2nd date

Barely Even Friends At First

 Eunhyuk POV

 

I woke up the next morning to the members throwing clothes at me, telling me to get dressed and to hurry up. I was slightly upset since I wanted to sleep in and prepare for Heechul and I's date later. However, I did what the members told me to do and got dressed before being pushed downstairs and into one of the several vans waiting for us. I asked where we were going several times without getting an answer before I closed my eyes and fell asleep, deciding not to care anymore.

I was woken up once again, just as the van was pulling to a stop in front of a large house. I stared around the van at the members who were prepared to get off. I followed slowly wondering what the big deal was to stop at this house. Once I got off the van I saw my mother, father, and sister waiting at the side, looking just as lost as I felt. I ran over to them.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. They hugged me tightly. It was the first time we were meeting each other since I told them about my cancer. I hugged them back just as tightly.

"We don't know... Leeteuk came to our house early this morning and told us to get on this van that brought us here... so we are here," My sister explained. I nodded and looked back to the members who had surrounded us completely now. I stared at them as they smiled at me and my family.

"Hyuk Jae," Ryeowook was the first to speak. "Do you remember the day where you went shopping with me and you paid for the food?" He asked. I nodded slowly... "You told me then that you were saving up money for your family, so you could buy them a home... well I told the guys about what you said... and we wanted to give you and your family something because of all the hardships you've gone through..." Ryeowook explained.

I looked back at the house, completely surprised that Ryeowook would remember something like that. I shook my head at him, wondering if this was really happening.

"We pulled our money together to get you something that you could no longer afford to get..." Siwon added from his spot between Leeteuk and Sungmin. I couldn't believe what I was hearing or seeing at this moment. It brought tears to my eyes immediately.

"We hope you cherish this house forever," Kangin smiled at us. All at once they came forward, bowing at us. I hugged the nearest member, which happened to be Shin Dong immediately. I thanked him, and continued hugging all the members until I thanked them properly and thoroughly. The rest of my family had seemed to do the same, each with tears in their precious eyes. It had always been my life long dream to see this, and now it has finally come true.

It was true that there times where the members fought until the point we thought that we were going to break up, but we were always able to come together as one group and support each other. This was one of those times where I knew I could count on them for the rest of my life to protect Super Junior to the end, as well as each of our families. I finally felt as though I could leave earth knowing that my family would be happy and safe.

The members and my family quickly made their way into the house to look at it, while I stayed behind. Once everyone was gone I crumbled to the ground. My tears shaking every part of me. This was the happiest and saddest moment of my life. I wish I would be in good health, knowing I would be able to stay in this house with my family for the rest of my life.

"Hey," I heard a voice behind me and as much as I wanted to get up and pretend like nothing was wrong, I continued crying like a child. Two strong arms lifted me off the ground and forced me to cry into his shoulder. "Don't cry," Donghae's voice startled me even as he tried soothing me. "Why are you crying?" He asked in a whispered voice.

"I don't want to stop seeing their happy face," I cried even louder as I held Donghae tighter. I cared way too deeply for these people that it was no longer a capability for me not to care about this disease. I didn't want to leave their side.

"You will always see their smiling faces, Hyukkie...no matter where you are..." Donghae insisted, which I could only believe in to the fullest. It was true I could always look down at them from heaven, and while I was here they were always close by enough to see them. I sobbed a little more while I wiped the tears off my face. "You can't ruin your face with your tears Hyukkie," Donghae rubbed my back gently before pushing me towards the house.

Heechul was waiting for me at the entrance, Donghae letting me go to him instantly as he joined with the others.

"Are you ok?" Heechul asked slowly, as he looked me up and down. I nodded, bringing a small smile to my lips.

"I am now," I said, as I hugged him tightly. He held me back just as tightly.

"Do you want to leave? We can start our date early" Heechul asked. I nodded.

"Just give me a few more minutes with my family," I whispered and went to hug my family tightly. They were enjoying the house a lot which made me happier as well. I followed my family around for a while before announcing my leave. They were upset to see me go, but I told them I would come back to spend more time with them. I left almost immediately after with Heechul.

