Third Mission: Protect The Princess - Part 5

How To Steal A First Kiss

"You..."

 

Brent walked closer to the guy before him. "Primrose?! What are you doing here?" He asked. Sean gave him a confused look. "Why? Am I not welcome here?" He asked. 

 

Brent let out a laugh. "Of course, you're always welcome. I just didn't know you'll be here." he said. Then, Qin Yang walked up to them. "Primrose is here to look after you while I am away." he said. Brent gave him a curious look. "Business trip again?" he asked. Qin Yang nodded his head. 

 

Brent let out a laugh. "Dad, we're not babies anymore. We can fend for ourselves." he said. Qin Yang and Sean looked at each other. "Better be safe than sorry, Brent. It's a little bit dangerous lately." Qin Yang said. This made Brent even more confused. "Is there something wrong, dad?" he asked. He knew the two were hiding something from him. "We'll explain after we sorted things out." Sean said. 

 

"Primrose!"

 

Wes shouted as he ran excitedly from the stairs. "Lion!" shouted. As soon as the two met, they hugged each other. They looked at each other, and made a kissy face. "I miss you!" Sean said. "I miss you more!" Wes said. Brent gave them a disgusted look. "Eewww, get a room." he said. 

 

"Cammie, your boyfriend is cheating on you with another guy." Lin Yi as he Put his phone out to take a picture of them hugging. "Hey!" Wes shouted at him. "Oh my God, Wes and Sean Ge will flirt with each other again." Sunnee told them. "You're just jealous, you have no one to flirt with." Sean said as he rolled his eyes at her. 

 

Brent just shook his head. "It must be Primrose who left the chocolate on my night table. After all, he knew about it. Right?" he thought.

 

--

 

"Dylan, we have an absence request from Hu Yi Tian." Eunice said as he walked towards Dylan's table. "His parents said he can't go to school as he got sick. He'll be back by tomorrow." she added. Upon hearing that, a smile formed on his lips. 

 

"Really?" he asked excitedly. His tone made Eunice confused. "Yeah... what's wrong?" she asked. "Nothing." he said happily. She took the request form on her hand, and immediately signed it for approval. "Tell Hu Yi Tian he can take as many days off as he wants to." he said with a smile. This made Eunice even more confused. "You're weird." she told him. 

 

Dylan just smiled to himself. "My love rival is not around, I can be around that panda bear, I guess." he thought. "Ah, Dylan. I forgot to give you this. The invitation for my birthday party." Eunice said, giving him an envelope. "Thanks, Eunice. I won't miss this for the world." he said. "You're going to be part of my cotillion, OK? Also, Addie and I want to invite Sunnee and her friends." he said. 

 

"Sunnee?" he asked happily. Eunice was expecting Dylan to be mad at her for inviting The Fearless Four, but she was surprised at his excited reaction. "O-of course, you can invite whoever you want. It's your birthday." he said in a more formal tone. "I'm also inviting Evan -"

 

"Evan?!" Ian asked excitedly. He got up from his table and walked towards Eunice. "You should just invite him, and not The Fearless Four!" Ian said. "Ian, Brent and his friends are not that bad. I think they're nice." she said. "Nice? They're troublesome kids!" Ian argued. "But they only fight with other bullies in school." Eunice argued back. "They bully Evan!" Ian argued again.

 

"Evan stole Sunnee's underwear that's why they pick on him." Dylan explained. "Evan can't do such thing. He's too  fragile. And innocent. And precious." Ian said with a pout. "You're just saying that because you'rein love with Evan." Eunice said. Ian just rolled his eyes at her. you saw me, it 

 

Then, they heard a knock at the door. "Excuse me. Is the Ice Monster around?" they heard Sunnee ask. "Yes, the Sakura Council head is here. What do you want?" Ian asked in an annoyed tone. "Panda!" Dylan thought happily upon hearing her voice. 

 

Dylan stood up from his desk, and then looked at Eunice and Ian. "You two, please leave the office. I have something important to discuss with Sunnee." he explained. "Fine." Ian said. "I'm going to the library first, then." Eunice said. 

 

As the two leaves, Sunnee got inside the office, and approached Dylan. "So, you're ready to explain yourself?" Dylan asked her. Sunnee nodded her head. "I'm ready to listen." he said as he folded his arms. Sunnee took a deep breath before she starts explaining things to him. 

