Enlistment Farewell

Barely Even Friends At First

The end of the week came too quickly. It was time to say the goodbye I never asked for. Every inch of me had fought for Super Junior to stay together. Now, things were falling apart slowly, one person after another was leaving. I knew it wasn't forever, but it felt that way. My mother woke me up early, as I had plans to meet the others early so we could go to Heechul's enlistment together. Instead of bothering to get ready I trudged around the house, hoping to make the time slow down. I had hoped this day would never have come.

My mom continuously screamed at me to get ready, that I would regret it if I didn't make it to Heechul's enlistment to say goodbye to him. I wanted to ignore this, even though I knew my mother was right. Just as before I trudged my way up to my room, changing into some nice clothes. I stared at myself in the mirror for the longest time, feeling weird about my bald head. I missed my hair.

My mom barged into my room, to see if I was ready, but she stopped at the door when she noticed my perplexed face. She smiled, walking over to me. She smoothed out my clothes, kissed my cheeks, then looked me in eyes.

"What are you going to do about your hair? You didn't want your fans to know..." My mother asked the question that had been bothering me. It wasn't simple to cover up a bald head. I bowed my head to the floor.

"Nothing. I don't want to lie to them any more." I said softly, grabbing a beanie off of my desk and putting it over my head just as a car honked from outside. I went to my window, seeing two large vehicles parked outside. My mother's hand urged me to hurry, to go downstairs and be reunited with the people I loved, even if it was only for a little while. As with everything else, I took my time going downstairs and even before I could reach the front door Sungmin opened it, looking fearful as he came eye to eye with me. He bounced over to me, gently putting his hand on my arm.

"Are you ready?" He asked. I smiled and nodded, allowing him to lead me out to the car that he was going to be riding in. Sungmin allowed me to jump inside first, landing right next to Donghae. I stared up at Donghae, now more than ever, unsure of how to act next to him. In my confusion he reached over and pulled my seatbelt around me, locking me into the seat. He nodded at me and took my hand. He knew that he would see me crying for someone else today...not only for him. I swallowed, trying to give him a soft smile.

During the quiet car ride I kept my eyes on my hands in my lap. My right hand was still connected to Donghae's left one. I felt guilty...as if I was cheating on someone right in front of their face. There was nothing I could do. I wanted Heechul to remain in my life. It wasn't fair to lose him at this point in my life but everyone says life isn't fair. The car rolled to a stop in front of screaming fans, most of them being girls. I inhaled a deep breath, unsure if I should be here.

We remained silent in our seats for a while, letting the screaming fangirls calm down a little bit before our managers emerged from the car. Heechul was likely already behind the curtains, dressed in full military uniform. I let out the breath I had been holding. Donghae tugged my hand as the door opened and in an instant we were outside, camera flashes going off instantly. Donghae removed his grip on my hand so he could wave to some of the fans or even sign his name. I followed after him, being pushed from behind by Sungmin.

I smiled to our fans but I didn't have the energy for much else. After a few minutes of slow greetings we made it to the front where we were greeted by professional photographers. Instead of paying attention to the photos being taken I looked around to the other members. Their faces were grim, unhappy...not tear stained as of yet. It took a few more minutes and an announcement that Heechul would finally make his appearance. Super Junior split up into two groups, one to the left and one to the right.

Heechul emerged from the curtains, his hair cut short and dressed in the masculine army uniform. He smiled and waved to his fans, showing his famous smirk. He was handed a microphone so he could say a few last words.

"Ah I want to thank all of you who came out to say farewell. I also want to say to my members," Heechul turned slowly, his smile faltering for the first time, his eyes meeting with mine. "I'm very grateful for everything you've given me up to this point. I will come back as a better man. Saranghaeyo," His voice faltered at the last word, tears showing themselves at last. I held a hand over my face, feeling tears heatedly rushing down my cheeks.

I watched as Heechul slowly made his way to hug each member, all of them crying or on the verge of crying. I waited patiently for my turn, desperate for one last hug. I didn't even know that I had been sobbing or that the members around me were hugging me tightly to try and stop my unending tears. I stared at Heechul as he finally ended up in front of me, tears running plainly down his own face. He stared at me for a moment, his face twisting in an unhappy manner. He didn't want to leave either. For a brief moment I thought he was going to skip over me, but that thought was gone once I was crushed against Heechul's body.

I sobbed into his shoulder, clinging onto his uniform with as much energy as I could muster. I didn't want this moment to end but it did and Heechul moved on without a word being said between us. I turned to the closest person next to me, which happened to be Sungmin. He engulfed me in his arms, trying to comfort me as my eyes remained on Heechul. I noticed him whisper something to Donghae before he finally turned to the fans once more, thanking them in a silent effort. He bowed a few times before disappearing behind the curtains once more. It was the end. We wouldn't know when we would get to see him again, how much he would change in these next few months. Would he change at all? Would I see him again?

