date

Barely Even Friends At First

Eunhyuk POV

 

I woke up the next morning with a start. It was still dark out but I could feel donghae's shirt still wrapped around me. I relaxed back into my mattress feeling as if Donghae's arms were wrapped tightly around me. I sat back up when I saw a dark shadow move in the corner of my room. I moved farther away in my mattress, scared of who it might be.

"Who are you?" I questioned the dark figure. There was no answer but the light to my room , revealing a torn down, sad looking Donghae.

"Mianhae, Hyuk Jae... I couldn't sleep..." Donghae said. I studied him... his thin body that seemed to have gotten thinner in the past few days, his untidy hair that usuallyis always perfect, and the dark rings around his eyes proving how tired he must be.I looked away afraid I had been staring at him too long. I pitied him... I didn't want him to be this way... I didn't want him to act like he had lost his father all over again...

I felt my bed sink a little and turned to find Donghae sitting on the edge of my bed, his head in his hands. His back was hunched over in an unusual manner for Donghae. "Are you really ok? Without me? Lee Hyuk Jae?" Donghae questioned me. I sighed. I wanted to say no but I couldn't. I couldn't ruin Super Junior like that, I couldn't face the facts and let the people who I saw as my family disappear.

"Donghae..." I spoke his name for the first time in a long time but before I could say anything else I was flat on my back on my bed, Donghae on top of me. His hair dangled down, covering his face making his apearance even more dark and dangerous than before.

"Why won't you let me protect you Lee Hyuk Jae? I can be there for you... I'll follow you anywhere... Just don't shut me out of your life.." Donghae begged. I looked away, feeling my heartbeat speed up.

"Donghae..." I grabbed his wrist to pull him off of me so I could sit up again. "I don't need protection. What I need is for you to stay with Super Junior. What I need now is for Super Junior to stay together. Forever. All ready too many of us have left.. Kibum..Hangeng..." I insisted. I still had a hold of his wrist.

"Lee Hyuk Jae... if you don't need me...why did you fall asleep with my shirt?" I was surprised by Donghae's question and looked down at the shirt that was still wrapped around me tightly. I swallowed before I faced Donghae.

"I was cold, I grabbed a shirt...I didn't know it was yours..." I said to Donghae with as straight a face as possible. Donghae was surprised at my answer and so was I. Being so cold to him was heartbreaking, for the both of us I was sure. Donghae stood, breaking my grasp on his wrist.

"You say all you need is for Super Junior to stay together? Then I will stay...not for this family but for you Lee Hyuk Jae. If it means that I can stay by your side... Remember I will always be here for you. I'll always be waiting for you to come back...always!" Donghae insisted before he took his leave of the room. I sighed heavily, running a hand through my hair. It wasn't easy dealing with an upset, heartbroken Donghae...but at least I could count on his words. Super Junior would surely forever be together.

I got out of bed to turn on my lights once again before crawling back into bed, throwing the covers over the lower half of my body and wrapping myself up tightly in Donghae's shirt once again. I almost fell asleep once more when I remembered about Heechul and I's date later today. I groaned slightly...unsure of what to do. My feelings were all mixed up between love and like.

Wasn't it more possible that I only like Heechul hyung because he was the only one who was willing to talk to me in a friendly level right now? That he was the only one that was willing and that could help me through this rough patch in life... I shook my head to clear my thoughts. It really sounded like I was having my mid-life crisis right now. I closed my eyes tightly hoping that it would keep my mind blank.

 

 

 

I woke up later that morning, the sun shining brightly into my eyes and birds chirping loudly right outside my window. I groaned as I sat up in bed and stretched out. I was still had Donghae's shirt wrapped tightly around me and the talk I had with him last night made me want to fall back asleep. I had wanted to comfort him but my need to protect Super Junior stood in that way. I had already put Super Junior in danger by talking for so long with Donghae but as long as Heechul didn't find out everything would be ok.

A knock came on my door. I looked up to find Sungmin poking his head in. Sungmin and I had always been pretty close friends, but ever since I broke up with Donghae things haven't been the same. I stood up and straightened out my bed.

