attitude adjustment

Barely Even Friends At First

Eunhyuk POV

 

I was in a terrible mood for the rest of the week. I snapped often and for no reason at anyone who I crossed paths with. I still wasn't able to accept what I had been diagnosed with. It was on my mind constantly and I couldn't even enjoy my favorite activity...dancing. I know the members were wondering what was going on with me but I couldn't tell them. I didn't want them to worry.

Most of the time I spent in my room, under my covers in a lazy mood. I had already gained several pounds because of my inactivity. It took all of my energy when I had to get up to go to a schedule, or any simple activity even. I had a received a call from the doctor at the hospital to schedule my next appointment which ended up being tomorrow. With no engagements for the day I decided to lay in bed, ignoring the happy people just outside my door. They were still full of energy despite my bad mood.

A knock came on my door that I ignored. The door opened anyway, showing a rather upset Heechul.

"Eunhyuk?" He questioned softly. I didn't move, I didn't even acknowledge his presence. "Can't you tell me what it is that is bothering you? I-I'm worried about..." Heechul sat on the edge of my bed, whispering his words. When I didn't give him a reply he shifted on my bed. "I can help you, no matter what it is. I just don't want to see you this way," Heechul explained. I still gave no reply. I was surprised when he laid down next to me and wrapped an arm around my waist, looking into my eyes deeply.

They showed clearly of worry and sadness. I felt bad for a moment that I was torturing him and everyone else with my silence, but I just couldn't accept it and because of that I couldn't let anyone else know. One thing I was sure of was that his warm embrace was lulling me to go back to sleep. My eyes got heavier and eventually closed and wouldn't open again.

 

I woke up due to a loud commotion outside of my room. I couldn't make out what was going on but I heard a lot of pots and pans banging on the floor. I was half curious enough to want to get up and see what was going on, until I felt an arm around me. I looked to my side, finding a fast asleep, fully dressed Kim Heechul. He looked so peaceful unlike when he came into my room earlier today. I brushed some hair out of his face, studying him closely for a while.

"Eunhyuk...Eunhyuk..." Heechul whispered in his sleep. I bent down closer to him to see if he was going to say anything else. Suddenly Heechul rolled over, and toppled onto the floor making him groan as he was suddenly awoken. He sat up and looked around, trying to figure out where he was before he noticed me. "Why'd you push me out of the bed?" He asked grumpily. I smiled...for the first time that whole week.

"I didn't Kim Heechul..." I laughed softly.

"Oh..." Heechul scratched the back of his head, his lips curving up in a crooked smile. I heard more pots and pans being banged around. "What the hell..." Heechul mumbled before getting up off the ground. I also stood and walked to my bedroom door, opening the door slightly. All the members were standing in the hallway, staring at the kitchen in fear.

"He's lost it..." I heard Yesung mumble to no one in particular. I decided to walk out and stand next to Ryeowook.

"What's going on?" I asked. Ryeowook didn't look at me.

"Donghae's gone mad... he began throwing pots and pans around in the kitchen, as well as throwing things off the counter." Ryeowook explained. He then turned to look at me. "Eunhyuk?!" He yelled, grabbing the attention of everyone else. I was slightly embarrassed by all the sudden curious faces looking at me.

"Mmmm...hi..." I laughed a little as I waved my hand at them. "Ah...everyone...mianhae for my behavior this past week," I bowed slightly to them. I saw movement from the kitchen and noticed Donghae standing to the side, a dangerous look placed on his face. His eyes glared at me like he was looking right through me.

"Donghae?" Leeteuk tried to approach him but he his heel and left the dorm. I wanted to run after him, to figure out what was wrong with him, but I had a feeling that Heechul would never allow that. Sure enough Heechul took my hand in his own. With that my fate was sealed to see Donghae upset without being able to do anything about it. I felt guilty and ashamed that I used to be the person who made him smile.

 

 

The next morning I woke up early, before anyone else, even before the sun was up to leave for the hospital. My hopes were high that there had been some kind of mistake with my diagnostics, that I would come home with a new perspective on life. I walked to the subway station with a mask over my face to try and hide my identity.

I made it to the hospital just in time for my appointment and gave my name to the front desk noona before taking a seat.It took nearly half an hour before the doctor called me back to a room. He instantly set some x-rays before a light.

"You see this white mass right here," He pointed at the x-ray showing my chest. I nodded. The doctor sighed and looked back at the x-ray.

"Those are cancer cells. They formed right behind your plate which made it so hard to see up till now and why it has grown abnormally large. Because it is so large we can't simply just remove it by surgery... you understand what I'm saying?" The doctor asked. I stared at the x-ray in shock. It wasn't possible... I felt fine. I couldn't be this sick...it couldn't happen...I shook my head and looked down at my trembling hands.

"I'm saying you will need to go through chemotherapy to shrink the tumor. After it shrinks we can then do surgery, you understand?" The doctor questioned me. I nodded although I was in complete shock. I didn't understand why this was happening to me. After realizing how in shock I was the doctor asked me to make another appointment next week, to give me time to think about what I wanted to do...and to tell my close relatives about it.

My mind instantly wondered to the members, the people I saw as my brothers...but they were really more than that. They were my mother, my father, my sibling, my best friend...they were everything to me. How could I break this news to them? How could I see them cry when I felt lost? My mind made me wonder back to the playground just down the street from the dorm.

I took a seat on a swing, barely noticing what was going on around me. This wasn't real. This was a dream. It wasn't possibly real. I felt tears form from the corner of my eyes and begin to slide down my cheeks. I was lost, completely lost.


 

 

 

 

omggggggggg i cried while writing this chapter...i dont know whats up with me lately...im being extra cry-baby-ish haha

but here you go another chapter!! enjoy the macros too. I thought they were funny..

-LHY