Year Two: Suspicious Hwang

Protego Totalum

“Today, we will be learning basic spells to knock down an opponent. Now I need a volunteer.”

Professor Hwang said as he stood on the large and long elevated battle table used specifically for demonstrations in the DADA class.

Some students were raising their hands. He looked around yet his eyes landed on one particular student who was not raising her hand.

”Hwang Eunbi. Up here please.”

SinB’s eyebrows furrowed and she gulped. She walked towards the table and got on, in front of Professor Hwang.

”Now, take out your wand.”

SinB did as she was told and looked back up at him. He smirked a bit and SinB felt fear take over her system.

”Now step back a bit.”

He turned back to his class and began to speak and SinB was walking back a bit. He turned back to her and raised up his wand, SinB did as well.

”Now I want you to say stupefy. Can you do that?”

SinB nodded and held out her wand towards him. She cleared and spoke out softly.

”Stupefy.”

A blast of light came out of her wand and knocked Professor Hwang back. The students laughed as they saw him struggle to get back up.

Once he did, SinB saw a weird look in his eyes. A sort of aggressive or angry look. He held out his wand and without hesitation, he yelled out.

”Sectumsempra!!”

SinB yelped and fell towards the ground. Whining in pain and holding her leg. Then a student who was close to her yelled out with a scream.

”She’s bleeding!!”

The students began to panic and some went to get the nurse and help out SinB. Professor Hwang was breathing heavily. Something was running through his mind. Making him think that SinB was someone else who he deeply despised.

He soon snapped out of his thoughts and saw that it was actually a small twelve year old girl who he had wounded. He walked towards SinB but she gasped and began scooting back. Leaving a trail of blood as she did.

”I’m trying to help you Hwang.”

”Stop trying! You did this to me!”

“Let me help you!”

He forcefully grabbed her robe and stood her up which made SinB cry out in pain and fall towards him. Her breathing was shaking and so was her wounded leg.

”For a second there I got mad...out of instinct and from you resemblance to...a familiar person...I shot you. Sorry Eunbi.”

SinB looked up at him as he held her arms gently. She was confused as he spoke to her. Something was off.

”Who did you think I was?”

SinB said as she tried to get herself balanced. Still glaring at Professor Hwang straight in the eye.

”A late enemy of mine.”

Just then the nurse rushed in with a wheelchair. Professor Hwang brought SinB towards her and he told the nurse.

”She hurt her leg on the side of the table as we were demonstrating some charms..”

The nurse nodded and rushed off with SinB. Professor Hwang closed the door and spoke out to his students.

”Please stand in one section of the room. In front of me please.”

They did as he said and he pointed his wand towards them.

”Think about what you’re gonna eat for lunch. Obliviate!!”

He shot his students with a spell and they all stood still for a bit and soon, they began to murmur to themselves. He used a memory charm.

They don’t remember anything that happened during only that single class. Forgetting all about Professor Hwang and SinB’s incident.

*********

SinB sighed softly as the warm and white blanket was brought up to her chest. She smiled at the feeling. The nurse walked away to care for other patients when she finished helping out SinB.

A deep gash was created on her leg so the nurse had quite a hard time closing it up but she eventually succeeded and now bandages were wrapped around her leg.

SinB could feel her eyes getting droopy and her mind drifting off into dream land. As she was about to get comfortable and go to sleep, she saw two familiar people walk in.

”SinB!!”

Yewon rushed towards SinB and held her hand tightly as she kissed her knuckles. 

“I heard about the incident. You had a pretty big fall there huh?”

”What? Fall?”

”Yeah! Do you not remember? Oh gosh did you fall that hard?”

Yuna said as she felt her head with the back of her hand. SinB clicked her tongue and glared at the tall girl.

”I didn’t fall...I was-“

”SinB! Oh thank god you’re okay!”

Eunbi came rushing in and towards her. She held her hand and bombarded her with questions. SinB tried her hardest to try to answer them but just ended up closing her eyes and resting her head back on the pillow.

”Eunbi, please give her some space. She’s tired..”

”I-I’ve been getting those nightmares again. Much more intense now..”

Yewon sighed and held her hand gently. Yuna and Eunha stepped back a bit to listen to SinB. 

“What nightmares?”

Yuna asked as she held the railing at the end of the bed. SinB looked towards her and sighed sadly.

”You don’t wanna know man. It’s too hard to explain...I cry almost every time I try to.”

Yuna nodded and understood that sooner or later, SinB will open up to her. Now she just needs to be patient.

”Now uh...wanna help me sit up?”