"Come in," I called to Sungmin. He walked in, closing the door behind him.

"Hi Hyuk Jae," Sungmin said, his voice was light and playful. "Can we talk?" He asked.

"Of course, Sungmin! Please sit," I hinted at my bed. We both sat down. I owed a lot to him, for always being my best friend, for always being there for me. I felt bad for never seeming to be there for him. "What's wrong?" I asked. Sungmin sat it silence, twiddling his thumbs as he came up with something to say.

"N-Nothing... I just wanted you to know that even though a lot of us can't understand your behavior that we still love and support you. More importantly...I want you to know that I'm still here for you whenever you need me." Sungmin spoke up. He was always shy with brotherly love.

I felt better now that I knew how the members felt, that I knew how one of my best friends felt. If only they knew that I was doing everything for them... Another knock came on my door and it opened to show a well dressed Heechul standing in the door with a smile on his face. His smile lessened a little when he noticed Sungmin in the room.

"Hi Heechul," I said and turned back to Sungmin. He had a frown on his face but smiled when he turned back to look at me.

"I'll go now but just remember what I said, ok?" Sungmin asked. I nodded and showed him out of my room. As I closed the door I felt two strong arms wrap around my mid section.

"What did Sungmin tell you?" Heechul asked. I turned to face him, breaking his hug.

"He told me that he is always here for me, that Super Junior will always support me," I told Heechul. He nodded.

"I told you that Super Junior will always be together... now that you are with me." Heechul smiled and sat down on my bed where Sungmin had just been sitting. I remembered last night, when Donghae had sat on my bed. I looked away afraid that my face may give away what had happened.

"I can't stay long...I just wanted to remind you about tonight's date.. we are still on right?" Heechul asked. I nodded. Heechul smiled happily before giving me a small peck on my cheek and leaving the room after he told me that he would pick me up at seven thirty.

 

After finishing a small magazine interview at SM Ent. I returned back to the dorm to try and figure out what to wear. Everyone else had other schedules to attend to so I returned to an empty dorm room. I sighed with relief as I went directly to my room. I was unsure of what to wear...Heechul hadn't told me if we were going to a fancy restaurant or not. I looked through my wardrobe and found a pinstripe suit.

I stripped out of my clothes and into the suit. Looking at myself in the mirror I didn't feel like myself. I normally wore loose clothes unless we were going to a red carpet event or for some music videos. I didn't like the way I looked in a suit. I shrugged and went back out to the living room. I was slightly nervous about this date. I didn't know what to think of it... especially since it was with someone who I had been forced to like.

That's when the doorbell rang. I answered it to find Heechul standing outside the door, a smile on his face. He was wearing a suit as well, sunglasses placed over his eyes. He eyed me up and down.

"Very nice," He winked and pushed me out the door. We walked quietly down the hall to the garage where Heechul's car was placed. Because so many fans lurked around we simply just got in his car and drove off. It wasn't until we were down the road when Heechul reached over and took my hand in his. "Are you ok?" Heechul asked me.

I nodded slowly, staring at his wickedly attractive face.

"It's just you seem to have been kind of quiet all day today," Heechul insisted.

"Really? I haven't noticed," I smiled. Heechul smiled back.

"I hope you enjoy tonight," Heechul spoke as he pulled into a parking lot owned by a fancy, expensive looking restaurant. We walked into the restaurant shoulder to shoulder until we reached the check in desk. I was sure now that this place was very expensive since you needed to have reservations ahead of time.

"Ah, Mr. Kim.. We have your table this way... your party is waiting for you.." The waiter led the way back and began explaining tonights specials but I couldn't pay attention to that. Who else was appearing here tonight for Heechul? It wasn't just going to be the two of us? Should I feel relieved or upset about that?

Kim Heechul... you have a lot of explaining to do...

 


 

yay another chapter done. hope you enjoy it once again and ill try to update again soon :] school starts again for to me tomorrow and can you believe it? I'm a senior in college... time flys so you have to always enjoy it, ara?

-LHY