released

Barely Even Friends At First

 

Two days after Donghae’s visit I was released from the hospital. Everyone came to see me off since I had decided to live with my parents for the time being. Although I knew I would miss the members, it would be hard for me to live with people who had busy schedules.

It was also easy for the members to get sick so it was an unsafe environment for me to be in. However, I was living with parents with promises that the members would visit me whenever they could. Before going straight home we decided to go eat together, as I was getting my appetite back and needed to regain my energy for another hospital visit in two weeks.

We stopped at a small restaurant that was in the middle of nowhere, and were not many people were. No one seemed to recognize that we were Super Junior but that may have been because of the member’s superb disguises.

Most of the members were quiet as they ate, while others continued to babble on about schedules that were coming up. I sat between Leeteuk omma and Heechul, both talking loudly over the other members. Sungmin sat across from me, who was quiet but I got the feeling he was stealing glances at me.

“Hyukkie... how are you feeling?” Sungmin suddenly asked me. I finished chewing the food I was eating before smiling at him.

“Today I feel great... I’m back with the members and my family... and not stuck in a hospital room,” I said. The members smiled at me, Leeteuk wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

“We are glad to be back with you too Hyukkie,” Leeteuk spoke for everyone in the room. I continued eating, feeling great about having real food in my stomach again.

“Next week...Heechul is leaving for the army... a fan meeting and good-bye session is being prepared...” Leeteuk informed the group. I remained silent as I thought about how much I would miss Heechul... about only having a week left to spend with him... and not to mention how I would seem healthy in front of the fans.

I put down my chopsticks, no longer feeling as hungry as I was a minute ago. I excused myself from the table, making my way to the bathroom. As I entered the men’s room I became nauseous. I ran into one of the stalls and expelled all the food I had just eaten. I sat on the floor of the bathroom, whimpering softly.

I didn’t want to lose one of my best friends... I didn’t want to lose everything I had built with Super Junior... Why was this happening to me? But I wasn’t given the time to think about it as another wave of nauseasness.

“Hyuk Jae?” I heard a males voice call out for me. I wiped my mouth, pushing myself off the floor of the bathroom.

“What is it?” I questioned the unknown person.

The door to the stall I was in opened abruptly. I quickly leaned over to press the flush button on the toilet before looking to see who it was.

“Hyuk Jae,” Sungmin looked at me worriedly. I raised my eyebrows at him. “Are you not feeling well? Your face is pale...” Sungmin put a hand to my forehead.

“I’m fine,” I tried to smile, but I could tell that Sungmin didn’t believe me.

“Hyukkie... you obviously threw up...” He clicked his tongue at me, disappointed that I lied.

“I’m fine really... It just came to me when I got to the restroom,” I explained. He nodded.

“Are you ready to go out?” He asked. I didn’t answer as I got dizzy instantly. I leaned against the bathroom stall, closing my eyes. “Hyukkie?” I felt Sungmin’s hand on my waist. “Do you need to go back to the hospital?” He questioned.

“No,” I said automatically. I didn’t want to go back. I needed to stay with the members and my family for the short time that I had.

“Ok...let me help you...I’ll take you back out to sit down,” Sungmin said. He wrapped my arm around his shoulders before shuffling us together out of the bathroom stall.

“Thank you Sungmin... you’ve always been here for me...helping me,” I said blankly... my head still spinning.

“That’s what best friends are for,” Sungmin replied and I was sure he was smiling, although I couldn’t focus on him long enough to see it.

We slowly made our way back to our table, everyone getting up when they saw Sungmin half helping half dragging me to the table.

“Hyuk Jae!” I heard my mom’s sad voice. Several hands were now helping me back into my chair. “What happened?” I heard my mom’s voice again.

“He got sick and then dizzy... he says he doesn’t want to go back to the hospital...” Sungmin explained. I leaned on the table in front of me, keeping my eyes shut tightly.

“Here Hyukkie... drink some water... It might help you feel better,” I heard Leeteuk’s voice. I leaned back opening my eyes slowly. Leeteuk brought the glass to my lips. I sipped down the water easily, feeling slightly better.

“It’s probably from lack of food... and then eating too much today...” Yesung spoke. I smiled as I looked around the table once more. Everyone I carried about was here...with me... I was really blessed with best friends and family.

“Mom,” I looked to my side finding my mom not too far away. “I think I should go home and rest for a while. “Can everyone stop by a little later?” I asked the group. Everyone automatically agreed. I said a brief farewell before my mom and dad helped me out to the car.

 

 


here you go

sorry for taking forever for an update :3

hope you enjoy

imageimage