We were dropped off in front of a small restaurant in the city, surprisingly it was my favorite restaurant.

"It's your favorite right?" Heechul asked. I stared at him, surprise obviously showing. "Donghae helped me figure this one out," Heechul gave up his secret easily as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. I was surprised Donghae would give up such a secret as this. "Well lets go in!" Heechul said and pushed me gently into the establishment. We were seated immediately and asked what our choice of drink might be.

"Noona," Heechul called the waitress. "May I order?" He asked politely. The woman nodded. "One of every kind of your best dishes please," He ordered straight away, surprising lady who was waiting on us.

"Of course!" The lady didn't question him but went straight back to tell the chef. I looked at Heechul once more, shock covering my face.

"Heechul!" I shook his arm.

"Don't worry about it Eunhyuk," He smiled and winked. My confused face didn't disappear. "Just think of this as all the dates we won't be able to go on in the future combined," Heechul whispered into my ear. He was a crazy person, but this was the reason why he was so popular. I couldn't help myself but attack the man next to me, wrapping my arms around him tightly.

"You are the best! Daebak!" I nearly screamed. It was a moment that he hadn't been expecting. Even though he had started conflicts within Super Junior, I couldn't stop myself from thinking that he was one of the greatest men I've ever met and gotten to know in such a sweet way.

"Don't worry Eunhyuk... You will pull through this..." Heechul whispered to me, but I was sure he was just reassuring himself that he wouldn't live in a world without me.

Our food came out rather quickly even though it was such a large order.

"May I ask... why are you ordering so much food for just the two of you?" The waitress asked after setting all the plates full of food on the table in front of us.

"Well...this man... was diagnosed with cancer not too long ago...and as you can also see he is really thin. It was doctor's orders to make him fat before he starts chemotherapy," Heechul replied instantly, telling the complete truth which is so unlike him. The woman stared at me in shock, then in pity, and finally in near recognition.

"But aren't you Eunhyuk from Super Junior? and you are Heechul right?" The woman began questioning us. I began to get nervous that things might leek out to the public faster than expected. Heechul simply shrugged his shoulders as he picked up his chopsticks. The woman left after realizing that we wanted to eat our meal in peace, but a commotion quickly began in the back.

"I'm full," I whined after half of the food on the table disappeared. Heechul had long finished before I had.

"Good," Heechul smiled at me before waving over the waitress. He pulled out several thousand won and told the woman to keep the change even though it was a lot more than the bill.

"Wait!" The woman stopped us from leaving too quickly. "Can you take pictures with us? In front of the restaurant..." The woman asked. I agreed, finding it a great honor to take pictures in front of my favorite restaurant. We quickly got set up outside and took several pictures. Even the owner of the store had come out to take pictures.

"Hwaiting Eunhyuk! We will pray for you to get better!" The owner called out to Heechul and I as we headed for the subway. I bowed to them, showing my greatest respect.

"Where are we going now?" I asked Heechul as we walked side by side to the subway station. This time instead of being confused at the subway station he knew how to get tickets right away.

"Uh oh! It's a secret..." Heechul smiled evily, taking my hand as we stepped onto the subway. I waited patiently next to Heechul on the subway to find out where we were going. We ended up in the shopping district where Heechul pulled me off the subway and into a housing supply store. Every second I became more curious as Heechul wondered through the store looking at several different things. "AH! Here.." Heechul walked over to a section that had several different varieties of bed sheets. "A house warming gift to your parents and sister," Heechul held up one bed sheet that had a floral decoration on it. "What do you think? Should we get this for your parents?" Heechul questioned.

Every step of the way he was surprising me even more. I was really getting to see his caring side for the people around him, even people that weren't related to him. I slowly slid my arms around his waist, hugging him tightly. I never wanted to let go of him, since he was able to show me his sincere side. Two arms pulled me away, and Heechul stared at me, his eyes showing me just how much he cared. Telling me that nothing, even death would separate us, and that if something would happen to me he would always be there to take care of what I couldn't and wouldn't be able to.

