preparing for treatment

Barely Even Friends At First

Eunhyuk POV

 

I woke up the next morning on the floor of my living room, preparing for another long day of being surrounded by the members. I looked around to find every single member lying around me in the living room. We hadn't done this in a long time. We were usually busy with our schedules and liked to sleep in our beds for the short few hours that we got. Heechul was leaned up against me, his head on my shoulder, fast asleep.

I looked across the room, finding Donghae leaning up against a couch, Sungmin and Siwon leaning on him, each of them holding one of Donghae's hands. I stared at them, wishing I could have been one of them to hold Donghae's hands through the night. As I was staring, Donghae blinked his eyes open. He looked confused at first but the realisation came rushing back. That was when he noticed I was awake. We stared at each other for a long time, before Donghae realised who was sleeping next to me.

"Donghae..." I mouthed. He watched me intently. "I love you," I mouthed again, slightly afraid that Heechul would wake up and notice something was up. Donghae nodded, looking a little less murderous than a few seconds ago. I received a text message and opened my inbox to see who it was from. One of the managers was asking to meet with me. I sighed and got up slowly, placing Heechul's head against the couch.

I went back to my room to get changed so I could go into SM Entertainment to meet with the manager. I could tell it was already going to be a long day. I was going to have to figure out how I was going to tell the world about my disappearance...why I wouldn't be appearing on the stage any longer. I through on a new pair of pants and an smtown shirt.

"Hyukkie?" Donghae was the one to peek his head inside my room. I stared at him. "You have to go somewhere?" He asked. I nodded and turned to grab my bag.

"I need to go to SM Entertainment to meet with one of the managers," I replied.

"I'll go with you," Donghae insisted. I shook my head and smiled.

"It will be really boring. You should stay here and let the others know where I went," I insisted. I patted him on the shoulder as I prepared to leave. Donghae stopped me to place a scarf around my neck and to kiss my forehead.

"Be careful," He whispered. I nodded and smiled, touching Donghae's cheek. I left my room to find out that everyone had practically waken up already.

"Eunhyuk! Where are you going?" Leeteuk asked, worrying about me already.

"I need to go speak with one of the managers," I explained simply.

"I'm going," Leeteuk demanded. Everyone looked at me with the same hope in their eyes that they could go along.

"It's going to be really boring for you," I explained.

"We don't care, Hyuk Jae! We want to be there for you! We want to know what's going to be happening," Sungmin spoke. Everyone agreed with his words. I looked around to find Heechul who was sitting on a couch, unmoving and not saying a word.

"It's up to you," I said began to walk to the door. By the time I stepped out into the hallway, everyone was ready to go. Sungmin wrapped an arm around me. With a large group it was easy for us to be spotted. We had to stop several times because of fans wanting autographs and other things. I wasn't in the mood to sign anything so I simply stayed in the middle letting everyone else sign.

"Eunhyuk!" I saw an elderly lady call my name. She had a pen and paper in her hand but she was standing next to a girl in a wheelchair. I broke my stride from the group, walking over to them. The woman stared at me in surprisement for a minute. "Can you sign your autograph for my daughter? She's really ill and she's your fan..." The woman held out the small booklet to me. I smiled and took it before kneeling down in front of the girl.

"What's your name?" I asked, taking the girl's hand in mine.

"Suhyun," The girl spoke with a cute voice, staring at me in amazement. "Oppa..." The girl's voice went to a whisper and she motioned for me to move closer. I put my ear closer to . "Can you be with Donghae oppa?" The girl asked. I backed away slowly.

"You have a smart daughter," I looked up at the older woman, who was happy that her daughter was getting her wish. I looked down at the piece of paper in my hand.

SuHyun,

You have to work hard to get better and become a very beautiful lady.

I'll let you know my secret.

I love Donghae, I'll be with him always!

So get better soon so you can see our happy faces always!

My number: 3475-2654. Call me when you get bored :]

Lee Hyuk Jae

 

I handed the paper to the girl along with the pen. I patted her head and stood, bowing to the mother before turning back to the members.

"Come on Hyuk Jae! We're going to miss the subway!" Shindong yelled. I hurried up to catch up with them. It only took one stop and some more walking before we were in front of SM Entertainment. I was beginning to get nervous about what my manager was going to say.

We walked together to the office where I was called in immediately. Everyone else had to stay outside in the waiting area.

"Take a seat Hyuk Jae," My manager insisted. I bowed before taking the seat. I waited patiently while my manager seemed to gather his thoughts.

"When does your chemotherapy begin?" He asked suddenly.

"In two weeks," I replied. The manager put his head in his hands. They were taking this just as bad as the members.

"You know the other managers and I will support you. We've seen you and the other's grow from the beginning," The manager began to tear up. I nodded.

"Don't worry. I'll fight my hardest to get over this," I whispered. The manager nodded, bowing his head to regain his composure which took several minutes.

"We are going to need to take you off schedules then," The manager sniffled. I nodded. "Do you want to keep your cancer a secret or would you like to cover up why you can't make your schedules?" The manager asked. I had the hardest time answering this question. I didn't want to lie to the fans or to my co-workers but I didn't want everyone to be worried as well.

"Can we keep it a secret for now? After I begin to loose my hair, someone is deffinitely going to find out though...can we have a back up plan ready?" I asked the manager. He nodded, tears bubbling up again.

"We'll take care of it for you Hyuk Jae," He managed to say before waving me off. I bowed but the manager turned around in his chair, holding a hand over his face. I left his office to several curious faces. I smiled at them all.

"I'll tell you all over lunch ok?" They nodded. Instead of taking the sunway back we received a van from the company to take us to our usual dining place, a place that could fit all of us in one room and gave us enough privacy.

"So what is going to happen?" Leeteuk asked. He couldn't look at me directly.

"They are taking me off a schedule. For now there is going to be some made up reason going around, when people begin to find out they will be prepared to handle it. I'm sure they will fill you in what the reason will be in the future," I spoke softly. Under the table Heechul set his hand on my lap. I reached down and grabbed his hand tightly. Everyone seemed to be accepting the situation except for him. I was worried.

During the middle of lunch, Heechul suddenly put down his chopsticks and faced me.

"Can I talk to you outside?" He asked. I hesitated but nodded slowly. He grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the others. Once outside Heechul embraced me in a tight hug. "Eunhyuk," He sobbed, holding me tighter. My heart reached out for him. He had no forewarning or anything to all of this. He had just gotten me for himself and now it seemed like I was being taken away.

"Heechul..." I whispered his name. "I'm going to be ok...there's nothing to worry about," I made myself and him believe that.

"I can't lose you Eunhyuk...I'll become nothing..." Heechul whispered. I held him tighter, wishing he would stop thinking that he was going to lose me. I would always be his best friend, the person he could come to... the person he could tell anything.

"I'll always be here for you Heechul," I whispered back, relaxing my own nerves as well as his.


 

 

 

so there you have it... no more schedules for our hyukkie... what if that really happened? I think I would die not seeing his smiling face and hearing his funny jokes on shows... or even in concerts...ugh that would be terrible :'[

I wanna thank you all for your comments they really keep me going but I'm also a full time student and I don't have much time to reply. Love you all <3

-LHY