Year One: And Done!

Protego Totalum

“We finally finished!!! Heck yeah!!”

SinB gave Yewon a high five outside of their potions class. Both of them finished the last exam of the year and they felt extremely relieved.

Yewon hugged SinB and they giggled as they jumped around. They then began to walk towards the Ravenclaw common room as they finished earlier than everyone and they had time to spare before the other girls got out.

Once they arrived, SinB plopped down on one of the couches and sighed. Yewon sat next to her and laid her head on her shoulder.

”It’s kinda peaceful here...maybe because it’s just the two of us.”

Said SinB who was looking at a picture of stars over the main fireplace of the common room. It was warm and fuzzy inside the room and since everyone was at their classes, it was incredibly calm and peaceful.

She was beginning to doze off and her head began to move towards Yewon’s but then something unexpected happened.

Yewon pressed her lips firmly on SinB’s cheek. Her eyes snapped open and deep blush began to form. Yewon then kissed her cheek again and SinB squealed as she hid her face in her hands.

Yewon smiled and took them off and turned her so they were looking at each other eye to eye. Yewon held her hands and intertwined their fingers together.

”I wanna say thank you SinB. For a great first year here. For letting me see and learn about crushes and love. For everything. I...I really love your company and when you’re around me. It’s gonna hurt to be apart from each other but that time we’re apart will all be worth it once we see each other again. It’ll be amazing and probably one of the best experiences we’ll ever have. Seeing your loved one after months.”

SinB hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her head. She began to rub her back and soft hair. She then heard slight whimpering and sniffles. Yewon’s shoulders were moving up and down. SinB parted a bit and saw Yewon crying.

”Oh no please don’t cry. Please don’t cry Yewonie.”

SinB closed her eyes as she hugged her even tighter. Yewon’s face dug in her neck as she cried a bit harder. SinB whispered out as she rocked her in her arms.

”I’m gonna miss you too Yewon. So much.”

*******

The next day was the last full day at Hogwarts. Tomorrow everyone would be heading home and the first year of SinB at Hogwarts would be complete.

SinB was eating breakfast with Eunbi in the great hall and reminiscing the past days at the school. SinB also thought it would be a great time to pick at her.

”I bet you’ll miss Jungkook a lot won’t you?”

Eunbi stopped eating and almost chocked. She took a deep breath and glared at SinB who looked at her with an innocent smile.

”I have no comment.”

Eunbi said with a clear voice and kept eating. SinB scoffed and went back to her food. Then in the hall, a glass was heard shattering. Then multiple students moving around by the Gryffindor table. The two girls looked towards the table and found that Sojung was the sole figure standing. She then sprinted away being called out by Yerin who went to chase after her.

”I think we should-“

”Right behind you.”

The two girls ran out the hall and they could hear footsteps behind them and Eunbi looked back to find Yuna and Yewon running behind them.

They all followed Yerin as Sojung was out of sight for them. They ended up at the courtyard which was empty at this time of day.

They saw Sojung kneeling with her hands on her face. They all ran towards her and tried to figure out what was happening. They then saw a letter on her lap.

Yerin kneeled down in front of her and tried to calm her down. Sojung’s whimpers and sobs worried the girls and they’d never heard her cry before.

Yerin took the letter and the girls crowded around her to read it as well.

”My dear Sojung, I am very sorry that I have to tell you this news through writing but it’s very urgent. My deepest condolences towards you and your father. Your mother has unfortunately passed away after a car crash. I am extremely sorry for your loss. Her funeral will be held in three days. Your father is as devastated as you probably are and he is awaiting your arrival. I’m once again sorry for telling you this news and I hope you will be okay. I love you very much.

               Sincerely, your Auntie Hyejin”

Everyone stayed silent for a bit. Only Sojung’s sobs filling the silence. Then soon, everyone engulfed her in a tight hug. Sojung began to cry even harder and her whole body shook as she sobbed. She then began to wail out in sadness and held on tight to her friends.

”It’s okay, it’s okay. She’s in a better place now.”

Yerin said to her in a soft voice. They stayed like that, sitting on the floor, comforting her in their arms.

*******

The day passed and it was now dinner time. Sojung was of course still incredibly sad but she went to the house cup ceremony anyways as an attempt to try to lighten her mood up a bit.

They all watched as Headmaster Hagrid stood up to talk to the students.

”My dear students, today is the house cup ceremony and that means we will announce which house has gotten the most points for good deeds and such. Now I will announce the house ranks.”

They all sat carefully and quietly as Hagrid began to speak again.

”In fourth place with 315 points, Ravenclaw.”

All of the students at the Ravenclaw table groaned but clapped grudgingly.

”Third place with 324 points, Hufflepuff.”

The Hufflepuff table cheered. They have never gotten to beat Ravenclaw before, let alone be in third place.

”Second place, with 354 points, Gryffindor.”

The Gryffindor table cheered as well and they all looked towards the Slytherin table.

”And in first place, with a staggering number of 456 points won by mostly the house’s quidditch team, Slytherin!”

The whole table cheered loudly and Eunbi and SinB hugged each other tightly. They squealed and they looked around the table to see everyone cheering and extremely happy. It’s been a long time since Slytherin’s won the house cup.

What a great way to end off SinB’s first year.

*******

SinB closed her suitcase and began to walk out of the dorm room after saying goodbye to Jennie with Eunbi. They all decided to meet up at the courtyard so they could go into the train together.

They all quickly began to rush towards the train after Yuna had trouble finding her pet toad.

”I swear that toad’s gonna get us in so much trouble.”

”It’s not my fault Freddie is energetic..”

Yuna and Eunbi began bickering as they ran towards the train. They all put their belongings in their designated spaces and ran in the train just in time. They got in a room and sighed as they sat down.

”Wow...Yuna you’re definitely gonna get it.”

”By who? You? Please!”

“Shut up I’m stronger than you think!”

The two began to fight again and the rest simply sat back and watched the scenery pass by.

Yewon rested her head on SinB’s shoulder and held her hand gently. SinB blushed slightly and smiled. She kissed her forehead and brought her in a hug. They slept almost the whole way back home.

*******

”Make sure you write to us everyday!”

”Don’t leave anything out!”

”We’ll miss you SinB!”

”Take care!”

All of the girls except Yewon said their goodbyes and left but the small girl stayed behind a bit longer to give her a long goodbye hug.

”You’ll write to me right?”

”Why would I not?”

”I’ll miss you so much SinB...it hurts so bad.”

”We’ll see each other in a few months. Don’t worry..”

”But I’m still really sad that you’ll be gone...what if you don’t like me as much anymo-“

SinB cut her off with a firm kiss on her lips. Yewon stared at her with wide eyes and a bright blush. SinB grinned at her and hugged her again.

”I’ll never stop liking you. Don’t be stupid.”

Yewon giggled and hugged her even tighter. Their first kiss. A goodbye kiss. With a girl. Unexpected but it felt so right to the both of them.

”I’ll miss you SinB.”

”I’ll miss you more Yewonie.”

SinB waved to her and sent her a flying kiss. Yewon grinned and ran off with her parents. SinB’s uncle and aunt began to walk with her out of the train station.

”So...how was your first year?”

”I have so much to tell you guys.”

 

 

______

A/N:

End of year one but not yet of the whole story. There is still so much left to uncover~

;)