Year Three: Quidditch Queens

Protego Totalum

About two months have passed since SinB’s incident. Since then she focused more on the now just like Yewon said. She had done better on her schoolwork as a result of that and she was finally coming back onto the quidditch field after missing the first two Slytherin games. They were in desperate need of their top seeker to come back.

Game day for SinB was always exciting for her. Especially today since she would be competing against Yuna. She put on her green lined robe and fixed her shoelaces on her boots. She gripped onto her broom tightly and smiled, she hasn’t used a broom in a long time. Since her first one broke, over summer break she bought a new one that was said to be one of the absolute best.

She met up with her teammates before entering the field. She could hear the cheering of people and felt the adrenaline filling her system.

After a pep talk and a few small speeches of being happy SinB was back were given, they stood in line, waiting to be called out.

”Today we have a marvelous game ahead of us! Let’s introduce our first team! Here is Slytherin!!”

SinB and her teammates walked out, brook in hand and SinB smiled as she saw the lights and the people cheering.

”After months of being injured and the team missing a crucial member, Hwang Eunbi is back as their star seeker!!”

SinB giggled as they cheered even louder for her. Then Hufflepuff was announced and she saw Yuna walking out with her team. She smirked at her and Yuna simply rolled her eyes in a sarcastic manner.

”And let the game...begin!!”

The balls were let out and everyone began moving at a fast pace. SinB and Yuna stood head to head and soon, the golden snitch flew right past their noses. They both immediately began to fly towards it, chasing it as fast as they could. Over team members, under hoops, and even over the spectators’ seats.

SinB flew over Ravenclaw’s section when she saw the snitch begin to move even quicker. She saw Yewon and she winked at her as she sped off. Yewon sighed in bliss as she caught that shirt yet sweet moment. She cheered for her even louder.

”Go SinB!!”

Yuna and SinB were neck and neck. Seeing it in front of of them they began to reach. Yet soon it made a sharp turn, Yuna flew straight into a wall while SinB kept chasing the snitch.

Soon after a couple of moments, Yuna was right at her tail with a new sense of determination.

”Come on SinB!!”

Yuna teased as she bumped into her side and made her almost fall from her broom. Yet SinB regained her composure and began to distract Yuna.

She began to do spins and such. Yuna was of course impressed but never lost focus of the golden snitch right in front of her, that is until she saw a bludger ball coming full speed and straight at her.

”HOLY -“

She was pushed out of the way and thrown onto the ground. SinB and Yuna were now dirty and off of their brooms. SinB chuckled as she caught her breath.

”You...you should really check your surroundings Yuna...also..”

SinB held up the snitch to her face. She grinned at her and blew a kiss to her.

”I got it and saved your at the same time!”

”Damnit SinB you’re too amazing sometimes..”

SinB giggled and held up the snitch so the people could see. The crowds erupted with cheers and SinB grinned brightly, a new joy and spark in her eyes that hasn’t been seen in a long time.

Yewon jumped up from her seat and cheered the loudest out of the Ravenclaw section. Yerin was shaking Sojung madly as she was incredibly happy while the older girl cheered and clapped for her friend, getting some weird looks as they were in the Gryffindor section.

Eunbi simply looked at Yuna in pity of her girlfriend but clapped and cheered for her best friend SinB. 

SinB brought Yuna in for a hug and giggled as she jumped up and down excitedly with her team.

”Slytherin has won from Hwang Eunbi catching the golden snitch! Their second win after a rough start to the season!”

SinB was thrown around by her bigger and older teammates but was too happy to get annoyed at them. She felt extremely happy, playing her favorite sport and winning after such a long time.

*******

“I can’t believe how fast you caught the snitch! How’d you do it SinB?”

SinB looked at Yuna as they were in the abandoned bathroom with the other girls doing homework. 

“I’m not sure...all I wanted to do was make sure you were safe and since the snitch was so close to you when I shoved you I guess it was easy to catch it from there..”

Yuna rolled her eyes but smiled nonetheless. SinB grinned and went back to doing her work.

”You know...you should thank her..”

Eunbi whispered to Yuna who looked at her with an annoyed expression. Eunbi clicked her tongue and smacked the back of her head.

”Just because you didn’t win doesn’t mean you should be all y about it. Come on!”

Yuna pouted and Eunbi almost melted then and there but she stopped herself. She stole Yuna’s homework and held in in her hands in front of her face.

”I’ll tear this to shreds!”

”W-What?! No please don’t-“

A small tiny tear was made at the top of the paper and Yuna freaked out.

”Gah! Eunbi!”

”Do it.”

”Thank you SinB I love you!!”

SinB looked up from her papers and stared at Yuna curiously. Sojung saw how Eunbi’s face was incredibly menacing as she looked at Yuna and shivered in fright.

”Uh...you’re welcome?”

Yuna snatched her papers away from Eunbi and shoved her head away. Eunbi gasped and was about to reach out to Yuna with her chubby and small hands to kill her tal girlfriend but Yuna quickly caught them and kissed her knuckles gently.

Eunbi blushed but pulled her hands away quickly. She stuck out her tongue and Yuna did the same. Sojung and Yerin watched them in awe.

”For a couple...you guys act very...aggressive towards each other..”

Said Sojung in a timid voice. Yuna and Eunbi simply stared at the two blankly. Yuna smiled and in an optimistic voice she spoke out.

”When you date someone very special, you’ll understand.”