Ending 2

Barely Even Friends At First

The next day I held my press conference, wearing a wool hat over my bald head, dark rings circling my eyes. I sat in front a large group of people, taking pictures and talking loudly. I remained silent until I was cued to start the official announcement. I felt my lips becoming dry as I waited and continuously sipped water out of a cup. I had never been more nervous in my life. I didn't want to tell anyone yet, while at the same time I knew my fans had the right to know. They've been supportive the entire time and they deserved to know.

I cleared my throat as Leeteuk quieted the crowd. A lot of Super Junior fans had showed up, as well as the magazine press and newspaper writers. I stared out into the crowd wishing for this day to be over quickly. I was still upset over the loss of Heechul to the army. I was still angry with Donghae for trying to fill my thoughts of other things. Things other than Heechul.

I cleared my thoughts as the crowd became dead silent. Everyone's eyes were on me. On the wool hat I was wearing. I sighed as I stood, grabbing a microphone with both my hands. I forced a smile to my face.

"Hello everyone," I said into the microphone. Several screams and many replies of "I love you" came from the audience in front of me. Several more flashes of cameras went off, blinding me for a second. But I was used to it. I turned to walk closer to the audience. "Sorry for calling you out here on this cold day," I made small talk, delaying the thing I didn't want to talk about. More screams came from the crowd. "So I know you are wondering why I did call you out here...wondering why I'm wearing this wool hat...and even wondering why I have no hair..." I spoke calmly into the microphone.

"Are you going to the army too?" A newsreporter held another microphone towards me. I smiled and shook my head.

"I'm not entering the army," I sighed as I looked over the crowd once more. Eager faces stared back at me. "The reason why I have no hair is because I've been diagnose with cancer," I let that fact sink in, and the more it did the quieter it got. Faces fell. Girls began to cry, wiping their faces endlessly. Then it got noisy again.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" "How serious is your condition" "Will you not be in Super Junior activities anymore?" All the questions meshed together. I didn't answer any of them.

"I called this meeting because I wanted you to know. That is all." I turned to make my leave, escaping to the black Super Junior vehicles to return me back home, to my parents and to my sister. Where I wouldn't have to think about Super Junior or about singing. I held my head high but it couldn't stop the tears from dropping down my face. I slid into the van that belonged to Super Junior, sobbing into my hand. I knew I did the right thing. I knew I had to tell my biggest supporters about my greatest downfall. However, it seemed that it was also my biggest despair... letting go of everything I knew... dancing, singing, Super Junior... and most of all my family members, which included: Leeteuk, Kangin, Heechul, Hankyung, Sungmin, Shindong, Siwon, Yesung, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, Kibum and Donghae.

As the van began to roll away from the venue a hand slipped into mine. I turned my head slowly, recognizing Donghae immediately. I wiped my eyes, not wanting to seem so weak in front of him.

"Cry," Donghae stated, patting his shoulder for me. My wall fell down as I leaned into him, sobbing my eyes out completely on his shirt, his hand rubbing my back gently.


A year passed in the same manner. I continued to stay at my parents home whenever I wasn't at the hospital. Which was rare. The members continued to visit me, however, no one more than Donghae.

Heechul no longer visited me, even on his days off from the army. He and I both knew, our relationship was an act. A way for me to deal with the terrible news I had received, and it was also a way to help Donghae through another tragedy.

Today, however, was my last day at the hospital for a while. I was going to go home and spend time with my family and recuperate from the chemotherapy I had received. When I returned to the hospital the next time, I would receive the cancer antidote and hopefully receive a clean bill of health. Everyone was still unsure about the antidote, though. I was one of the very first people who would be testing out the cancer antidote. However, so far, it seemed very likely that I would be cancer free in no time.

I turned my head as I heard a knock on my hospital door. Donghae was leaning against the doorway with a grin placed on his face.

"Here to pick me up?" I smiled back at him, grabbing my bags off the bed. Before I knew what happened I was lifted into the air and twirled around. A laugh escaped my lips as I was set on my feet once more, facing the gorgeous and perfect Lee Donghae. "Someone is excited," I said, lifting my hand to run through the brownish locks of the man in front of me.

Donghae still didn't say anything, but took my hand, raised my pointer finger, and slid a ring on. I looked down in shock and then back up in question.

"It fits perfectly," Donghae finally said something, before pecking my lips gently. He entwined our fingers, my ring clinking against a similar one on his pointer finger. It had already been some time since our relationship matched the one before I had gotten cancer. "Let's go," Donghae said as he turned to go.

"Eunhyuk-shi!" A nurse ran into the room, half out of breath. Donghae and I both looked at her, looking very confused.

"What is it?" Donghae asked her, rushing to her side to make sure she was alright. The nurse kneeled over, placing her hands on her knees, as she tried to catch her breath.

"Thank goodness you're still here! The doctor wants to see you!" The nurse said as soon as she caught her breath. My eyebrows raised in question as I turned to look to Donghae. "Please follow me!" She said, turning to leave the room. I dropped my bag back on the bed, taking Donghae's hand in mine, as we followed the nurse down the hall.

We walked towards the center of the floor, waited for an elevator to take us up two levels, and walked even further down a set of offices before we reached my doctors'. I entered the room slowly, noticing my doctor sitting at his chair, looking up something on his computer. Donghae and I both took a seat, hand-in-hand, ready to face whatever it was.

"Hyuk Jae..." My doctor turned to me, surprised to notice Donghae there as well. He cleared his throat. "I want to show you something," My doctor said and pulled up an x-ray on his computer. "What can you see?" The doctor asked.

I stared at the x-ray for a while. "I see the x-ray of a body..." I said. My doctor nodded.

"What else?" He asked.

"Sorry for being rude sir... but he isn't a doctor... you are," Donghae grunted, baffled by the doctors actions. I patted Donghae's arm, letting him know it was ok.

My doctor smiled at the both of use. "Then can you guess who this x-ray belongs to?" My doctor turned to Donghae. Donghae bowed his head, defeated. "It belongs to you Hyuk Jae... This x-ray tells us that you're cancer free!" My doctor smiled at me, showing me the x-ray again.

I blinked in shock, unsure of what to do or what to say, but I didn't have to do or say anything as Donghae took care of that. He lifted me out of the chair, made me jump up and down out of shock, and planted kisses across my face. I heard my doctor clear his throat several times before excusing himself out of the room. I hit Donghae's shoulder several times before I could look him in the eye.

"We are going to be together forever. You and I," Donghae smiled, leaning his head down to place his lips on mine.

 


 

So sorry for the long wait.

Here's the 2nd ending.

Donghae's happy ending.

I marked this story as complete because it technically is.

I just have one more ending to write.

See you soon :]

LHY