room of enchantress

Barely Even Friends At First

Eunhyuk POV

 

 

I stared up at a large complex, several stories high, that was old and torn down looking. We were parked right next to the river, in the darkest part of the street. I was slightly afraid of the place. Why did Heechul take me here? I didn't see anything special about it. I turned to look at Heechul who was staring up at the building as well with a smile on his face.

"Let's go," Heechul insisted as he opened his door and got out. I hesitated, staying inside the vehicle.

"You aren't going to do anything weird to me are you?" I questioned him. Heechul laughed.

"You don't trust me?" He asked back. I eyed him up and down before getting out of the vehicle. He took my hand before leading me into the dark, abandoned building. We took a barely manageable elevator the whole way up to the last floor. This floor was brighter than all the rest, cheerful tan walls and windows on every side letting in some of the moonlight. Heechul opened the last door in the hallway and pointed inside. I walked in to find the most amazing thing.

It was a room full of carvings in the walls, of suns, moons, animals, weird tribal looking signs and other things that brought in the light from the moon shining up above and over looked the river that they had parked to. You could see cars traveling across the bridge and through the streets, It really was a spectacular sight to see.

"I come here when I want to be alone... to think... you're the first person im showing..." Heechul was staring at me, his gaze burning through me. I was enchanted by this room. It was the perfect place to be alone, to be mystified by all the things you could look out. More than anything the room allowed you to feel at home.

"Heechul this is...amazing," I smiled, finding my voice once again. Heechul looked around the room once more, showing a side of him that I never saw before. He looked fond of this place, happy and cheerful.

"It's a thank you present... for going on a date with me," Heechul spoke up again, surprising me even more. He always knew how to surprise people I just thought that the last person he would surprise would be me. He moved closer to me, taking my hand and placing it on his chest. I could feel his rapid heartbeat, rather fast for someone who wasn't doing any activity. "My heart beats for you," Heechul whispered leaning in a little more.

I swallowed hard. I wasn't sure what to do. Everything that Heechul has done so far has been great... but there was still a red light in my heart...telling me that I shouldn't get involved with Kim Heechul, and I knew exactly why. My heart could only fall for one man. That man being Lee Donghae. I pushed Heechul away slightly.

"Eunhyuk," Heechul's whisper seemed sad, almost pleading.

"I can't Heechul," I moved away from him.

"I understand," Heechul replied after some time, a smile returning to his face. I could tell he wasn't as happy as before but he could put on a good show of hiding his true feelings. "Let's go. We have schedules tomorrow and it's pretty late," Heechul insisted. We walked out of the room of enchantress, back down the hallway to the elevator.

The unsteady, creaking elevator was even louder between Heechul and I's silence. We walked back through the creepy hallways and out into the cool evening air, still in silence.

Heechul was about to walk across the street to his car when he turned and faced me, tears streaming down his face.

"What will it take, Eunhyuk? Will you never forget about him? Why can't I be the one to make your heart shutter some too?" His voice was shaking with anger and sadness that made me pity him. Seeing his unhappy face...I didn't like it.

"H-Heechul...I-I..." I was confused by his sudden reaction, the tears that suddenly showed themselves. I have seen Heechul in a lot of pain before, but this seemed to be worse among them all. "It isn't that Heechul! I-I like you," I confessed the truth to him. He turned away wiping some tears away.

"You don't have to lie," He said as he sniffled back some tears. It wasn't like Heechul to be crying. He was the last person in Super Junior that you would ever see cry... but here he was, in the middle of some random street, balling his eyes out. "You don't know how much I envy Donghae... your relationship... he is the luckiest guy in the world in my opinion. I thought I could be that for you... I guess I was wrong..." Heechul took a step out onto the road.

"Kim Heechul!" I screamed at him. I could handle a joking Heechul, a sarcastic Heechul... but a balling Kim Heechul was too much to handle. I didn't know how to react until I saw a car, speeding down the road towards him. I jumped out onto the street pushing him out of the way. We landed together on the hard blacktop, Heechul's body shaking in my own shock ridden body.

I turned to look at the tear-stained face of Heechul, his scared, pale looking face.

"Are you ok? You didn't get hurt right?" I questioned him, as I leaned my own shaking body over him to see if there was anything wrong.

"Eunhyuk," He shaked as he held me tighter to him. He repeated my name several times.

"I'm here," I whispered, hoping he'd calm down. "And I wasn't lying before Heechul... I really like you..." I whispered.

 


 

ehh ok so maybe not the best chapter since when would we ever find kim heechul crying, huh? but i hope the feelings are conveyed to you all and that you enjoy the chapter :]

-LHY