"I love you Eunhyuk," Heechul whispered. He pulled into a more secluded corner before placing his lips gently on mine, my bottom lips to ask for permission to enter. I was overtaken by the warm sensation of his tongue tasting every part of me, twirling and intertwining with my own tongue. He slowly ended the kiss, continuing to hold me tightly in his arms. "Let's shop, ok?" Heechul took my hand and pushed me around the sheets.

"Oh this one!" I pointed to a pink bed sheet that had a black heart design on it. It was my sister's favorite colors. Heechul immediately agreed and picked it up. We continued to look around until we had bed sheets for everyone in my family. However, something seemed out of the ordinary when I noticed that Heechul and I were both carrying two bedsheets. "I think we have too many," I pointed out. Heechul smiled and shook his head.

"Your forgetting about the most important person," Heechul pointed out. I stared at him in confusion. "You, silly." Heechul laughed. He held out one of the bedsheets for me to look at, that had monkeys designed on it. I smiled happily. "Let's go," Heechul began walking towards the checkout area, looking awkward as he tried to squeeze throught the isles with the large bags in his arms. He quickly paid for the bedsheets before we left the store.

Heechul headed straight for a car that was parked outside, that I recognized as his own.

"I asked someone to bring it," Heechul answered my question before I could even ask it. "Hurry, get in," Heechul opened the passenger side door for me before opening the back to set the bed sheets down. It was yet another mystery where he would be taking me now.

"Heechul you don't need to do this all for me..." I said slowly. I liked spending time with him, I didn't need anything else.

"Yes I do... I want to sincerely make up for the trouble I've caused recently... and I also want to make up for the promise I'll be breaking by leaving your side while I'm in the army," Heechul replied. It was dark by the time we reached the shady old apartment that we had visited last time, with the one room that I thought was enchanted.

I got out of the car but had to wait for Heechul while he dug through his backseat, pulling out one of the bedsheets. We walked into the apartment and waited patiently till we reached the last floor. Heechul layed out the bed sheet on the ground for us to lay on, not surprising that it was the monkey bed sheet.

"What should we talk about?" Heechul asked as he layed down and stared up at the decorated roof. I layed next to him.

"Well I still don't know that much about you. Should we exchange facts?" I asked goofily, making Heechul laugh.

"Anything you want," He replied smoothly.

"I'll start... do you know why I nicknamed myself treasure on top?" I asked Heechul. He shook his head. "Because I was jealous of Kyuhyun's nickname Maknae on top," I revealed. It was slightly embarrassing but it made Heechul laugh.

"Hmm... ok... did you know I was in the top of my class in high school?" He asked. It seemed unbelievable but I could tell he was telling the truth.

"My first kiss was in a school bus..." I blurted out. Heechul jumped up at this.

"With a girl or a guy?" He asked. I punched his shoulder softly.

"With a girl... I wasn't always gay...yaish," I smiled.

"Well thankfully it was with a girl," Heechul layed back down. The moon was up now, its light shining through the designs in the roof making the place look magical once again. "I wasn't popular in high school... all the guys thought I was too girly," Heechul confessed, making me giggle slightly. To be honest he was still like that today, but he also had a bad temper.

Our small confessions continued on until I heard Heechul's soft snoring beside me. I was hesitant to stay in this place all night, but I was extremely tired as well and couldn't stop myself from cuddling up to the man lying next to me.

 


 

 

Oh shisus a long chapter. Mianhae! but I hope you enjoy.

Also I've pretty much decided that I'll be working in Korea teaching english for a few years after I finish school. I'm so excited and I really hope I can meet the person I truly admire ( Lee Hyuk Jae ) While im in Korea.

Also for those who don't know I'm actually an engaged woman so you don't need to worry about me stealing the love of your life ( Lee Hyuk Jae ) ^_^

 

 

LHY