Thoughts poured into my mind, unending just like the tears I had and continued to spill. Our managers motioned for us to go back to the cars. All of moved slowly towards the cars, our hearts sunk low in our chests. I stopped and looked back at the curtains, hoping to see one last glimpse of the hyung that I had grown so well to know. We had our problems and we were able to get over them. Siwon was behind me, urging me to move forward but my feet were planted to that spot, my head beginning to spin around and around.

"Eunhyuk?" Siwon called my name, however, it seemed like he was millions of miles away. I felt my body weaken, fall, and then blacken instantly. When I came to I was in a room that was completely white which meant one of two things; I was either in heaven or a hospital. I blinked, moving my head to view my surroundings. Leeteuk and Donghae were in chairs at the far end of the room, their heads slung over in some sort of sleep.

I struggled to sit up, my body still weak. I was most deffinitely in a hospital. I looked out into the hallway, doctors and nurses rushing around, one of them walking into my room.

"Ah Mr. Lee! You're awake," The nurse smiled as she began checking my vitals. In an instant two bodies were next to my bed, leaning over me to see if I was really awake.

"Oh Eunhyuk!" Leeteuk gave me a stern look, telling me I was in trouble. "You scared me! You scared us all!" Leeteuk whined. I frowned, apologizing under my breath. Donghae on the other hand simply stared at me, his eyes a light golden brown filled with worry and lack of sleep.

"How long have I been in here?" I asked as the nurse continued to tend to me.

"For three days," Leeteuk enlightened me. My heart dropped even more. It had already been three days without Heechul.

"But there's another problem," Donghae spoke up, grasping my attention in hopes that there would be good news about Heechul. I noticed Leeteuk give Donghae an angry glance. Donghae stumbled around the bed to get away from their leader. "When you passed out your hat fell off. Everyone in the crowd, including the reporters, saw your bald head. A lot of them are wondering what is going on," Donghae said softly as the nurse backed out of the room to find a doctor. I looked to Leeteuk for confirmation, of which he could only give a small nod.

"We will try to keep it hidden for as long as possible..." Leeteuk spoke this time but I denied what he said.

"No. I shouldn't keep lying to them. They have a right to know. When I'm cleared from the hospital I'll hold a press conference. Can you tell the boss?" I pleaded with Leeteuk who shot me a motherly look for even suggesting the idea of a tiresome press conference. On the other hand Donghae agreed immediately and with that my doctor in a full white dress coat entered my hospital room.

"Ah Mr. Lee is finally awake," The doctor shot me a smile as he looked over the nurses notes and my vitals as well.

"We will just be right outside," Leeteuk pushed Donghae out of my hospital room. I had no doubt they were going to talk about things behind my back, secret affairs between themselves. I looked back to the doctor who was finishing up his check up.

"It seems Mr. Lee that you just pushed yourself too far this time. Exhaustion can come quickly with chemotherapy... We will continue with our plans. I'll see you back in a few days to start your next set of chemo. In the mean time I suggest you get plenty of rest and lots of food, understand?" I nodded slowly, suddenly wanting to leave my room.

"Can I go visit the kids?" I asked slowly. The doctor smiled and nodded, helping out of bed and into a wheel chair.

"They've been asking about you," The doctor reassured me kindly as he began pushing my wheelchair towards the door. I stopped him as I heard two voices.

"Why did you tell him?" Leeteuk's voice hissed.

"Didn't you see his face? He was heartbroken..." Donghae's voice replied. "I'd rather have him think of something else."

"That's selfish Donghae. You couldn't stand him seeing him heartbroken over someone else so you make him worry about something as big as this? Donghae..." Leeteuk was scolding Donghae. I felt like I was on the verge of crying once again.

"I-I know it's selfish but I don't know of another way hyung... am I just supposed to see the person I love suffer? Like my father? I can't do that..." Donghae's voice slowly faded away, a tremble in his words. I waved to the doctor to roll me out into the hallway, coming face to face with Leeteuk and Donghae in a tight hug. Donghae saw me first.

"Hyuk," He called, his face full of worry once more. "Where are you going?" He asked slowly, looking to the doctor for some information.

"To see the kids. I'll be back soon," I said briefly, almost cold hearted. I wasn't angry at them, but I didn't know how to stop their suffering. I didn't want them to suffer because of me. Leeteuk and Donghae looked at each other before nodding at me. I gave a half tempted smile before the doctor continued down the hallway once again.

"Oh he will be allowed to return home tonight...if you two would like to stick around to take him home," The doctor paused, to inform the two before rolling me down to the kids corner of the hospital.

 

 


Yo Yo Yo

How you doing?

So another chapter... I hope you like it

Hope to see some more great comments as this story is coming to a close in the next few chapters (SADFACE)

but yea love you all and I don't give all of you enough credit for supporting me so THANK YOU! SARANGHAE!

 

does anyone know why Eunhyuk was crying? I couldn't find anything about it :[ I don't like seeing him cry.

 

 

P.S. sorry for the no color and size...my computer is retarded.