Year Four: The Third Task

Protego Totalum

“Damnit!!”

Hwang yelled out in frustration as he kicked his desk. He yanked at his hair and breathed heavily in fury.

”I thought the tritons would work! She’s still walking around fine!! Gosh!”

He slumped into his seat as he gripped onto the arm rests of his seat. He got his wand and held it up, doing a motion.

*sting!*

”My classroom. Right now!!”

He yelled again, not being able to keep down his anger as he spoke up. He held down his wand and grumbled as he stood up and fixed his clothes.

*******

Yewon staggered away from Hwang’s classroom and quickly made her way towards the quidditch field, now empty arena, where SinB was waiting for her. They hadn’t been apart since the last task almost a month ago and this week was the first where they weren’t with each other everyday.

Yewon saw SinB laying down on the grass and felt her own self coming back a bit at her sight, only for the spell to come back full force and fog her mind once again. There were periods of time where Yewon could control the spell she was under but they finished as soon as they came and it made it almost impossible to ask for help.

All she wanted was to ask SinB or anyone for help. Yet she couldn’t.

”Ah! Yewon!”

SinB sat up as she called her name, smiling brightly. The two ended up laying down and looking up at the night sky, stars were incredibly shiny that evening. 

“The next task is in three days...I’m not sure how I’m going to get trough it after the last task..”

”You’ve gotta keep going. You’re so close to winning! At least this time you aren’t finding me..”

”You’re right. I’ll never let something like that happen to you again.”

SinB said as she hugged Yewon closer to her and rested her chin on top of her head, caressing her hair gently.

”Never again, Yewonie..”

*******

“Welcome everybody to the final task of the tri wizard tournament!!”

The crowds roared with cheers and applause as the three champions stood at the edge of the tall and large maze made out of green hedges. The crowds all situated and sat at the seats of the large repurposed quidditch arena. The girls all sat at the edge of their seats even though the task hadn’t begun yet.

SinB took a deep breath as the announcer made the introductions and rules of the task. All she could think about was getting to the other side and making sure nobody got hurt. As much as se wanted to win, she’d never hurt someone to get her way.

”The rules are simple! Get through the maze and towards the center, there will be the final prize: the tri wizard cup!”

The crowds cheered yet they were muffled out by SinB as she bounced on her toes, incredibly nervous. On the seats, the girls were cheering for her as much as they could.

Yewon smiled as she clapped for her girlfriend, ignoring the sharp pain in her head for a second, only to stop after a second. She sighed and scratched the back of her head in frustration.

”You okay, Yewon?”

Yuna asked as she noticed the sudden drop in excitement from the smaller girl. Yewon nodded and let out a small smile.

”Yeah I’m just a bit nervous..”

”Ah don’t worry about SinB, she’s got this in the bag.”

Yewon giggled and looked back towards SinB, she tried her absolute best not to yell out towards her and tell her what was coming, but she was held back by the spell. The constant push and pull was getting too straining on Yewon and she discreetly held her hand to her head.

”Please be careful, SinB..”

“We begin in three...two...one! Go!!”

SinB and the other two sprinted into the maze. Sana’s leg injury had since healed and she was more than fast, faster than both SinB and Taehyung actually. The maze was foggy and the air felt damp, SinB could easily see the light from the arena disappearing, an eerie blueish light only appeared from the moonlight.

Taehyung quickly ran and made his way though the paths as well as he could, having to use his wand to light up his way for a couple of moments on the way.

Sana was incredible quick, seeing the other two champions once in a while as they crossed paths. Even then she was still incredibly focused on winning, a trait from being in her school, disciplined and focused.

”Oh gosh!”

Sana was suddenly tripped and her chin hit the dirt ground, she felt vines wrapping around her ankles and soon came to the conclusion that the bushes that made the maze were enchanted. Her clothes began to get dirty as she tried to struggle out of the vines.

”Argh! Sectumsempra!”

Sana called out and cut herself from the tight hold of the vines. She quickly got back up on her feet and sprinted away before the vines came back to grab her.

Taehyung could feel he was getting closer to the center of the maze and he frantically began to keep running and running, only to be stopped right in his tracks by a dark figure.

”S-SinB? Sana? Who is that?”

”Hello there, macho man.”

Back at the arena seats, the tension could be felt everywhere, everyone was still and almost quiet as they tried to pick out what was happening.

Yewon was especially nervous and anxious, she couldn’t keep her leg from bouncing and kept fidgeting and biting her lip.

”No, no, no...please no-argh..!”

Whenever she kept trying to break loose, she was yanked right back. Yewon wanted to cry then and there but she had to keep up her face, Hwang would have her head on a spike if she tried to cause a scene now.

SinB could see the light from the center through the walls of leaves and felt herself let out a breathe of relief as she began running towards the light. Only to see Sana running behind her and catching up.

”You have got to be faster than that, SinB!”

Sana chuckled out as she reached next to her, SinB grumbled and felt her legs ache at the speed she was going at, but then it all came to a halt.

”Argh!!”

The two girls were shoved onto the ground roughly. They thought it would be the vines, yet they didn’t expect it to be Taehyung coming from behind them.

”Eunbi...you’re mine..”

He said in an ominous voice, they could see he wasn’t right, there was something in his eyes that was different and dark. Just then, he grabbed SinB’s collar and yanked her up, the girl trying to struggle her way out of his grip.

”Tae! What the heck, man?! Let go!”

