reoccuring visits

Barely Even Friends At First

Eunhyuk POV

 

Every week I was subject to visiting the doctor's office at the hospital. Every week it was the same thing. He checked my vital's, gave me a run down about what we would end up doing in the future to treat my illness, and then would send me on my way with no deffinite time to when treatment would begin.

I tried to keep my mood consistent while in front of the members. I tried to work on some dancing routines more and more just so I wouldn't be distracted by the members. It wasn't easy though. Some days I was more agitated than others, and on occasion I was in a really good mood.

Heechul still didn't stop bothering me about what was pestering me. He said he could tell that there was something wrong with me. He wouldn't give up until I told him. Donghae on the other hand, avoided me at all costs. I still hadn't found out what had bothered him that day where he threw every single pot in our kitchen on the ground. No one else seemed to have figured it out either.

Today I woke up early again. I had to go to the doctor's office again, and hopefully find out something that I didn't already know. It was way before dawn as I walked slowly to the subway station to board a train into town. I had brought a backpack this time so I could go shopping afterwards. It was still something that I enjoyed doing, something that got my mind off of things.

At the hospital I was almost immediately taken back to a room, which usually never happened. I took a seat as I waited for the doctor.

"Hyuk Jae," The doctor smiled at me as he came in. I wanted to yell at him. Why was he smiling at me when I had received the worst possible news from him. "I heard some good news today..." The doctor took a seat and crossed his legs before continuing. "I heard that there is a possible cure for cancer that is being produced. I was shocked. Never before had a cure been found, nothing but surgery and chemotherapy and radiation could get rid of cancer, and even then it wasn't a deffinite that it wouldn't come back.

I felt a new surge of hope flow through me. I felt tears rise and pour down my cheeks almost instantly.

"However, until it is fully developed I think we should go ahead with the chemotherapy," The doctor kept talking. I nodded, barely able keep my tears from flowing freely.

"Why do I need to? Since there's going to be a cure?" I asked, my voice wavering slightly.

"Hyuk Jae... even though there is a cure in the making...it could several years for it to be tested properly. We just need to fight till that time," The doctor insisted. I was slightly upset but I could understand what he was saying. "That means I have some homework for you. You are really thin Hyuk Jae... and chemotherapy takes a lot out of you... I need you to gain some weight before we begin. So for the next two weeks you need to eat a lot of junk food, gain some weight, ok? You don't need to show up for a schedule next week but in two weeks we will begin your chemotherapy. I suggest you tell whoever's left... as well as the hospital bill will need to be settled..." The doctor kept talking, making my head spin about all the things I needed to do still.

I still hadn't told the other members. It was too hard... it was something I really didn't want to do but after chemotherapy everyone would be able to tell what was going on anyway... after I lost all my hair... after long visits in the hospital... they would begin to wonder what was going on.

I bowed to the doctor before leaving. I walked to the front desk where the noona greeted me and went over my file.

"So you don't need to make an appointment for next week... we will see you in two weeks Hyuk Jae,," The noona smiled happily and sent me on my way. After seeing her once a week for several weeks now we had become somewhat friendly to each other. When I turned to leave I felt that somebody was staring at me. I turned back to look at the front desk noona who had already turned to work on something else.

I turned to leave again, only to find Lee Donghae and Choi Siwon staring at me, their arms crossed over the chests. I was surprised and scared. I wanted to run away but I knew that would look even more suspicious.

"...Hi..." I waved my hand at them. They both grabbed me and pulled me out of the hospital.

"What is going on Hyuk Jae? Why do you keep coming to the hospital?" Siwon asked me.

"How long have you been following me?" I questioned the both of them. Donghae still hadn't said a word.

"Since you left the dorm this morning," Siwon replied. "Now answer my questions," He demanded.

"I-I...can't tell you yet." I looked away from them, down at my shoe laces. Siwon leaned in toward me, staring me down harshly.

"You better tell us, Hyuk Jae," Siwon growled. "Or we will tell everyone that you've been sneaking off to the hospital every week," Siwon warned. I wanted to run away from them but there was no escape route.

"Let me speak to him. Alone." Donghae finally talked although he seemed rather unamused by the fact. Siwon sighed and walked away. Donghae took a seat next to me, although not close enough to touch.

"I asked you what was wrong that day... and you lied to me...can't you tell me now? Now that I know a little bit?" Donghae asked, his voice a whisper. I frowned. I wanted to be comforted by him more than anyone. He was the first person I wanted to tell anything to, but I didn't want to see the pain in his eyes or in his heart when he found out.

"I'll tell you... if you tell me why you were mad the other day..." I promised. Donghae stared at me for a while before sighing loudly.

"I saw you... and... Heechul," Donghae explained. I thought back to that day. Heechul had crawled into my bed and wrapped an arm around me. We had fallen asleep together even though it was highly unintentional. I looked back at Donghae whose face had gotten red just thinking about it. "It really made me angry, Hyuk Jae. I still think of you as only belonging to me. Mianhae," He bowed his head.

I felt guilty for allowing Heechul to control me from the beginning. For allowing Donghae to be heartbroken because of me. Seeing Donghae like this, I hated it. I hated it so much that I was willing to do anything to cheer him up. I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tightly. Just touching him washed my own worries away, made me feel like I could defeat this cancer and be able to keep Super Junior together forever.

Donghae hugged me back tightly. He obviously had gotten the same feeling.

"I still love you Lee Donghae," I whispered in his ear. The hug tightened with one firm squeeze on his side.

"I love you too Hyukkie," Donghae whispered back. He ended the hug with that and I could see tears forming in his eyes. "Now can you tell me?" Donghae asked, not forgetting about the whole reason he had follwed me here.

"I-I...." My voice shaked from the beginning. I remembered the strong embrace we had just shared. "I have cancer, Donghae..." I said the words. As much as it scared me to say it, it felt good to actually talk to someone about it, but the look on Donghae's face was even worse than I thought it would be. This time tears didn't simply form, they fell heavily, like a river.

 

th_stillanidiot.jpg

 

ChulHyuk scandal

 

EUNAE HWAITING. Mianhae all heehyuk lovers. I just had to do it....

-LHY