Year Two: Intense Night Terrors

Protego Totalum

“Ahh!!”

SinB screamed as she woke up again from a nightmare. This time in the middle of the night. She began to sob silently as it was way too vivid this time. Yet she still couldn’t see the face of the person who shot Yuna. It’s still too blurry. The voice is also too distorted to identify.

She could see the faces of her friends. Sowon and Yerin hanging onto each other for dear life and sobbing. Yewon holding onto SinB’s arm and crying onto her shoulder. And the saddest girl of them all, Eunbi. On her knees and screaming out to Yuna. All of this happening as they heard the screeches and screams of pain of Yuna’s suffering voice as her body moved around on the floor. Curling into a ball and then suddenly letting go and extending like a rubber band. Her face and clothes were dirty from moving about on the wet floor.

She could also see how the muggles cursed at the students and professors on the opposite side of the courtyard. The shooter walking closer towards Yuna. Then he shot a spell silently and the two vanished. The muggles yelled and charged at the students and the school. 

And that’s where it ends.

SinB’s sobs shook her body as she clutched onto her blanket and brought her knees up to her chest. Eunbi and Jennie woke up at the sound of her scream and went to check on her.

”You good man?”

”She had another one of her nightmares, Jennie. She’ll be okay in a little bit.”

Eunbi explained calmly to her roommate and sat down next to SinB, bringing her in a warm hug. Jennie sat on the other side and hugged SinB as well.

*******

”Come on Sojung hurry up!”

”Coming!”

Yerin knocked on the bathroom door for the hundredth time this morning. Sojung has been in there for at least 30 minutes.

Sojung grabbed a fresh roll of cloth bandages from her first aid kit and began to wrap it around her arms and wrists that had gauze patches stuck on wounds. Once she was done, she put everything away. Hiding her wounds under her sweater and robe sleeves.

Sojung opened the door, ignoring Yerin scolding her. She quickly left the room and began to walk towards the great hall. Yerin was left dumbfounded as she saw Sojung storm off so suddenly. She sighed and began to catch up to her.

Once the two sat down at the Gryffindor table, Yerin decided to ask Sojung what was going on with her.

”You’re acting super weird today...are you okay Sojung?”

”I’m fine.”

”Yeah you’re not fine.”

Yerin put down her fork and turned towards Sojung more. She sighed and held her shoulder gently.

”Is this about your mom?”

Sojung stiffened at the mention of her late mother. She gripped onto her fork tighter by the handle.

”You know you can talk to me about these things Sojung. I’m here for you. I’ll do anything I can to help you get through this.”

Sojung sighed and dropped her fork. She held the robe and sweater sleeve on her left arm and slowly pulled it back, showing the white bandages wrapped around her arm. Yerin gasped and held her arm gently.

”S-Sojung?”

Sojung then raised her sweater and button up shirt up to reveal her stomach. Showing multiple deep bruises. Yerin silently screamed and looked at the purple and red spots on her stomach.

”Oh my gosh! H-how did you-“

”My dad...my dad is hurting me..”

Sojung said quietly as she fixed her clothes. Yerin sighed and brought Sojung in a gentle hug. The taller girl held back her tears.

”H-he thinks I’m the cause for my mom’s death. If I hadn’t gone here then my mother wouldn’t have had to get a job to pay for my things...she wouldn’t have had to drive to work every weekday...she wouldn’t have gotten int-to that c-car crash..”

Sojung broke down soon after she finished and cried on Yerin’s shoulder. Yerin shushed her and held her in her arms to calm her down.

”It’s okay Sojung. It’s okay.”

*******

”You need to get help SinB. These dreams are getting way too serious and are not letting you sleep.”

”I know I do but I just don’t know who to ask! How do you tell someone hey! I’m having visions about the school getting attacked by muggles and about a student being kidnapped! That’s not a thing that’s believable when you say it..”

Eunbi hummed as she picked at her food during lunch time. She looked at SinB again and spoke up.

”I think we should tell Headmaster Hagrid about all of this.”

SinB nodded. Hagrid was probably not as classy or elegant as Dumbledore but he is indeed an intelligent mind. The girls finished and rushed to find Hagrid before lunch ended.

They looked all over but they eventually found him outside by the groundskeeper’s shed. He was sitting on the steps leading towards the door.

”Headmaster Hagrid!”

He looked up to see that it was Eunbi who called him. He stood up and fixed his clothes.

”Hello there. What can I do for ya?”

Eunbi brought SinB in front of her and Hagrid smiled.

”The famous Hwang Eunbi. How can I be of service to you?”

”Um...do you happen to know anything about dreams? Nightmares specifically?”

”Well I know some things. Why?”

”Well...Ive gotten these really specific nightmares ever since my first year here. And they only happen when I’m here. One of my friends says it’s a vision..”

”Wow...that’s interesting. Care to elaborate on this dream for me?”

”Um..yeah. So it starts off in the school campus..”

SinB explained her nightmare to Hagrid to the best of her ability. Once she was finished, Hagrid whistled out in thought.

”Funny thing SinB, you’re father also had visions like these when he was a student here. He predicted what muggles would do to the school. And it came true...this might come true too.”

Hagrid bent down to SinB’s height and held her shoulder.

”Thank you for this information. I’ll try to set up procedures so this type of situation will be stopped. And if it isn’t stopped, I’ll at least know what will happen. Did you see the person who shot you’re friend in the nightmare?”

”No...I don’t recognize the voice either.”

”Well...if you recognize it later on, make sure to tell me.”

”Yes sir.”

“Now get to class. I’ll notify the staff.”

The two girls bowed and rushed away to get to their classes.