Becoming another person's lover

Barely Even Friends At First

Hyuk Jae POV

 

 

I woke up the next morning, my mood darker than ever. I could tell that my face was puffy and still swollen since I cried myself to sleep. I didn't know who I was anymore... I had given up everything, even the person I loved, to save Super Junior from splitting apart. It was one thing to be loyal to your group but what did I have to show to being loyal to my boyfriend? What was going to happen now? What was Heechul going to make me do next?

I never wanted to find out. I wanted to lock myself in my room until things went back to the way they were, but that wasn't an option...if one of my friends didn't force me to come out...my manager would...and I couldn't ruin everything that I had just saved. I grabbed a towel as I walked out of my room, taking slow uneven steps towards the bathroom. No one was awake yet, allowing for the silent morning to settle in, making every minute turn into an hour...fortunately I got the chance to take a long hot shower before anyone could bug me to get out.

After stepping out of the shower, I came face to face with Super Junior's leader, Park Jung Soo...or better known as Leeteuk. He had his hands on his hips and a motherly like face already asking me what was going on. I pushed past him, still unable to believe the truth either. There were so many things that I had done in the past 24 hours that I never thought I would ever do...but I did them...for Super Junior. I was stopped before I could leave the bathroom.

"Lee Hyuk Jae... neo micheoso?" Leeteuk closed the door to the bathroom, making sure to keep his voice at an appropriate level so he wouldn't wake everyone up. I didn't lift my eyes up to meet his. "Why did you break up with Donghae? Don't you know that Heechul and Donghae got in a fight last night? Why? Hyuk Jae! Speak to me!" Leeteuk grabbed me. He was being the mother he was born to be, questioning me like a son who had done something wrong...trying to figure things out and fix them...but there was no fixing this...there was no fixing Heechul's abnormal behavior. I gently removed Leeteuk's hands before moving past him out of the bathroom.

I had no words to speak to him, or to anyone. Nothing would be the same anymore...I didn't even know how to act like myself anymore without Donghae being right there beside me...

I quickly locked myself in my room once more, changed into some shorts and a shirt, and placed a hat on my head. It was still early and not a lot of people would notice me. Even before I opened the door to my room I was bombarded with questions by the other members. Sungmin was giving me puppy dog eyes, begging me to tell him what happened... Leeteuk was still following me around like a lost puppy and Yesung and Ryeowook were questioning me as well...However, the person I really wanted to see was no where around... In fact, Lee Donghae was probably getting the same treatment I was getting...

I pushed past the members, not opening my mouth to say a single word, and walked out the door. There were times when it was best to be alone and this was one of them. At least for a little while... One thing about have twelve other members in your group is that you don't always get time to yourself...time to think...

Before I was half way down the road I heard a voice call my name.

"Lee Hyuk Jae!" Unfortunately, it was Kim Heechul. He caught up to me, a small smile maliciously playing on his face. "How did your night go?" Heechul's voice was softer, more caring than usual. I turned and began walking again. He was the last person I wanted to talk to. "Please Lee Hyuk Jae! Don't be angry! I-I just...I couldn't hold back my feelings for you anymore..." Heechul screamed. I stopped walking. I was able to listen to his words and believe them...but I couldn't accept them. I turned slowly on my heel, facing the person who caused a world full of hurt in one night.

"Kim Heechul...have you ever thought that the world doesn't revolve around you? Of course not. In everything you have to stand out, you have to be the center of attention...I don't want to be apart of that world. You don't even know me..." My words were nicer than I liked them to be.

"Give me a chance Lee Hyuk Jae...just one chance to show you how much I want to make you the center of my world..." Heechul's words sounded sincere but cheesy.

"It's not like I have a choice..." I spat out, moving once again away from our dorms...towards town. Without permission, Heechul followed.