Lee Donghae

Barely Even Friends At First

Eunhyuk POV

 

Seeing Donghae at the hospital alone was quite surprising. He had stopped seeing me by himself, allowing Heechul to spend time with me. This meeting was however, unexpected. I could tell by the rings under his eyes that he hadn't had much sleep lately. However, he gave his usual jaw dropping smile as I met with him.

I knew that our seperation was extremely hard on him. It was hard on me too. I knew nothing, except him, in the years I've been with Super Junior. We have been each others best friends, lovers... we were the closest two people in our group, with no doubt about it.

"Hi," I smiled back at him, overjoyed that he came to see me. He looked past me at the nurse who was waiting patiently. "He will take me back to my room. Thank you," I told the nurse. She bowed before turning to walk down the hallway. "Is there something you wanted to talk to me about?" I wanted to know why he came to visit me.

"I was just worried about you, and I missed you," He whispered. I nodded, understanding what he was going through. "Let's go back to your room," Donghae wrapped an arm around me before he walked us towards the elevator. Somehow, by the way he was acting I couldn't believe that the only thing that was wrong was worrying about me.

"There is something else bugging you Donghae," I crossed my arms. Just looking at him I could tell he was close to tears. Instead of answering me he pulled me out of the elevator once the doors opened and dragged me down the hall to my room.

"Donghae you are hurting me," I whined, but I was more shocked that he was treating me roughly. He closed the door behind us after we entered my room. I turned around to face him as I rubbed my arm. He was leaning against the door, his body shaking uncontrollably. "What's wrong?" I asked, as I patted his back.

"Sorry Hyuk Jae," Donghae's voice came out shallow and broken, he was trying his hardest not to cry. He turned to me, his eyes blood shot, a few tears slowly making their way down his face. I wiped his tears away slowly. "I've just been thinking about my father a lot... and you," He explained slowly. I was shocked. I couldn't believe that I had almost forgotten that it was the anniversary of Donghae's dad's death in less than a week. I pulled Donghae into my arms and hugged him tightly.

"You don't ever need to tell me you are sorry, Donghae. When I am released from the hospital we will go visit your father together, araso?" I whispered into his ear as I rubbed his back comfortingly. I felt him sob harder. This time of the year was always tough on Donghae. To him, his father was still very much a part of his life. "I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you this time," I whispered. I felt useless, being stuck up in a hospital away from all my friends, and from my family.

"It's not your fault Hyuk, and I don't blame you," Donghae said in a small voice. I smiled and pushed him over to my bed to sit down. I brushed his hair with my fingers, hoping it would soothe him.

"I'll get us some hot cocoa," I whispered. I rang the bell for service. I was surprised when two arms wrapped around me tightly, and warm breath tingled my ear.

"Hyuk, I miss you. Only you make me feel this way," Hae whispered in my ear.

"What way?" I asked slowly, a smile forming on my lips.

"Like everything is going to be ok," He said. He was able to take me by surprise so easily that I wondered if I ever surprised him. I turned around to meet his eyes that still had tears, but they were sparkling with happiness this time. I took his hands in mine but I couldn't find any surprise in them. There was nothing that startled him.

"Hae," I called to him, grabbing his attention fully.

"What is it?" He asked, but just as I opened my mouth to speak a nurse walked into my room, asking if everything was ok. "Everything is ok but can we get some hot cocoa please?" Donghae asked for me. The nurse nodded, bowed, and left once more. I hesitated to ask the question I had for him... "What is it Hyuk?" I could tell from his voice that he was slightly worried, and paranoid that I hadn't said something yet. I shook my head.

"Let's wait till after the hot cocoa," I insisted and I moved to take a seat on my bed. Donghae followed me to the bed.

"You know you can ask me anything... I won't judge you," Donghae insisted. I nodded, getting the idea that he was worrying again.

"I just don't want to be interrupted after I ask you," I said hoping to clear the worry in his head. He sat down beside me taking my hands in his. It didn't take long for the nurse to come back with two hot cups of cocoa and just as quickly to leave again. I took a sip from the cup, burning my lower lip and tongue slightly. Even though it burned the sweet taste made me take another long sip, engulfing myself in its warmth.

"So what is it?" Donghae asked, impatiently. I set my cup down before turning to him.

"Hae... Was there...ever a time that I...surprised you?" I asked slowly, and unsurely. He stared at me for the longest time before he took a sip from his cup.

"There was," He said slowly. I perked up, glad that I could finally find out when I had surprised him. "A few times actually... the first being when my father died. You willingly gave up your free time to comfort me, to spend your night locked in a bathroom with me. It surprised me that you had the capacity to put up with me then...to deal with me...with so much patience," He said before pausing to take another sip from his cup. I was surprised that that was one of the moments he was surprised by. I thought my actions back when we first debuted as a group were so obvious, that my love for Donghae was so strong that I would do anything for him. "More recently," Donghae's tore me out of my thoughts. "It was when you broke up with me. I never thought that our love could be broken, no matter how much we fought I thought we would be together forever. Your words surprised me because I knew you always thought the same... I was shocked to see you so mature with your words of breaking up, and you didn't even cry," Hae smirked.

"Mianhae Donghae," I touched his cheek softly. If he only knew how much I cried after I broke up with him that day...maybe he would have been surprised even more. Donghae took my hand in his, holding it tightly. "At that time I wanted to do what was best...to keep the group together...at least in that way we could stay next to each other, even if we weren't together. I didn't want to hurt my friends who had come into this group as a life long adventure... I wanted to see their smiling faces even if I wasn't happy," I explained slowly. I was about to continue when Donghae's lips warmly connected with mine.

"Don't worry about it Hyukkie. I know you meant it in the worst way...and it made me realize just how much I want and need you in my life, even if we can't be together in the end...for whatever reason," Donghae whispered before connecting our lips again. It was a blissfully sweet moment that I thought I never would have received again, but I was grateful that it did.


tumblr_m6isgvmqyl1qfvzyf.gif11957425.gif

imageimage

 

WOW fantastic baby... haha im getting hype about this big bang concert im going to in 3 days!! I cant wait~~

But here you go my fantastic (baby) subbers. You are so generous in waiting for my busy to update.

Saranghae~!

LHY