Step By Step

Barely Even Friends At First

Heechul POV

 

I paced back and forth in the upstairs dorm. It was where Hangeng and I usually spent the most time and today I had finished all of my events early. I sighed as I pulled out my cell phone. I wasn't one for staying in even when it was this late. I looked at the time on my phone, only to see that it had just turned two in the morning. I sighed... I really only knew one other person that would be up at this time and that was Hongki.

My thoughts wondered back to the time when I was on Intimate Note with Eunhyuk. Practically all the members had shunned my hanging out with Hongki which they had every right to. Before Intimate Note I had spent the majority of my time with Hongki and Hangeng. They were my best friends... but now I really wanted to be closer to my members...especially Eunhyuk.

I had thought about messaging Hongki to see if he wanted to go out for a drink or two but decided against it. Right now I only wanted the company of Hyuk Jae. During recent times I had been able to open up and talk to him more, show him my true feelings...except my feelings for him.

I pocketed my cell phone before leaving my dorm. It was at least a good chance that Eunhyuk was still up and willing to talk and I was going to find out if he was awake. I took the stairs down to the lower floor and walked straight into the other dorm room. It was no surprise to find Ryeowook and Yesung still awake, sitting in the living room watching TV.

"Oh hyung! What are you doing here?" Ryeowook asked. He was always a cute dongsaeng...one that I usually had abused only during concerts when I would pretend to kiss him. I would always recieve death glares from Yesung after that... but I was the same with everyone. I would kiss Sungmin and Kyuhyun would get angry at me. In fact Kyuhyun and I were in a war to see who was more evil.

"Just came to hang out with my favorite people!" I answered even though it was mostly a lie. I was used to lying to everyone...except Hangeng and now the last person I wanted to lie to was Eunhyuk.

"Oh your here?" I heard the voice of an angel. I turned my head slowly to find Hyuk Jae without a shirt on coming towards me. His abs were gorgeous even though I knew that he hadn't always had them...now that he did he always walked around without a shirt on. I looked away trying to hold my back a blush and a squeel at the same time.

Ever since becoming closer to Eunhyuk I had started acting less like myself. Before I would always have a calm composure, a smart attitude...that caused everyone to look at me like I was an evil monster... now I was beginning to lose that composure whenever I saw Eunhyuk.

"You're awake?" I asked trying to keep my voice from cracking. He nodded as he took a seat in the kitchen. He looked extremely tired but still as handsome as ever. "Ah Eunhyuk can we talk?" I asked slowly, but just as I asked I saw Donghae coming out of Eunhyuk's room...also without a shirt on.

I had come here often to talk to Eunhyuk. It was nothing new but seeing Donghae and Eunhyuk together still hurt me deep down somewhat. I knew from the beginning that they were a couple that were in love but I still wished that it was Eunhyuk and I instead. I knew because of this feeling Hangeng left me and yet I couldn't feel bad about it. I still wanted Eunhyuk...I wanted him all for myself.

"Yeah let me get a shirt and we will go for a walk..." Eunhyuk said as he stood up and moved back into the hallway towards his room. I watched as Donghae made Eunhyuk stop in the hallway, whispered something, and then took Eunhyuk's hand and kissed it before letting Eunhyuk enter his room.

"Annyeong hyung," Donghae smiled as he entered the kitchen. He quickly opened up the refrigerator to see what was inside. I frowned behind his back. I was still friendly with Donghae, but not as much since before Intimate Note. "Going on a walk with Eunhyuk again?" He asked. From the very beginning it had been Eunhyuk's idea to go on walks while we talked even though I practically hated any form of excercise since my accident. Eunhyuk was still an avid dancer and he liked to stay active and I couldn't keep him from doing what he wanted.

"Nae," I answered shortly. Donghae turned back to look at me with a strawberry milk carton in his hand. "Isn't that Eunhyuk's?" I asked. In some ways Eunhyuk was like me who didn't like to share his milk, I didn't like to share my food.

