Ending 1

Barely Even Friends At First

The next day I held my press conference, wearing a wool hat over my bald head, dark rings circling my eyes. I sat in front a large group of people, taking pictures and talking loudly. I remained silent until I was cued to start the official announcement. I felt my lips becoming dry as I waited and continuously sipped water out of a cup. I had never been more nervous in my life. I didn't want to tell anyone yet, while at the same time I knew my fans had the right to know. They've been supportive the entire time and they deserved to know.

I cleared my throat as Leeteuk quieted the crowd. A lot of Super Junior fans had showed up, as well as the magazine press and newspaper writers. I stared out into the crowd wishing for this day to be over quickly. I was still upset over the loss of Heechul to the army. I was still angry with Donghae for trying to fill my thoughts of other things. Things other than Heechul.

I cleared my thoughts as the crowd became dead silent. Everyone's eyes were on my. On the wool hat I was wearing. I sighed as I stood, grabbing a microphone with both my hands. I forced a smile to my face.

"Hello everyone," I said into the microphone. Several screams and many replies of "I love you" came from the audience in front of me. Several more flashes of cameras went off, blinding me for a second. But I was used to it. I turned to walk closer to the audience. "Sorry for calling you out here on this cold day," I made small talk, delaying the thing I didn't want to talk about. More screams came from the crowd. "So I know you are wondering why I did call you out here...wondering why I'm wearing this wool hat...and even wondering why I have no hair..." I spoke calmly into the microphone.

"Are you going to the army too?" A newsreporter held another microphone towards me. I smiled and shook my head.

"I'm not entering the army," I sighed as I looked over the crowd once more. Eager faces stared back at me. "The reason why I have no hair is because I've been diagnose with cancer," I let that fact sink in, and the more it did the quieter it got. Faces fell. Girls began to cry, wiping their faces endlessly. Then it got noisy again.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" "How serious is your condition" "Will you not be in Super Junior activities anymore?" All the questions meshed together. I didn't answer any of them.

"I called this meeting because I wanted you to know. That is all." I turned to make my leave, escaping to the black Super Junior vehicles to return me back home, to my parents and to my sister. Where I wouldn't have to think about Super Junior or about singing. Where I would be caught thinking about Heechul endlessly.


Like this a year slowly went by, long weeks I spent in the hospital, playing with the children and thinking about Heechul. I didn't have time for much else. Or at least I didn't make time for anything else. There were somedays where I felt well enough to send a few messages out to my fans, and to make phone calls to some of the members. However, I remained my distance from Donghae.

I couldn't look at him anymore. It was as though all my feelings for him left when Heechul left. When I heard him and Leeteuk talking it was as though a very strong line was broken. I didn't blame him. Or, maybe I didn't have the guts to hate him when I thought of dying soon. But I couldn't return to his side any longer. I couldn't hurt him by being next to him and thinking of another man.

My progress became better, the cancer cells almost disappearing like magic. The cancer antidote still hadn't come but it looked as though I wouldn't need it. I felt the need to dance and to sing once again take over my life. When I was feeling well enough I would sing or rap in my hospital room, practicing with my weak vocal chords from weeks of not practicing. Somedays I would even push myself off of my bed and try to remaster my old dancing techniques.

It often ended up with me on the floor coughing, and a doctor or nurse running in to tell me to never do that again. However I continued and I felt myself gain the muscle I had lost while spending weeks in the hospital, over a toilet, puking my guts out. The members continuously came to visit...except for Leeteuk. He left not too long ago for the army as well. Unlike with Heechul, I couldn't see him leave.

My family spent most of their time coming to see me in the hospital. Bringing me little trinkets that fans had left for me...and other things...like tasty food. Around the anniversary of my diagnosis of cancer the doctors returned to see me, showing me dark x-rays of my insides. There were no white masses of what the doctor, or of what I could see.

"You are free to leave Hyuk Jae," A doctor told me, a smile apparent on his face. After a year of fighting and believing I was going to die I was finally being told that I was going to live. That I wouldn't have to step into another hospital for months, unless I felt sick. I was going to be able to regrow my hair, to restart my life...to be part of Super Junior again. In another year Heechul would be out of the army. I smiled at this thought. "Would you like us to call your parents to pick you up?" One of the nurses asked as she patted my back. I shook my head.

"I want to surprise them," I said. Whispered. The nurses nodded and left, leaving me to change my clothes and gather my things. I left the bed sheets messy and instantly went to the front desk to check out. Afterwards I set foot out into the real world, viewing things a lot brighter than I had the past couple of months. I looked around, breathing in the scent of clean air. It was chilly. Cold. The warm jacket I had one prevented me from shivering.

I walked down the hospital walk way to the sidewalk that led rather quickly to the train station. I hadn't been in a subway car for the longest time. It was hard for me to remember the last time. After arriving at my destination, I walked along the streets, peering into shop windows, viewing all the clothes on display.

It didn't take long for a few fans to notice me.

That's Hyuk Jae, ne? I heard them whispering amongst themselves and smiled. One brave lady came up directly, asking me if I was Hyuk Jae. I nodded, instantly allowing a large group to surround me like bees to honey. I smiled to everyone that surrounded me. Shook as many hands as I could.

"What are you doing out Eunhyuk-shi?" They asked me. I continued smiling but stopped walking along, turning to face all of them.

"I'm out because I received some good news today. Do you want to hear?" I asked them. Every one of them shouted for me to tell them. "I am now cancer free," I announced loudly. They all looked at me in shock before jumping up and down, tears clinging to their eyelashes. Even I felt warm tears slide down the side of my face as I jumped and played with all of them. Not wanting to bother me anymore they all said their farewells and I found myself on the street once more, a bigger smile on my face.

I continued walking until I heard my cell phone go off. I let it go, not thinking it to be an important phone call. I stopped in front of a jewelry store, looking at the jewels on display and some of the prices. I continued to stand there as I heard a car speeding past, slamming on the breaks and then parking almost directly behind me. I slowly turned finding a familiar black car. The door opened. A man in an army suit climbed out of the front seat.

Short hair. Dark scary eyes. A familiar face.

"Hyuk Jae," A dark voice. Also familiar.

"H-Heechul...What?" I walked towards him, unable to think of what to actually say to him. He ran up to me, pulling me into a deathening grip.

"Why didn't you answer your phone?! Why are you out walking by yourself?" Heechul's worried voice made me calm down. He had visited as much as he could, whenever they had a chance off from the army. "...I was released from the army. My service is over," Heechul finally explained to me, his breath caressing my temple. I pulled away slightly, still keeping him close enough to have my arms wrapped around him.

"...I also have good news. I was diagnosed cancer free today!" I smiled at him, unable to contain my excitement. He stared at me with bewilderment at first, before swinging me around.

"This is the best day of my life!" He shouted. Unable to contain his own excitement. He dropped me back down to my feet, holding me steady, taking my hand and pulling me into the store I was just looking into. He pulled me up to the counter. "Be with me Hyuk Jae," He said my real name. "Forever," He took my breath away and I could do nothing but stand there and nod.


Aff ok so this is only the first ending out of three. Basically this is Heechul's happy ending.

What do you think? Be honest.

Love you all. ^__^

LHY