”Taehyung, what are you doing?”

Sana spoke up hesitantly but she then saw him hold up his wand and she silently cursed and began to get up and away, but she was too slow.

“Expulso!”

Sana narrowly missed the blue light but the explosion impacted her anyway. She screamed as she was knocked back, body landing right into the arms of the vines of the enchanted bushes.

”Taehyung! Stop this!!”

Taehyung gripped onto SinB’s throat tightly, almost wanting to break her neck, and held her up high. SinB couldn’t breathe, in a desperate attempt to help herself and Sana, she pointed her wand at Taehyung and chocked out an incantation.

”Sectumsempra..!”

Taehyung was slashed right in his arm and he dropped SinB almost immediately. SinB immediately went to help Sana who was now unconscious and covered in vines. She could see Taehyung writhe in pain in the corner of her eye.

”Enough!!”

SinB looked up at the unfamiliar voice yet the person speaking was hooded and their face wasn’t visible. She quickly cut Sana free and hugged her body in her arms, pointing her wand towards then hooded figure.

”Who are you?! Did you mess with Tae?! Leave us alone!!”

”So many questions..”

He walked up to Taehyung and spoke up softly, yet the spell he let out was incredibly forbidden.

”Crucio..”

”AHHHH! NO!! ARGH!! AAHH!!”

Taehyung wailed out in pain, his powerful screams filling the silent maze. SinB looked at him in terror and kept scooting away, not knowing which spell to shoot at him, Sana’s body in her arm.

”What comes next...is you..”

He pointed his wand away from Taehyung, the pain short lived yet too intense as Taehyung shuddered and cried, instead he pointed it towards the two girls but SinB was quicker, she shakily yelled out an incantation.

”Expeliarmus!”

His wand was sent flying and he growled in frustration, he marched towards her but she kept yelling out spells.

”Stupefy!!”

She screamed in a fearful voice, he was thrown backwards and SinB was terrified, she had absolutely no idea on what to do. Taehyung shakily got up to his legs and looked back at SinB, there wasn’t that dark and ominous look in his eyes anymore. 

“We need...we need to help Sana..”

He stuttered out as he limped towards the two, SinB knew he was back to normal, he was under some sort of spell by that man. He held Sana and SinB got up hesitantly, looking around and feeling relieved that the man was gone.

”The cup..”

She said and they both looked at each other, not knowing what to do in this situation.

”You get it...you might have hurt me but...you got that ...you practically save us.”

”Tae..”

”We’ll go back with you. But you should take the cup.”

SinB gulped and looked that Taehyung was being sincere. She sighed and nodded after looking down.

”But you guys go ahead at your own pace...I need to check if he’s actually gone..”

”But what if he isn’t-“

”Hwang Eunbi!!”

They heard his growling scream and saw him at the end of the path once they turned around.

”Oh ...run Tae..! RUN!!”

Taehyung held onto Sana tighter as he began to run away as fast as he could. SinB was about to as well but he turned a corner and she was shot down by the man.

”You’re done for!!”

He kept shooting at her and SinB couldn’t even get up, the pain from the multiple shots was too much for her. She wanted help but she couldn’t in this situation, Taehyung and Sana needed to head to safety.

He stepped on her back and she felt his wand poke at the back of her head, she tried to crawl away but it was no use.

”Oh how I’ve waited for this moment...avada kedav-“

”Fiendfyre!!”

The man was suddenly shot back and engulfed in a ball of fire, he screamed in pain and let go of SinB, she could see that Sana was the one who had shot it at him. She yanked her up and Taehyung held her tattered and beaten body, they sprinted towards the center and saw the shining blue cup.

”HWANG EUNBI!!”

”Grab it SinB!!”

SinB didn’t have much of a choice and she reached out and yanked the cup away from the stone surface and the two teleported away from the maze. Away from the man as well.

The crowd was shocked to see that they had all landed onto the ground in front of them in the arena. SinB hugging the cup tightly to her chest, Taehyung wounded and holding her and Sana falling to her knees in exhaustion.

”Oh my...uh..Hwang Eunbi has gotten the cup..?! Hogwarts wins the tri wizard tournament! Medic!!”

”SINB!!”

Eunbi calles out to her and it was almost as if the girls had jumped the multiple rows of seats in the arena as they ended up by SinB in the matter of seconds. Yerin walked up to Taehyung once the medics had begun to take SinB away.

”Tae...what happened?”

”I..I don’t know..!”

Taehyung broke down in front of the crowds of students and for the first time, they saw him absolutely lose it in tears. Yerin hugged him tightly as he cried in terror and pain. Sana was being brought to the medical bay in a wheelchair along with Taehyung once he calmed down and SinB was laid onto a stretcher and quickly carried away, the girls crying as they followed behind them.

 

”This wasn’t supposed to happen. We will need to reconvene next year...if you let anyone know about this, I’ll torture and kill everyone you’ve ever loved.”

 

Yewon silently gasped and looked around frantically, Hwang was nowhere to be found. She closed her eyes and began to cry out of frustration next to SinB’s bed in the medical bay.

She’s been trapped forever.

 

 

 

______

A/N: sorry for the long wait! And sorry for the sudden ending for year four! :( I needed to get this story moving along soon but don’t worry! Year five and six will be shorter and will give you guys a breather before year seven. I planned on having this story end at 50 chapters but I might have to extend it a bit, damn this is my longest story so far! But hang on! Thank you for sticking with me this far!! <3