Year One: A Shortie and a Burnt Piece of Corn

Protego Totalum

Four more days left of the first year at Hogwarts.

SinB was indeed very sad and stressed out with exams and such but she’s getting through pretty well. Today she has two exams and tomorrow will only be one. The last two days are left to be able to pack up to go back home.

There’s been two more Slytherin quidditch games and SinB’s been able to help the team to victory. She’s very proud of herself for being useful in the team.

She’s just extremely sad that she’ll have to leave her friends. She’s gotten closer to each of the six girls plus some other friends too. Especially Yewon.

The two have been inseparable. Yet they still don’t say they’re in a full romantic relationship, they know something is there. Something special between them. Whenever SinB asks the question “When will we be old enough to date?” Yewon always answers with the same words. “At least until the third year.” So SinB waits patiently until that third year to call it official.

As SinB was walking towards her last class and exam of the day, her eyelids felt droopy. She was exhausted and needed her sleep, 

especially since her nightmares came back.

Now whenever she has them, she begins to cry and sob since she’s gotten so close to Yuna. It hurts and scares her to see her in pain and screaming in agony. Seeing her body squirming about and rolling on the floor brings tears to her eyes. Yet she tries to get through it to see where it leads next. Those dreams mixed with the voices in her head are really scaring her with those subliminal messages.

She reached her class and immediately sat down at her desk. She waited for the teacher’s instructions as she rested her head on her desk.

“Okay class, now settle down. It’s time to begin your exam that will take the whole class time to finish most likely.”

SinB silently groaned and closed her eyes tightly with teeth gritted.

*******

She finally got out of her last class and made her way towards the quidditch pitch to de stress and fly around a bit. She still hasn’t gotten her own broom but her uncle and aunt promised that before her second year, they’ll try to get her one.

They tried to get her one three weeks ago before for her twelfth birthday but they couldn’t find the time to do it so they sent her an apology letter instead along with another present. SinB didn’t mind, she spent her birthday here with all of her friends and it was more than enough for her. 

She left her robe and sweater in the girl’s locker room and got her broomstick. She sprinted towards the pitch and as soon as her feet touched the grass, she got on the broom and began to fly up. 

She giggled as she did spins and flips in the air. Her hair moving along with the wind. Since her accident at her first quidditch game, she quickly got over the fear and began flying normally. Her love for flying was too great to stop her.

She flew close to the grass on the pitch and touched it as she quickly flew. She flew up again and flipped. She let herself go and do whatever her body wanted.

“SinB!”

She heard a familiar voice and grinned as she flew towards the person. She slowed down and landed in front of Yewon.

“Hey there~”

“Be careful SinB! You were doing so many dangerous things...I’m worried about you getting hurt out here and nobody seeing it and you having to stay out here with an injury, not being able to walk back inside.”

“Calm down, I’ll be okay now come with me.”

SinB unexpectedly took Yewon’s hand and ran towards the end of the pitch with her broom in her other hand. They went towards their spot at the corner of the pitch to see the sunset. SinB and Yewon sat on the grass and snuggled into each other.

“You know you’re really reckless sometimes.”

Yewon said to SinB who scoffed and looked at her.

“No I am not.”

“Of course you are! You’re always going off and doing dangerous things...it scares me. Especially because you can get hurt easily..”

SinB smiled and kissed her forehead gently. She held her hand and spoke as she looked at the sunset.

“I love how much you care about me. I’ll be fine Yewonie. Don’t worry. I won’t do anything too extreme.”

Yewon sighed and nodded as she rested her head on SinB’s shoulder. The two relaxed with the beautiful scenery.

*******

“How in the world can you make a mistake like this?!”

“You know sometimes people aren’t as smart as you shortie!!”

“Don’t you dare say that to me again you burnt piece of corn!!”

“Small, short, shortie!!”

“Give me back that book!!”

“Reach it!! Try to get it!!”

SinB, along with Yewon, Sojung, and Yerin, were in the abandoned girl’s bathroom having an intense study session. They would have it in the library but they are way too loud for that.

Yuna and Eunbi were currently bickering over a problem Yuna got wrong that messed up the whole equation. Eunbi was fuming at how Yuna could make such an easily avoidable mistake. The rest didn’t do anything because this was a daily thing at this point. They would always get along afterwards anyways.

Yuna gave in when she saw Eunbi’s eyes tearing up and gave her the book, only to be shoved back by her forcefully. Eunbi sat back down with a huff and went back to studying.

Yuna was confused but sat down as well to continue. SinB turned to her and whispered.

”She’s really insecure about herself. Especially her height and weight. If you bring up anything bad about her appearance, it’ll affect her for the whole day, maybe even a whole week.”

Yuna nodded slowly as she looked at Eunbi who was flipping through pages and taking notes. She sighed and went down to write a small note on the margin on her paper and slid it towards her.

Eunbi looked towards the paper. It said “I’m very sorry.” She looked at Yuna and back at the paper. She quickly wrote down something and slid it back. “You better be.” It said and Yuna slightly chuckled.

The girls all continued as much as they could to be prepared for their last exams tomorrow. As they were reading and writing, Yerin’s eyes were getting droopy. Her chin resting on her hand as her elbows pressed against the floor.

”Yerin-ah..”

Sojung called out to her. Yerin didn’t respond as she closed her eyes. Sojung then nudged her and Yerin’s eyes snapped open.

”H-huh what?”

”You’re falling asleep. I think it’s best to stop for now. Everyone here looks exhausted.”

They all nodded in agreement and began to pack up to leave back to the dorms. As they were leaving, Yuna pulled Eunbi back towards her, leaving the rest to keep walking.

”I...I really am sorry Eunbi.”

”And I said you better be.”

”But...but shouldn’t you like-“

”Forgive you? I don’t know should I?”

”I think you should apologize too.”

”And why would I do that?”

Yuna looked down towards her feet and gripped onto her books. She sighed and swayed from side to side as she mumbled out.

”I’m not a burnt piece of corn..”

Eunbi sighed as she looked at Yuna’s sincere words. She pressed her lips together and spoke up with a soft voice.

”I’m sorry. I guess I’m jealous of your tan skin.”

Yuna giggled and hugged Eunbi who smiled and dropped her books gently to bring her in tighter. Yuna did the same wrapped her other arm around her.

”Lets try not to fight as much okay?”

”We can try.”

They both giggled and left the bathroom with their books.