Strong Heart

Barely Even Friends At First

Eunhyuk POV

 

Two weeks seemed to pass in a blink of an eye, but it was strange. I was having more fun with the members than I ever had, and I never wanted these moments to stop ending. However, it was also hard on me. For the next two weeks I completely ignored Donghae, spending every moment possible with Heechul, giving him what he asked for.

I didn't want these two weeks to end. It had been a long time since the members hung around so much, that we all spent time with each other, keeping each other company. It scared me to think about what would happen in the hospital when I began my chemotherapy. Thankfully I didn't have much time to think about this.

Today I was going to my last Strong Heart, although no one knew yet. There hasn't been an official announcement to Kang Ho Dong or Lee Seung Gi...the two PDs, and I was sure there never would be. It most likely would be like I kept blowing off the shooting and would be replaced...until people began to find out.

I could barely contain my sadness, and happiness and excitement on the car ride to the studio. It didn't seem likely at all that this would be my last time going on a tv show for quite some time, the same for Heechul...he had also made this his last time going on a tv show before entering the army.

I bowed my head, getting the strong urge to cry but I didn't want to upset everyone else who was in the car with me. Heechul, however, reached over and held out his hand for me to take. I took it quickly, holding it tightly in my own. It was amazing how much holding Heechul's hand gave me courage and the restraint I needed against crying.

"Ah...I don't like this," I heard Leeteuk whisper from the front seat, as we reached the studio. After knowing Leeteuk for so long it was easy to tell when he was going to cry or when he was upset. I had already prepared to cry a lot during this episode of Strong Heart but I still couldnt face others crying because of me or someone else. I remained in a formal state of mind, not allowing my mind to wonder, even after everyone was seated on stage prepared to perform. With this the formal welcoming ceremonies began, allowing us all to stand and wave to the camera. Even I spent the energy to making the fans and the people in the audience to believe nothing was wrong. Even though it was mostly Super Junior on stage there were a few other idols as well. Finally it came to the beginning of Super Junior's stories.

As expected the topic of Heechul's enlistment became a hot topic instantly, and all of Super Junior became involved.

"Kim Heechul... your chalk board reads 'The Selfish Kim Heechul'...What does that mean?" The MC Lee Seung Gi asked, bringing the Super Junior member to complete silence as they waited for his reply. Heechul took a while to reply, his head bowed. When he looked up at the camera there were tears in his eyes.

"As has been said several times...it wasn't easy for Super Junior to become a group. We've gone through a lot of hardships and some of it has come from me, because I say whatever comes to mind without filtering my thoughts...because of me a lot of scandals and rumours have been started, some about Super Junior. There's been scandals that I look like a female, and rumours that I'm leaving Super Junior...There have also been times where I have fought with the other Super Junior members and went off to live on my own..." There was another pause as Heechul gathered his thoughts. "I've never really thought of the members as I acted in my own way and I brought a lot of madness down on them..." Heechul sobbed. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry for being this selfish Kim Heechul..." Heechul sobbed harder for a few minutes before regaining himself.

"I'm very greatful to Eunhyuk at that time because he told me "since you have already made your position in the team, just come back again later... im very thankful for those words and I'll never forget them... Leeteuk has also been a wonderful hyung and a great help that I haven't acknowledged very much...I just want to thank you Leeteuk hyung...and the rest of Super Junior as well..." Heechul finished his words before bending his head and wiping at his tears.

I was sitting right behind Leeteuk who had to leave the stage because of his tears. I on the other hand remained in my seat, tears streaming down my face. I didn't even mind them this time, as I listened to Heehul's words...his story that I never even knew affected him before now...

After everyone was able to hold back their tears once again, and Leeteuk retook the stage Kang Ho Dong faced me, having had his own tears shed.

"Eunhyuk...how do you feel about Heechul's enlistment?" Kang Ho Dong asked. I remained silent as I slowly turned to look at Kim Heechul. I really wanted to be able to say that I didn't like it, that his actions were unnecessary...but I couldn't.

"It's difficult...our time for enlistment is coming and having fewer and fewer members is becoming a reality that we really don't want to see...but I believe we will stay brothers until the end, until we have grown up and have kids of our own, until we have all finished our enlistment...I want to see us always be brothers...even if we do cry and fight with each other...being brothers we understand each other..." I paused, getting out of my chair to walk in Heechul's direction. I wrapped my arms around him tightly. "I'll wait for you Kim Heechul...until you return from the army..." I said loud enough for it to be captured by the audience and the cameras. I felt other arms wrap around me tightly, and soon enough our entire family of brothers were in a large circle hugging each other.

"More after we come back from a commercial break," Kang Ho Dong said to the cameras as we were still hugging each other.

"Eunhyuk," I heard Heechul's unusual small voice. He had tears in his eyes. "I'll always be with you...in here," He pointed to his heart. I hugged him tighter...even though I already knew what he had told me. Even though it seemed like he had given up on me...he really hadn't, he was fighting with me, always by my side, as a brother would do. We broke our hug fest to return to our seats before the camera came back on, each one of us still wiping at our tears.

"And we're back...Eunhyukkie.." Kang Ho Dong again focused on me, giving me a look up and down. "It seems like you've gained some weight..." He began. I cleared my throat...to me it didn't seem like I had gained any weight at all..."Ah yeah...now that promotions are over...I can say I'm not worried about it," I laughed gleefully, making the people in the audience laugh as well.

"I wish I had your abilities Eunhyuk," Kang Ho Dong whispered as he looked down at his own, rather large body. I laughed even harder before bowing slightly. We had one last segment for the show before we were finally released to go back to the dorms. The car ride back as just as silent as before, Heechul holding my hand tightly.

"You go for your chemotherapy in two days right?" Heechul asked. I nodded slowly. "I'll go with you..." He whispered. I smiled looking around at everyone.

"Everyone already said they would...what took you so long?" I questioned, making him smile sheepishly.

"Because I usually don't like to follow conformity," he said sarcastically. I stuck my tongue out at him playfully, which he nudged my side to get revenge.
"Should we go on a date tomorrow?" He asked. I smiled and nodded my head. I might as well have fun while I had the time to. "And eat lots of yummy food?" He questioned. I agreed again, my mind wondering to some delicious food...and before I knew it my stomach was growling loudly.

"It seems like I should make dinner when we get back to the dorm," Ryeowook spoke up from the back, laughing slightly along with everyone else

 

 


 

 

here ya go sorry it took so long for this chapter...busy school and social life >.< but my sissy came to visit me and I miss her so so so much and well...yeah :D

LHY