"Yea...he lets me share his strawberry milk," Donghae smiled as he opened the carton and chugged down the strawberry liquid. I didn't think I would ever understand their addiction to strawberries or to strawberry milk. "Hyung...you've been getting a lot closer to Eunhyuk lately..." Donghae pointed out. This time I saw something dark flicker in his eyes. Was it possible that he knew how my feelings were turning towards Eunhyuk? It couldn't be... I had kept those feelings deep deep down that I was sure they couldn't come out in my actions. "Just remember he's mine..." Donghae warned.

Those words made me gulp down my saliva and make my mouth go dry. Could he really understand how I had been feeling? Was it really that easy to understand my feelings?

"I'm ready," Eunhyuk interrupted as he appeared in the kitchen with a newly found hoody covering his chocolate abs. I glanced back at Donghae who had sat down at the kitchen table and was still drinking from the carton. "Hey thats mine!" Eunhyuk whined but he had a smile on his face. I turned away. I couldn't watch their playfulness anymore.

"Let's go," I called as I walked towards the door. I just wanted Eunhyuk's company, that's all I wanted...that's all I could have...and I had to keep repeating those words so I wouldn't forget.

 

 

 

 

Eunhyuk POV

 

 

I bobbed my head up and down. The same song had been stuck in my head for days now. It was an english song called 'My Everything' that Donghae had sang during one of the super show concerts. His voice was completely y in that song not to mention that he was y. Period.


"So what's up?" I asked as I turned my head towards Heechul. His hair was a normal black and tied back in a pony tail. It was getting long again... I just hoped he didn't keep growing it out. I shook my head as I thought about the time he had grown it really long and died it red. He really looked more like a girl at that time.

"Not much... just couldn't sleep and wanted to talk to someone..." Heechul spoke up. I enjoyed these times because it was the only time I got to see Heechul for who he really was. I didn't see him put up his barrier by acting sarcastic or slightly evil. He was purely himself when he talked to me...and he no longer picked on me.

"Is something bothering you hyung?" I asked. I had helped Heechul through a lot these past couple of months. I knew that Hangeng moving back to China had hit him hard...among his problems with not being able to dance as well as he once he used to be able to and other things. It was nice to talk about what was bothering us.

"Not really...you know our next album is coming up right?" He asked me. I stuck my hands inside my sweater... for a spring night it was pretty chilly out.

"Nae...is something bothering you about it?" I continued to question him. It usually took a while to get to what was really bothering him.

"I'm worried about my voice I guess. I don't practice as much as I should and I make a lot of mistakes.." Heechul pointed out. I smiled. It was getting easier to make him confess what was bothering him.

"I see... don't worry about it hyung. Remember I'm just a rapper and my voice isn't always that great at just singing but as long as I work at it everyday it keeps improving. You just have to do the same too..." I tried to cheer him up with the truth. It was true that my voice wasn't the best out of Super Junior but I had been come to be known as a great rapper and one of the best dancers in the KPop industry.

We stopped at the playground. We usually walked to this point and played around on the little kid swings before we made our way back towards our dorm. It was fun to play around with Heechul. Before I always found him a little too grown up...always wanting to go out with people who had a bigger fan base then some of the people in Super Junior, always wanting to go out and drink a little with Hongki...which everyone knew I detested alcohol in the highest sense.

Heechul took a seat on one of the swings and I quickly helped push him back and forth. It was always like this. I had always felt bad since our car accident that Heechul and Kyuhyun had been hurt so badly while Leeteuk and I had gotten by with only a few scratches. A part of me wanted to say that in Intimate Note...but I knew it was something that I had to keep hidden. Ever since Heechul had gotten a steel rod placed in his leg it had been difficult to him and brought him into a deep depression at one point. I felt so sorry for him and Kyuhyun at that time.

After a while of playing on the swings we began our walk back towards the dorm.

"Gomawo Eunhyuk...for listening to me..." Heechul spoke up. I smiled. I always felt a little better when he told me about what was bothering him.

"You're welcome hyung," I replied just as we reached our dorm. Heechul gave me a small hug before we parted ways to our own dorm room.

 


 

 

Again sorry for the slow updates >.< but its my weekend so I'll try to update each story at least once more before Monday.

Hope you enjoy :D

 

-LHY