Gaining Weight

Barely Even Friends At First

Eunhyuk POV

 

I was officially stuck at home, with nothing to do but follow the doctor's orders. Everyone was out doing schedules of some sort while I was stuck alone, continuously eating to say the least. I sat in front of the tv and watched cartoons all day while stuffing one thing or another into my mouth. Even long after I was full I continued to eat, hoping to see some kind of change in my thin body.

I've always had a fast metabolism but usually no time to eat anything, which made me become really thin in recent years. Now I had the time to sit back and eat all the yummy food I wanted rather than watching my weight in the first place. It was a nice experience but I missed the members...

"Hyuk Jae!" Finally Ryeowook returned from a schedule. He came and sat with me on the couch, staring at all the wrappers I had discarded on the table in front of me. "Did you miss me?" Ryeowook asked cutely. I nodded enthusiastically. "But...this food isn't healthy for you...let me make you some dinner," Ryeowook insisted.

"It's ok Ryeowook...I'm too full to eat now..." I laughed slightly. He didn't seem to believe me. "Really it's ok...Even if it's not healthy... I just need to gain weight," I tried to convince Ryeowook.

"Ok... I guess I'll just begin dinner for everyone else..." Ryeowook got up from the couch to go into the kitchen. He was always a hard-working eternal maknae that did everything he possibly could for the other members. I stared at him from the living room, watching him search the cupboards for something to make. "We have a problem..." Ryeowook sighed.

"What is it?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen. Ryeowook smiled as he scratched his head.

"We're out of food," Ryeowook insisted. "I guess I'll need to run out to the store," Ryeowook walked out of the kitchen to find a sweatshirt to put on and some fake glasses that would help hide his identity. I was jealous that he could leave whenever he pleased. Ryeowook paused at the door and looked back at me. "Do you want to come with me?" He asked slowly. I was sure he was wondering if it was a good idea for me to go out in the cold.

"Yes!" I said excitedly before he had a chance to change his mind. I ran back to my room to grab a sweater and a mask before returning to the living room. Ryeowook left together and left for a small market in town, that only required walking to get to.

"You were pretty bored huh?" Ryeowook asked, making small talk.

"Very bored!" I whined. I was happy now that I had someone to talk to and hang out with. However, I had never been one to go buy food for everyone. It would be a new experience to me.

"Let's go have some fun then," Ryeowook smiled and began skipping down the street. I chased after him happily. When we reached the market Ryeowook grabbed a cart before beginning to go down the fresh vegetable isle. "Strawberries?" Ryeowook pointed out. He knew me too well... "Why do you like strawberries so much hyung?" He questioned.

"I don't know... of course I like how they taste but ever since I was little living in a small home with my parents...we couldn't afford a lot of things but there was a patch of wild strawberries that would grow behind our house and it was some of the most tastiest food I was able to eat at the time," I explained to Ryeowook.

"Because you were so poor then, that is why you are such a filial son? You feel bad for your parents?" Ryeowook asked as we continued to go down the aisles picking out food. Even I was having fun pulling out foods that I liked, as well as I knew some other people liked.

"I guess so... my parents are important to me because they allowed me to follow my dreams...they've always supported me..." I thought deeply about how much my family cared about my future.

"Have you told them...about your cancer?" Ryeowook asked. I paused. I hadn't even thought about telling them. I didn't want to see them upset just as much as I didn't want to see the rest of the Super Junior member's upset. "You should tell them hyung," Ryeowook gave me a worried look.

"I should...maybe I'll go home this weekend and tell them..." I said slowly. It was time they knew.

"Ok let's get off the subject," Ryeowook smiled, and wiped away a few small tears.

"Don't cry Wookie!" I begged. He nodded and picked up a large bag of rice with a little difficulty. "Will you need help with dinner tonight? I'll help you!" I had never helped much in the kitchen because I didn't know how to cook very well, but I wanted to spend as much time with the members as I could knowing that in the upcoming weeks I wouldn't get this chance very often.

"Nae hyung," Ryeowook smiled. We continued to shop until our cart was full with food. We entered the checkout area where Ryeowook was about to pay but I stopped him.