 

"I'm part of a vigilante group called Red Dragons that helps police with their cases." she began. Upon hearing that, Dylan's brows furrowed as he began to be worried about her. "I've been part of it for a long time. The last time that you saw me, it was on one of our missions." she added. "So, you're a secret agent, or something?" he asked. Sunnee nodded his head. "And it's not just me. Wes, Brent, Lin Yi and Evan are part of it." she said. 

 

"Wait... Evan?!" Dylan asked in disbelief. "He's our intelligence guy." she explained. "But you and Evan -"

"It's for a show. So you guys won't suspect a thing. Of course, he didn't steal my underwear, and we're in good terms. Evan is a really nice guy." 

"But why? I don't understand why you have to do these things!"

 

Dylan looked worriedly at her as he scolded her. "It's dangerous for you to be part of that group. It's dangerous for you to be on a mission." he said. "I know this is dangerous, but this my duty as a Red Dragon. This is my mission in life. We wanted to protect the people, especially during the times the authorities can no longer protect them. We help to solve crimes. This is important to me. So no matter how dangerous it is, I'll still do my mission." she said. 

 

She let out another sigh. "I'm not expecting you to understand. I'm just here because I owe you an explanation, especially what happened the day before. Just don't tell me what to do, or to stop what I'm doing because I love what I am doing. That's all I have to say." she told him. 

 

She turned her back on him to leave. But as she made a step, Dylan walked towards her, and hugged her back. She was surprised at what he did, but didn't bother to take his arms around her. 

 

"You have to promise me..." Dylan said in his most gentle voice. "Promise me that you'll stay safe. Promise me you'll stay alive." he told her. Then he turned her to face him, he cupped her cheeks. "Promise me." he said. 

 

Sunnee looked into his eyes, and saw how worried he is for her. "I've never seen Ice Monster this worried. I didn't realize he can be caring as well." she thought. "Promise me..." Dylan asked again. Sunnee just nodded her head. Then, Dylan pulled her into a hug. 

 

She could hear the pounding of his heart as Dylan hugged her. Or was it her own heart? "Ice Monster, why are you like this to me?" she thought. Dylan, hugged her tight, as if he wanted to protect her from the world. He would have hugged her for a long time, if not for someone who disturbed them. 

 

"Polar Bear!" Dylan heard Addie call her. Upon hearing Addie's voice, Sunnee pushed Dylan from her. "Ah, Panda, you're also here! I hope Dylan's not scolding you or something." Addie said as she walked towards them. 

 

She looked at Sunnee, and saw the pink tints on her cheek. "I... I have to go." she said. Then, she rushed to the door, leaving the two behind. "What happened to her?" Addie asked. "I don't know..." Dylan said. Then, Addie glared at him. "You didn't make her upset, didn't you?" she asked. Dylan just let out a sigh, and shook his head. 

 

--

 

"How are you feeling?"

 

Persephone asked as he walked towards his bed. Hades flinched as he tried to move. "A little better now, I guess." he said. She sat beside him, and brushed his hair with his finger. "Good thing you got out of there in time, or I would be very worried." she said. 

 

Hades let out a sigh. "That girl... I should have my revenge on her soon." he said with a hint of anger in his tone. Persephone let out a laugh. "The little girl is so brave and tough. It wouldn't be easy to kill her right away." she said. "Then, I guess I'll play with her for a little while. After all, I love challenges. When I kill her, it will be worth it." he said. 

 

Persephone's lips curved with a smile. "That's my man." she said. Then, she leaned over him, and kissed him on the lips. "You need to be well for our next task. I need you there." she told him. Hades let out a smirk at her. "Oh I will." he said. Then, he cupped her cheeks and gave her a passionate kiss. 

 

--

 

The next day. 

 

Sam was busy playing with his new toy robot, when he heard his guy classmates talking. "The guest student sure is cute..." he heard one of his classmates say. He looked outside, and saw Addie walking outside with Dylan and Eunice. 

 

Then, he let out a smile. "So near, and yet so far..." he thought. Then, he let out a sigh. All he could do is watch her from afar. 

 

"This is Class C, right?" Addie asked Eunice as they were walking. "Yes, this is Class C. Why?" Eunice asked. She looked inside, and her eyes caught Sam looking at her. She felt her cheeks became warm as their eyes met. "He's here..." she thought happily. 

