Year Five: Broken

Protego Totalum

Summer break was excruciating for SinB, for the entire time she didn’t get a single letter from Yewon and didn’t care about the immense amount of congratulations she got for winning the tri wizard tournament. Now fifteen, she felt she had matured much faster than the average teen and now sees the world colder and darker and more ruthless than before. That last trial really traumatized her, she had to spend almost the entire break recovering.

To say SinB was having a hard time would be an understatement. To say any of the girls were having a hard time would be an understatement.

The only person who had at least a smidge of proper relaxation and happiness was probably Sojung.

During the break, her grandparents obtained custody over her and so, she finally got to leave her abusive father. This was a big win for Sojung as she'd been waiting for the day she finally would get to leave his house.

Break had been a growing experience for her, she hadn't spoken much to Yerin or anyone really the entire time but she felt that she had improved her mental health so much because of it. She knew that returning to school would be easier now.

When she arrived at the train station, she was expecting at least one of the girls to be there. She was surprised to find Yuna sitting by herself on the train in the usual room they would sit.

"Yuna..? Where's everyone else?"

"Sojung! Oh thank goodness you're here! I thought I'd be by myself the whole ride.."

Sojung set her things down and sat in front of Yuna. She was concerned about everyone else as the train was about to leave and nobody was in sight.

"Have you heard from Eunbi or SinB? I seriously don't know what's going on.."

"Oh you haven't heard?"

"Heard what?"

Yuna sighed as her face went solemn and her eyes looked less happy than before.

"SinB is being taken to school by a protected transport. She was so badly traumatized that the school is keeping a close watch on her just in case her attacker would come back again.."

"They haven't caught him yet?"

"Nope. No leads at all. SinB can't even give her own side of the story since she's so terrified to relive that moment even months later. She completely shut herself off...I feel bad...it's like she's broken.."

Just then the sliding doors opened to reveal Yewon. She was out of breath and looked like she was rushing to get on the train. Sojung scooted to the side as she spoke up.

"Yewon! What's with you..?"

"I was late on my way over here.."

She closed the doors behind her and sat down to catch her breath. Sojung rubbed her shoulder and sighed as she thought about SinB. She was really out of the loop this entire summer break. She really hopes all of her friends are alright.

*******
SinB hugged herself as she walked towards her bedroom. She was expecting it to be empty and for Eunbi to come in later but she was surprised at what she found.

Everyone was sitting around the room waiting for her. Her eyes immediately snapped towards Yewon who was sat on the side of SinB's bed with Eunbi.

"What...what are you guys doing here..?"

"Wow. Can't be just be excited to see you again or what?"

Eunbi teased as she walked towards SinB and hugged her. The taller girl melted into her touch and hugged her right back even tighter. Eunbi was concerned to see how she slightly shivered at the contact but tried to calm her down.

Yewon stood up as they parted from their hug and she fidgeted with her hands as she nervously looked towards SinB. She so desperately wanted to speak to her over break but she was held back. She couldn't bring herself to speak to her after knowing that Hwang was planning that attack on her. She felt responsible and so she hid away in shame.

The girls all began to speak about their sleep schedule and classes they would take in the corner of the room while SinB closed the door behind her and stood still as Yewon cautiously walked towards her.

Neither of them could bring themselves to say anything. SinB was half angry that Yewon didn't contact her in her time of absolute need and Yewon was incredibly ashamed of herself for not being there. But she eventually finally spoke.

"I...I'm sorry.."

SinB bit he lip and looked at her for a second before looking away. She really wanted more of an explanation than a simple apology.

"It's okay.."

Yewon wanted so deeply to explain everything but couldn't bring herself to do so. As soon as she stepped foot on campus, she could feel the pounding headache returning to her from the spell she was under.

She thought about this the entire break and knew she couldn't live like this forever. She just couldn't. And so, she began to set up a plan, a confession to SinB.

"I have to give you an explanation...can you meet me on the quidditch field tonight?"

SinB nodded and Yewon smiled in relief, feeling the stinging coming back little by little. It pained her to see the new scars that appeared on SinB's face as she looked at her. Whether it killed her or not, she would let SinB know the truth.

"Get to my office as soon as possible."

"I...I have to go. I'll see you later?"

"Yeah.."

Yewon smiled once more and reached up to kiss SinB's scarred cheek gently. She then rushed out of the room and towards Hwang's office. She locked the door behind her and stood stil to receive instructions.

"Yewon...I believe you kept our promise and let nobody know about our...relationship?"

"No! Nobody knows."

"I'm glad to hear that...as I was planning on giving you some leeway this year. You're of course still working for me, however, you don't have to report to me as much anymore. I know I can trust you after what happened at the tournament last year."

Yewon held back tears as she remembered the way her heart dropped after seeing SinB's state after she got out of the maze with Taehyung and Sana.

"Thank you, professor."

"Of course. Now go. And don't misbehave. I'll check up on you tomorrow."

Yewon bowed deeply and walked out of the room. Her head feeling more clear as the day went on. If this kept going on, Yewon felt like her mind would finally break through the spell in time.

She needed to plead SinB for her help as soon as they saw each other tonight.

 

 

 

______
A/N:

is this chapter confusing? I'm not sure but I'm so sorry I've been gone for SUCH a long time. I swear I don't leave on purpose, life is crazy and sometimes my writer's block is so bad I can't even bring myself to look at any of my stories. Sorry this chapter might br confusing. I'm trying to get the hang of things again. Please look forward to other chapters <3