"I got this Wookie," I said as I pulled out my wallet and handed the cashier my credit card. She swiped it before handing it back to me.

"You didn't have to do that," Ryeowook frowned at me. "I know you are saving up for a house for your family and ch-chemo...therapy... isn't cheap," Ryeowook stuttered around the word. I messed up his hair a little bit.

"Don't worry about it dongsaeng-ah," I smiled and we began our walk home with bags of groceries in our hands. It had gotten a little quiet between the two of us, so I looked over at Ryeowook. He had red puffy eyes and tears were streaming down his face. "Ryeo! What's wrong?" I asked, dropping the bags of groceries to see if he was hurt anywhere. He dropped his bags also, wrapping his arms around me.

"I don't want you to be sick, hyung!" he sobbed into my chest while hugging me tightly. He had surprised me, but I had known for a long time that he was just as big a cry baby as I was. I rubbed his back for a while, waiting for him to calm down.

"Don't scare your hyung like that," I patted his shoulder once he stopped crying. He bowed.

"Mianhae hyung," He whispered. I shook my head before picking up the bags of groceries, even Ryeowook's share. "Hyung..." Ryeowook was asking to carry the bags.

"Aiyoo...let's go," I forced Ryeowook to move along and stop worrying about every little thing. We reached our dorm quickly, happy to be out of the cold. Ryeowook quickly went to putting things away in the kitchen and taking out things to make for dinner while I grabbed a glass of water. "What are we making for dinner?" I asked him.

"Spicy Ramun," He replied. I my lips, feeling hungry all over again. "Hyung! You are hungry again?" Ryeowook laughed at me. I nodded vigorously.

"What is this about Hyuk Jae making dinner?" Siwon came into the kitchen from the hallway. Ryeowook and I laughed at him. He must of came to the dorm after getting done with his schedule. He usually stayed at his own house, but there were times where he would stay with the members also.

"Oh hyung! What are we going to do with Hyuk Jae hyung?! He is eating all of our food," Ryeowook pouted playfully. Siwon laughed at the eternal maknae.

"Would you rather have it be him or Shindong hyung?" Siwon asked. Ryeowook thought for a moment.

"You're right hyung," Ryeowook laughed and continued to work in the kitchen.

"Wookie...what do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Can you take that pan and put water in it... and then put it on the oven and begin to boil the water?" Ryeowook was patient with me as I helped with the basic things around the kitchen. I was also asked to cut up a few onions and peppers. I began with the peppers first, trying to figure out how to cut it the best way but I ended up getting taught by Ryeowook anyway.

"Mianhae Wookie..." I whispered after every little mistake or with everything that I wasn't able to do on my own. Ryeowook would just smile though. He was always so forgiving and understanding to everyone.

As I was cutting up the onions my eyes began to water, making me rub my eyes and making them water even more.

"We're back!" Leeteuk, Kanging, Yesung, Kyuhyun and Sungmin entered into the dorm room. "Hyuk Jae!" I heard Leeteuk scream my name. The next thing I knew someone hit me really hard, making me drop the knife in my hand, and I felt a sharp pain in my hand.

"Ahh," I looked down through my tears at hand, that was gushing blood. I looked over to see who had hit me. Leeteuk was staring at me in shock.

"Mianhae Hyuk Jae!" Leeteuk grabbed my hand and pulled it over to the sink. "Ryeowook the first aid kit!" Leeteuk begged of the younger boy. The water stung the cut, making real tears stream down my face. Ryeowook returned immediately, carefully putting ointment and wrapping my hand. "Yah! Why were you crying?! Don't you know you could have come talked to me instead of cried?" Leeteuk pulled me into his embrace, obviously misunderstanding.

"Oh hyung!" I pushed him away. "I was cutting an onion! It made my eyes water! Aish...what were you thinking...pabo..." I growled.


69385214.giftumblr_lvo1c2VZMn1qj8nh3_large.gifimage

 

okkkkkkkkkkk here is a really boring chapter and i didnt even leave you with a cliff hanger... just mostly Hyuk Jae's endless hunger problems....but seriously... what do you think is under him wanting to eat so much? Who does he want to live for? Aiya... I'll make the next chapter better!

-LHY