 

"But will I just let this moment pass?" Sam thought as he looked away from her. He had known Addie from his favorite anime store. She always frequent that place. Although he like her, he never had the courage to approach her and talk to her.  "But will she ignore me if I approach her?" he thought. 

 

"I really want to be with him...." Addie thought as she walked away from Class C. She had seen Sam before in her favorite anime store. Although she had a crush on him, she never had the courage to walk up to him and befriend him. That's why when she was chosen to be the guest student of Dong San, she was happy because not will she be with Dylan and Eunice, she will also get to see Sam. 

 

"Well, it's now or never." Sam thought as he stood up. He slowly walked outside the classroom and approach Addie. "I think I should go and befriend him." Addie thought. She made her retreat, making Eunice and Dylan confused at her action. "Addison? Where are you going?" Dylan asked. 

 

She saw him walking up to her, and he saw her looking at her. He could feel his heart beating fast as he made a step towards her. Addie walking as fast as she could to get to him. And once they were standing face to face, all she could do is look at him. 

 

"Hi." Addie said with a shy smile. Sam opened his mouth to speak, but he became speechless. "I'm Addie. I... I always see  you at the anime store and...

"Hi, I'm Sam, and I also see you at the anime store and I think you're so cute, and I like you." Sam blurted in one go. 

 

Upon hearing that, Addie let out a smile. Her cheeks turned red. "He feels the same way..." she thought. "Sam, I -"

 

"Demerits for you, Sam Lin." Dylan said as he walked towards them. Addie, Sam and Eunice gave him a confused look. "Demerits for what?!" they all asked. "For leaving the classroom while class is in session." Dylan said. Then, he pulled Addie away from him. "B-but, we don't have a professor yet..." Sam explained. "Still. If you don't want to have another demerit, then go back to your room." Dylan told him. 

 

Sam could only scratch his head as he head inside the room. Addie looked at Dylan and pouted at him. "You're a meanie." she said. Dylan just gave her a stern look. "It's called looking after Addison Lei." he said. Addie rolled her eyes at him. "Let's go back to the classroom." he told them. 

 

"Stupid polar bear!" Addie said as she folded his arms. "I think Dylan's just jealous. Because your attention is not on him." Eunice said. "He's a big meanie, that's why!" Addie said. Eunice just let out a laugh, and pulled Addie back to their room. 

 

--

 

Sunnee was walking towards the school gate, when she saw Yi Tian outside. Her face lightened up upon seeing him. She had not seen him yesterday, and seeing him now made her very happy. "Yi Tian!" she called as she ran towards him. 

 

Dylan was walking towards the school gate as well when she saw Sunnee running towards Dylan. "Ah, she found him again..." he thought in jealousy. He let out a sigh, and just watched her. 

 

Yi Tian didn't hear Sunnee call her. As Sunnee was about to approach her, a car stopped in front of him. A girl rolled the window down, and Yi Tian approached her, giving her a kiss on the cheek. Then, he got inside the car, and the car left. 

 

Seeing that had devastated her. Her heart was broken into pieces. Just as she thought maybe she had a chance with Yi Tian, it was shattered because there is another girl. "She had a... girlfriend..." she said to herself. 

 

Dylan saw just what happened, and saw how Sunnee hung her head low upon seeing Yi Tian and thatgirl. His heart broke for her. "Panda bear..." he thought. Just like her mood, it became dark as the clouds hid the sun. 

 

The school gate became filled with students, and soon the street outside became busy. He followed Sunnee as she walked, not knowing if she's going to the right direction or not. From where he is, he could see that she is crying. 

 

Dylan ran up to her, and stopped in front of her. Sunnee, not knowing what's happening before her, bumped into him. She looked up, and gave him an annoyed look. "Watch it, ice monster!" shs shouted angrily at him. Dylan let out a sigh. "You're the one who should watch it." he said worriedly. Still annoyed, she scowled at him. "Why, you stupid polar bear ice monster... "

 

Soon, it rained. Dylan took his umbrella, and opened it. He made sure that Sunnee is not drenched in the rain. "The skies seems to be in the same mood as you..." he said. "Are you trying to mock me?"

"No, I'm trying to console you."

"If you're trying to console me, then get out of my way."

 

Dylan remained standing in front of her. Then, he pulled her into a hug. And as he embraced her, she began to cry.