chemotherapy

Barely Even Friends At First

Eunhyuk POV

 

I woke up the next morning, due to my cellphone continuously ringing and vibrating next to my ear. I shot up, answering my phone quickly. It was my manager, wondering where the hell I was...and Heechul. I explained that I was safe but didn't give my exact whereabouts. It also reminded me of where I was supposed to go today.

I hung up the phone quickly. I needed to be at the hospital today...and I needed to be prepared to stay there for awhile. I didn't want to go. I didn't want to leave the comfort of my family and friends. Sure...they had all cleared their schedules to see me off on this important day, but it wasn't possible for them to be by my side all the time. They were busy people, just like I had been...

I shook the sleeping beauty next to me. He was unhappy to be awoken to abruptly but he quickly realized that we needed to leave quickly. We gathered our stuff up, ready to run out of the place.

"Your blanket," Heechul suddenly pointed out that we had forgotten about the bedsheets he had bought for me. I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the elevator.

"Leave it. I'll come back again and use it over, and over again," I explained as we entered the elevator. It was a fast drive over to the dorms so I could gather some things, before I was pulled into a company van that headed straight for the hospital. My feelings became tangled up into one ball of worry as we neared the hospital. I was thankful that I was surrounded by the other members, giving me support and help.

I didn't know how little kids or other people who were diagnosed did it. I began to feel bad that Super Junior hadn't visited these kids more often. In fact there weren't many times that we visited a hospital. I sighed in frustration, wanting nothing more than for the van to turn around and head back in the direction of the dorms.

"It's going to be ok, Hyukkie," Sungmin, who was sitting next to me, grabbed my hand. He was always one of the best friends I've ever had. He always had my back and he was someone I was always able to confide in. I held his hand even tighter, wishing this was all a nightmare I could wake up from but I didn't, and I was admitted to the hospital in no time.

"Hyuk Jae, you may follow us. The rest need to stay out in the waiting room till the treatment is over. The doctor's recommend staying in the hospital for a week following chemotherapy." A nurse explained before walking down the hallway. I slowly followed as I gave a final look to the members. I didn't want to be alone.

"Can't I bring one person?" I asked the nurse. She paused to think about it before nodding her head. I ran back to the group hugging each of them.

"Don't take too long Hyukkie," Leeteuk sobbed. I nodded before grabbing Leeteuk's hand.

"I need my umma," I could barely say above a whisper. Leeteuk hugged me tightly before pushing me down the hallway. We held each others hands tightly.

"This will be your room. Change into the gown on the bed and we will be in shortly," The nurse explained before leaving once more. I looked around the room, finding it quite large for a hospital room. There was even a full size bathroom with a shower. I grabbed the gown, staring at the plain white and blue designs on it. It was pitiful looking, not that I was much better.

"Go ahead and change," Leeteuk whispered. I slowly walked into the bathroom, stripping down to my boxers and throwing the gown over me. I returned to the main room, putting my clothes away in the bag that I had brought along with me. I sat on the bed, ready to have a deep conversation with Leeteuk.

"Hyung, you will protect Super Junior right?" I asked slowly. He stared at me with sad eyes, tears threatening to escape. I didn't want to see that expression on him even though I've seen it several times.

"Till death I will," He smiled softly, patting my arm. "Ugh I wish Siwon was in here. We could all say a prayer together," Leeteuk sighed.

"When Donghae and I broke up... I was doing it to protect Super Junior," I confessed to Leeteuk. He stared at me in surprise and I could tell that a million questions were running through his head. "Heechul confessed to me that night, and said that if I didn't break up with him Super Junior would break up... I couldn't allow that to happen," I continued to explain. Leeteuk leaned forward to pat my head.

"You will forever be a part of Super Junior. Thank you for protecting us... but you didn't need to do something so reckless," Leeteuk tried to comfort me. I shook my head.

"At first I thought I was doing what was needed of me...but it ended up being a good decision. Doing that, I gave Donghae the seperation we needed. If we had stayed to together and been the person to find out that I was diagnosed with cancer in this way...he would be devastated. Heechul...is a blessing," I smiled as a tear slipped down my cheek.

"Are we ready?" A doctor and a nurse entered the room, the nurse pushing a cart full of things. I nodded, having no words left for what was about to come. The nurse pulled out a needle, shocking me.

"Is it possible not to use a needle? He's deathly afraid," Leeteuk spoke up. I was glad I had him to say something.

"I'm sorry, using an IV is the best way," The nurse explained. I grabbed Leeteuk's hand and looked away as the nurse grabbed my hand. I felt her messing around with the veins on my hand, and then a sharp pinch made me bite back a scream. "Sorry..." The nurse whispered. They continued on with their work as I looked away and Leeteuk held my hand tightly.

"Ok Hyuk Jae, be strong. We are beginning chemotherapy now," The doctor explained. The nurse began to play around with my hand again and then it seemed like it was all over. "We will be back in an hour to see how you are handling the chemo and give you another round. I will let your friends back to see you, but I'm sure you will be feeling tired in no time," The doctor explained.

"Thank you doctor," Leeteuk said before the doctor left. I moaned as I stared at the IV in my hand, and the uncomfortable feeling it brought along with it. "You are so brave Hyukkie," Leeteuk patted my arm and smiled at me just like a mother would comfort her child.

In no time everyone poured into my hospital room, staring at me quietly.

"Oh Hyuk Jae I thought you were going to die!" Ryeowook cried and came forward to hug me right away. He was always dramatic and just as much as a cryer as I was. I hugged him tightly.

"Is that a needle?" Kang In pointed to the thing on my hand. I nodded. "And you lived?" He joked. Everyone knew my fear of needles.

"Hyuk Jae," My mom came forward to pat my head. I looked up at the older woman, who I still admired for doing as much as she could to support her family.

"I love you mom," I whispered. She smiled and whispered back that she loved me too. I was grateful to have so many people supporting me. I looked around the room at all the people who were here to support me, and who would support me till the end.

There was nothing like the everlasting support that the members gave me and everyone else.

 

 


 

I got my swim trunks and my flippy-floppies~~ (Submitted by quachrocket)(Submitted by myrrage)yeahkpopmacros:  submitted by sinlover   LOLWUTMade by curiouscake!

Here ya go. Its a rather short chapter but I hope you enjoy and don't cry too much. I get depressed when everyone keeps commenting that they cry with every chapter. I try not to be evil...really :D

 

so ugh my sister is the Korean club president at her university and the club is holding a running man game this friday. lets just say im totally hype cause I'm going to be playing as well. It should be fun and I may upload a video and pictures later on.

OK ill let you go on your merry ways and find happier fanfics to read other than this one after I mention one last thing hehe

I put up another EunHae FanFic that I will be beginning shortly, so if you should go check it out!

-LHY