Year Two: Werewolf

Protego Totalum

“Guys...have you seen Yuna lately?”

Eunbi asked the girls who were in the courtyard since they had no classes this morning or whole day. They all said no and Eunbi sighed. Sojung rubbed her shoulder gently.

”She’s probably just in the Hufflepuff tower. She seemed pretty sad yesterday so I doubt she would wanna see anyone today.”

Eunbi nodded and looked down. Just then, the girls heard yells and footsteps rushing down the halls.

”HURRY!! SHE’S JUST UP HERE!!”

They heard the groundskeeper say as he ran and Hagrid ran behind him along with the nurse and other medical staff.

”What in the world?”

”I’m gonna go look..”

SinB said and Eunbi went with her, all of the girls ended up following them afterwards.

They ran until they ended up at the edge of the forest where Hagrid approached them.

”Do not come any further. It’s the forbidden forest for a reason girls.”

SinB huffed and they sat down on a hill nearby. They watched as they entered quickly. SinB, being the stubborn person she is, sneaked behind them along with Eunbi who was extremely worried for Yuna as well, probably more than anyone.

They carefully followed them until they ended up at a pond in the forest. SinB and Eunbi were immediately terrified at the sight they saw.

Yuna, on the floor, uniform and robe with multiple rips and tears. Her face bruised and scraped from the forest floor and a cut on her leg along with deep fang punctures.

Eunbi held her hand to as she tried to stop her crying. SinB held her close as she heard in on what they were saying.

”She’s still alive...but I believe we’re too late..”

The nurse said to Hagrid who carried Yuna in his arms gently. She was limp and unconscious.

”Are we sure we can’t cure her?”

The nurse walked closer to Yuna and examined her wounds. She then sighed.

”These wounds are much to old now. They are starting the natural healing process...I’m sorry Hagrid but she...she’s a werewolf..”

Eunbi and SinB silently cried as they saw Yuna being taken away. They ran to their friends and began to try to explain to them what happened but they were much too disoriented to say anything.

They then saw Hagrid and the others come out with Yuna. They all rushed to her and tried to see what was wrong but they were pushed back a bit so that she could be brought to the medical room quickly.

*******

”She’s a werewolf now? Really?”

Sojung asked timidly to SinB. She responded with a nod. The tall girl was holding Eunbi tightly as she cried hard. Yewon and Yerin cried as they hugged each other.

”Forever?”

”Yeah...forever..”

Sojung whimpered and began to cry as well. They all looked at Yuna on the bed. Sleeping soundly yet they all new she would never be the same again.

SinB held her scraped up hand gently and sighed. Her own friend, a werewolf? It just was too hard to believe. A species known for being savage and ruthless killers does not fit the description for her clumsy and loyal friend Yuna.

She felt her hand twitch a bit and SinB looked up. Yuna had her eyes slightly open. SinB gasped as she saw Yuna open her eyes fully.

”Yuna!”

They all immediately went to hug her. Yuna groaned and giggled.

”I’m fine guys! Gosh get off...”

Yuna said as she laughed. They all began to bombard her with questions. The nurse came rushing in after a few moments and told the girls to step back.

”Yuna, please sit up a bit. What I’m about to tell you may shock you. You may be scared but please don’t hurt yourself alright? Can you do that for me?”

Yuna nodded and looked at the nurse with knitted eyebrows. She sat up and looked at her expectantly. They girls all stood back a bit to listen.

”Yuna...do you remember what happened to you?”

”Yeah..I was attacked by a wolf.”

”Not just a wolf sweetie...um...it was a werewolf.”

”A werewolf? No wonder it was so big..”

”But...Yuna..you see..you got wounded. Your leg is wounded.”

Yuna looked down at her leg once she uncovered the blanket from on top. She looked back up at the nurse.

”Does this mean..”

”You’ve been bit by a werewolf Yuna.”

Yuna’s eyes were filled with tears and she had a look of pure horror on her face.

”N-no...it’s not true...it just isn’t! I can’t be a werewolf!!”

”Yuna I’m sorry but we did some tests and everything shows to be positive. I’m incredibly sorry but you’re now a werewolf..”

Yuna shivered with fear and began to whimper. She looked at all of her friends who were scared as well.

Yuna sobbed and then quickly stood up. She ran out of the room, even with her injured leg. Her friends tried to catch up but to no avail until Eunbi had a last boost of energy and finally caught up to her. She wrapped her arms around her from behind.

”Yuna please stop running.”

”You’re all gonna hate me! You’re scared of me already!!”

”No we’re not. We’re not going leave you just because you’re a werewolf. There’s a potion that can help you control yourself each month. With that, people won’t even know you are one since you won’t change.”

Yuna sighed and turned around. Hugging Eunbi tightly and finally letting all of her tears fall. Her sobs shook her whole body violently.

”It’s okay. We’re here for you....I’m here for you.”

Yuna’s knees buckled and they both sat on the floor and Eunbi comforted her friend as much as she could.