Year Two: This’ll be Interesting

Protego Totalum

I can gladly say, although I’m just twelve years old and you’re eleven, with the clearest and most sincere voice I can muster, I have fallen hard for you. My small princess with milky skin and pink lips. A smile as bright as the stars and eyes as deep as the deepest trenches of Earth. I write this as I’m packing up to fly to London to meet you and our friends in the coming days. I can’t wait to see you again my beautiful Yewonie. My heart beats so fast just thinking about holding you in the arms again.

                          ~Love, SinB

 

SinB’s second year at Hogwarts is about to begin and she’s more than excited. She’s currently walking towards the train station with all of her luggage and her uncle and aunt. They went through the brick wall and made their way towards the spot where SinB could put her luggage down.

As SinB was putting everything down, she was tapped on the shoulder. She looked around to find Eunbi. SinB gasped and hugged her tightly.

”I missed you so much!”

”I’ve too! But you just have to see Yewon. She’s dying to see you!”

SinB quickly bid goodbye to her relatives with a kiss on the cheek and a tight hug and scurried into the train, following Eunbi.

”Your hair’s gotten longer! It’s to your shoulder!”

”I know right! I think I might grow it out a bit more. And wait!”

Eunbi turned around and pushed SinB back a bit.

”Lets make this fun. I’ll enter and be sad that I haven’t seen you yet then you can come in and say whatever you want and Yewon will freak! Okay?”

”Got it! Go!”

Eunbi giggled and walked in. SinB could hear the muffled voices in the room.

”I just couldn’t see her anywhere!”

”Are you sure?”

”I’m sorry Yewon...I think she’ll come later..”

”I wanna see her now though..”

”Surely you wanna see me right?”

SinB said as she peeked her head through the sliding glass door. Yewon squealed and dragged SinB in, hugging her as tight as she could. She gave her multiple kisses on her face. SinB giggled and closed her eyes as she grinned.

Eunbi cleared as she saw the two looking deeply into each other’s eyes. Yewon blushed deeply and SinB pinched her cheeks. They sat across from Eunbi, looking out the window as they talked. Soon, Sojung and Yuna joined them. Eunbi was actually pretty happy to see Yuna again. Followed by Yerin who only came in here as her grey cat ran in on accident. Once she found out which room it was, she immediately cheered and sat down with her cat.

The gang was back together again. 

*******

Eunbi and SinB watched as they were sorting the new first years into houses. After the students were all sorted, Headmaster Hagrid stood up to speak.

”Everyone, we have a new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor with us this year. Please let me introduce everyone to Professor Hwang!”

The students clapped for the man who stood up and waved at everyone. Eunbi turned to SinB.

”Isn’t your last name Hwang too?”

”Just because people have the same last name, doesn’t mean their related. There’s so many people with your last name too.”

Eunbi hummed and nodded in agreement. The ceremony kept going until it was eventually time to go to the dorms. As SinB was walking, she noticed that Sojung was walking near her since Gryffindor was being lead in the same direction.

She noticed that she walked with her head down, constantly covering her hands and arms. She’s been like this ever since the train ride. SinB walked near her and nudged her side a bit. Sojung winced and whined in pain.

”Sojung? It didn’t even hurt that much man...are you okay? You seem really sad.”

”I’m fine...yeah I’m fine.”

Sojung said as she used her robe to cover her hands again. SinB got impatient and held her wrist to see her hands and Sojung gasped in pain and her eyes teared up.

”Stop SinB please!”

SinB let go of her wrist but still held onto her hand as she inspected it. She gasped as she saw the multiple scrapes and bruises. Sojung quickly yanked her hand away and walked off with Gryffindor’s group.

SinB sighed and walked with the Slytherin group towards the common room.

That night, SinB tossed and turned as she tried to figure out what had happened to Sojung during summer break.

She looked very depressed and in pain.

*******

SinB woke up with a yelp. It was early in the morning, right as the sun was peeking up over the mountains. Her forehead was sweating and her breathing came out in pants.

Her eyes were b with tears threatening to fall. She blinked them away and tried to calm down.

”She’s okay. Yuna is okay. Everything is okay.”

SinB whispered out to herself. She brought her blanket up to her chest and laid back down as she got a bit more comfortable.

”Everything is okay.”

She sighed and tried to fall asleep again. Even just for a few more minutes.

These dreams are getting much more severe. And they only occur here out of all places. Where this particular scene takes place.

”It’s okay..”

SinB said as she dozed off and fell asleep.

*******

As soon as SinB saw Yuna during break, she quickly gave her a hug and held her close.

”Woah...are you okay?”

SinB quickly nodded and held her close. She heard someone clear behind them and saw Yewon and Eunbi. SinB parted from Yuna and immediately attached herself to Yewon. The shorter girl sighed and patted her arms that were around her.

Yuna and Eunbi began to bicker. It was part of their daily routine towards the end of last year so of course it’ll be an on going thing for the rest of the second year.

“I’m sorry for hugging Yuna like the world was going to end.”

”It’s fine. I guess you missed her a lot?”

”Yeah. I missed all of you. Especially you my Yewonie.”

SinB said as she pinched Yewon’s cheek. She whined and dug her face in her neck. SinB giggled and hugged her.

*******

SinB flinched as she looked towards the front of the classroom. A book was slammed on the dark, wooden desk. She was in her Defense Against the Dark Arts class right now and there’s a new professor.

“Now...in this class I will be teaching you everything you need to know to defend yourselves. It’s quite an interesting topic, the Dark Arts...yet they are not to be meddled with. It’s extremely dangerous and people can get hurt. This is exactly why you’re in this class. To know what to do and what not to do when faced with anything related to the Dark Arts...we wouldn’t want anyone getting in serious trouble...would we?”

Professor Hwang looked at SinB as he finished his last sentence. SinB gulped and clutched onto the fabric of her robe. He looked away after a few seconds and the class began.

It went by smoothly but Professor Hwang kept glancing, or more like glaring, at SinB most of the class. SinB was glad when it was time to leave. 

She got her things ready and scurried to quickly get out of the class but she was brought back by a powerful voice.

”Hwang Eunbi. Come here please.”

SinB bit her lip and turned around towards the Professor’s desk. He looked at her as she stood in front of him.

”You’re father was Hwang Seokmin...correct?”

”Yes sir.”

”Hmm...interesting...so who are you staying with now?”

”Um...I’m staying with my aunt and uncle right now..my father trusted his brother with me since I was a baby.”

Professor Hwang nodded and hummed. He opened his mouth to say something else but soon closed it.

”Alright, off you go.”

SinB bowed and rushed towards the great hall for lunch. Professor Hwang folded his hands on his desk and sighed.

”This’ll be interesting to see unravel..”