yi said. Sunnee smiled, and nodded her head. 

 

"I just wish Wes would be brave enough to let Cammie knows everything..." Sunnee said. "I don't think that would happen. You know him. He'd rather hurt himself that hurt someone else. But let's just hope things would be better for Wes and Cammie after this mission." Lin Yi said. Sunnee nodded in agreement. 

 

--

 

"Good morning my babies!"

 

Hebe said as she entered the green house. She looked at her blooming flowers, and smiled. "Ah, you're all blooming beautifully today!" she said happily. 

 

"Hebe?"

 

She heard a familiar voice call. She let out a smile as she turned to see her guest. "Chun ge ge!" she exclaimed. The older guy walked up to her, and gave her a hug. "Ah, why didn't you tell me you're going to visit me today?" she said. "I wanted to surprise you, that's why." Chun told her. 

 

Chun walked inside,and saw the flowers that Hebe had planted. He smiled, seeing how they have bloomed beautifully. "Wow, your babies are so beautiful. Just like you." he said. 

 

"Is Calvin ge also coming today?" she asked. "Calvin had something to take care of at the company for now, but he'll visit you soon. OK?" Chun said. Hebe nodded her head. She turned to go back to her work. Chun saw her pause as she held her head. 

 

"Hebe?" he called. Hebe felt her head ache again. Just like before, flashes of memories flooded her mind. 

 

"Phoenix!"

"I have to go back! I have to save him."

"But... I love you..."

"Don't go. It won't be safe."

"Phoenix, No!"

 

Hebe fell on the ground as she let out a loud shriek. "Hebe!" Chun said as she rushed to her side. "I need to save him... I need to..." she said as she cried. Chun panicked at what she said. "This is bad. It seems that the medicine is slowly fading away. Soon, she will remember him, and that night..." he thought. 

 

He took an injection of tranquiler on his bag, and jabbed her with it. Slowly, Hebe calm down until she fell asleep. He settled Hebe inside her room, and after she laid her down on her bed, he went out to call Calvin. 

 

"Calvin..." Chun said on the phone. "We have a problem with that memory-erasing pill..." he said. "Take Hebe back to the secret laboratory so I can check on her." he heard Calvin said. Chun let out a sigh. "We can't always do this, Calvin..."

"I know. But do you want her to live in regret knowing -"

"Stop."

 

He took a deep breath as he threw a glance at Hebe. "We can't tolerate this anymore." Chun said. "She had to learn to forget Phoenix by herself, and not with the help of that pill." 

 

--

 

Dylan looked to his right, to his left, and at his back. When he knew that the coast is clear, he tiptoed his way inside the classroom of Class H. 

 

He looked for Sunnee's seat, and the moment he found it, he let out a smile. "Panda bear... here you go!" he said. He placed a box of cookies on her table. It has her name on it, just in case. He knew how possessive she is with her precious cookies. 

 

"Well, enjoy your cookies, panda bear." he said. As he turned to leave, he saw someone standing behind him - Brent. 

 

"What honor does Class H has for our Sakura Council head to pay a visit here, when no one is around?" he asked. Dylan was taken aback by his question. His eyes widened, and there was a panicked look on his face, making Brent let out a smirk. 

 

"I... uh.... I..." Dylan stuttered. "Are you here to steal her underwear?" he asked. "I'm not like Evan!" Dylan said in panic. Brent let out a laugh. "Then, care to explain?" Brent asked. "Unless you explain the rose you always leave on Eunice's table..." Dylan blackmailed him. 

 

Brent stared at him for a long time, and then he let out smile. "Touche. Good point. Well, I'll let you go this time. But, if you sneak in to our classroom again, us, The Fearless Four, won't let you go." Brent told him. Dylan smirked at him. "We have a deal. As long as you won't tell Sunnee that -"

"I won't tell Sunnee you're trying to steal her underwear, as long as you don't tell Eunice about the rose." 

 

An angry tick formed on Dylan's head. "I'm not trying to.. Ugh, it's no use to explain. I'll go ahead then." Dylan said as he ran out of the classroom. Brent smiled to himself, noticing the box of cookies on Lin Yi's desk. 

 

"This guy... next time, put it in the right table." Brent said as he put the box on Sunnee's desk. A few minutes later, the three went inside the room. "Ugh, so hot outside!" Lin Yi complained. "I'm hungry." Sunnee complained. "Hey, you just ate, and you're still hungry?!" Wes told her. 

 

As Sunnee walked towards her desk, she noticed a box on it. "What is this?" she asked. "A gift. From someone." Brent said, giving her a mysterious smile. Sunnee raised an eyebrow at him. "Why are you smiling like that? Are you trying to prank me again?" she asked in a suspicious tone. 

 

"Why would I do that? No reason to prank you. Unless cupid decided to prank you instead." Brent told her. Sunnee just gave him a confused look. She took the box, and was surprised when she opened it and saw cookies. 

 

"Cookie!" she said happily. "Hey! Are you sure it's not poisoned?" Lin Yi said as he ran to her side. "Why would anyone poison me?" Sunnee asked. "Maybe it has love potion." Brent suggested. "Or, it's just plain cookies." Wes said. 

 

Sunnee took a piece and ate it. The moment she tasted it, she let out a happy smile. "This is the tastiest cookie I've ever had!" she said. Lin Yi folded his arms, and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, right. Better than my cookies?" he asked. Sunnee smiled at him. "Well, it's at  par with your cookies, Lin Yi." she said. She munched happily on the cookies. "Maybe my cookie monster gave me these cookies." she said. 

 

Brent smiled to himself. "Ah, sometimes, a way to woman's heart is through her stomach." he said. He looked outside, and saw Dylan looking at Sunnee, smiling as he watched her eat the cookies he made. Shortly after, he left. 

 

"But I guess someone else got pranked by cupid." Brent said. Wes threw a crumpled paper at him, hitting his head. "Stop saying deep things." he scolded him. Brent just let out a laugh.